PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP, No! - MK Evening EMH, Yes!

Goes4FastPass
10-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Sun Oct 18 - We struggled through the crowds at MNSSHP. All of the MK was crowded and lines were as long or longer than usual for all attractions. Trick or treating was forget it long lines. The parade was good and the fireworks were terrific. We fought through the crowds to exit around 11pm. The $50+ per person cost in the middle of a multi-day MYW+Hopping stay was a expense we won't do again.

Mon Oct 19 - Evening EMH was everything we could have wished for. All attractions (except for always-a-line Peter Pan) were a walk on and we rode and re-rode and rode again. Giant fun for our 9YO as we all but closed the park.

We noted the only time there was a queue of people waiting for the FW-MK boat while were were there was just before the Sun Oct 18 MNSSHP. Maybe every resort guest that went to MNSSHP Sunday night skipped MK-EMH Monday night. I'm glad we didn't!

Disneyfirsttimer
10-23-2009, 01:48 PM
We did MNSSHP in 2007 on a Tuesday (10/16). Everywhere I read said this was one of the slowest nights of the week for the party. It was crazy crowded! I know they say they sell much fewer tickets for the party than what the park can hold on a regular evening at full capacity, but you could have fooled me. We could not move. We certainly could not "walk on" any rides as we had heard. It was extremely crowded.

It was crazy. Our spring break trip in 2006 was much easier to manage.

It was a great experience (the HalloWishes fireworks and the parade were awesome), but I would not do the party again. We also paid for 2 adults and 2 children on top of the MYW+hopper for the week.

Just my :twocents:.

Karyn

clausjo
10-24-2009, 09:38 AM
We were there for the party on the 18th and I didn't think the ride lines were long at all. I agree, the treat trails were crazy busy - by far the worst I've seen in the previous other parties we've gone to. I guess as long as the waits are under 20 minutes we're happy. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think we waited any more than 15 minutes for any ride. We really enjoyed the party. We drove up for the party, stayed overnight and came home the next day, so the party was pretty much our only expense. I can see if you've bought tickets and the party tickets on top of that, where you would maybe be disappointed.

I LoveJack
10-25-2009, 06:34 PM
We were there for the 18th and it really depended on which rides you wanted to as how long they were. Spent most of the time doing the trick-or-treating and getting pictures with some of the characters that are not normally out. I loved it and can't wait to do it again in a year a two.

W24toISMdirect
10-25-2009, 10:19 PM
It's not so much that is was super-crowed by overall Magic Kingdom standards, it's that it was BY FAR the most crowded night of the three we spent there (the other two being Friday and Saturday) including the longest ride waits. DF having purchased hard tickets to the event specifically expecting short ride lines (as he was used to from previous years) was disspointed because the party lines where unworkable, and the ride line (while not unmanagble by any standards) where the longest we saw the entire time we where there. Just made it overall not worth the extra $300+ for a party of six.