PDA

View Full Version : Crowds at the parks

Laura670
10-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Hi!
I was wondering if anyone knew how the crowds have been at the parks. We are leaving Saturday and I was just curious Thanks! :mickey:

tinklover
10-22-2009, 12:18 PM
according to the wait times App on my iPhone the waits are down. that might be an indicator of the crowd levels. Peter pan's Flights is only a 20 min wait, PoC is a 10 min wait, HM is a 10 min wait. I would say , to me , seems like crowds are low.

Seasonscraps
10-22-2009, 12:21 PM
according to the wait times App on my iPhone the waits are down. that might be an indicator of the crowd levels. Peter pan's Flights is only a 20 min wait, PoC is a 10 min wait, HM is a 10 min wait. I would say , to me , seems like crowds are low.

That is just so cool!!

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
10-22-2009, 01:36 PM

if you don't have an iphone, can you get an "app" that will give you wait times like that?? That is SO freaking cool!!

MizMissy
10-22-2009, 02:35 PM
I agree - very cool iphone app!! Of course, I'm also thinking that it may be just a little wee-bit too much torture for me to endure while sitting at my office, hundreds of miles away, with no future trip on the horizon!:)

Bulldawg
10-22-2009, 04:39 PM
We were at Disney World Sunday, Monday and Tuesday of this week. Sunday we went to Epcot, which started out with a very light crowd, but very soon got busy, particularly in the World Showcase due to the Food and Wine Expo, where tons of people were drinking $4.00 shots of wine and $8 beers. Monday AM we went to AK, which was so so crowded, but we did all we wanted to do by lunch time via fastpasses. I walked onto EE in the single rider line, though the regular line didn't look bad either. Went to MK after that and it was very crowded, though not as bad as when we went in July of this year. Went back to MK on Tuesday and found the lightest crowds I ever remember. We got fastpasses, but didn't use most of them because there was no wait on most of the rides. On BTMRR, fast passes helped only if you could walk faster than the people in the non-fastpass lines. It was so light that they opened the line by the exit on SM so you could get back in line without walking back to the front. (We rode 4 times in a row in less than an hour.)

Trick we learned: Go to MK on whatever day it has the shortest hours and no EMH. On Monday it was open 9-10 and on Tuesday it was open 9-7 (due to the halloween deal that started at 7). I think everyone decided to go to MK on Monday to take advantage of the longer hours, but you'd get way more rides in on the short day due to lighter crowds.

GreenBeetle
10-22-2009, 06:48 PM

Way cool App!! :cool: I can't believe I wasn't aware of this before. I'm even more surprised that my 12-year old daughter hadn't discovered it - she's really a regular on the i-Phone App Store. Thanks for the information.

But like MizMissy said, now it will be torture to look at it all the time until our next trip (71 days!!).