PDA

View Full Version : At the parks, which resort bus is closest

russ57
10-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Which resort has the closest bus stops at the parks? Looking for a much shorter walk at the end of the day? Thanks all.

Disneyfun
10-21-2009, 06:46 PM
From what I can remember, I think that the layout of the bus stops is slightly different at each park, but the Deluxe resorts do seem to be up front and the values towards the rear. I don't find the distance all that great between the first and last stop, but, then again, I'm not ussually hauling a tuckered out munchkin with me either - although, I really wish that I was - still waiting for that blessing and need :pixie:

If you were looking for the resort that has the closest stop to the rooms, that will also differ greatly from resort to resort and will be greatly determined by which building you are in. The worst of the deluxe resorts is The Boardwalk Inn, the walk seems like forever. Contemporary is pretty close and has the monorail. WL and AKL are not too far from the main entrance, although AKL now has 2 stops for the villas. I would check out the resort maps and then decide which resort I like and make a request for a building close to the bus stops.

PetefromRI
10-21-2009, 07:47 PM
We found that more times than not,Coronado Springs was always one of the closest.Their busses are usually empty going and comming from the parks.For the most parts it goes deluxe to value.For some reason CBR is always put with the values.

Nascfan
10-21-2009, 08:09 PM
It varies from park to park and has absolutely no bearing on value, moderate, or deluxe resorts. For example, when we were there last June, Pop was the absolute closest to Studios, but the furthest at Magic Kingdom, and somewhere in the middlish at Epcot.
It also changes from time to time, we've been there and had a different bus stop at the same park on different days during our stay.

buzznwoodysmom
10-21-2009, 08:10 PM
The two times we stayed at WL the bus stop from the parks seemed to always be one of the first ones, many times it was the first one. When we stayed at All Star Movies it was always the last bus stop. In June we stayed at CBR and often times that bus stop was one of the last ones.

CleveRocks
10-21-2009, 08:41 PM
It varies from park to park and has absolutely no bearing on value, moderate, or deluxe resorts.
Exactly!

People like to believe that there's some pattern related to level of resort, but there just isn't.

In fact, the bus slot assignments change once or twice a year or so ... so you could be really out of luck booking a resort based on where the bus slot locations are NOW, because they could change next week.

stitchaholic
10-21-2009, 09:10 PM
We found that more times than not,Coronado Springs was always one of the closest.Their busses are usually empty going and comming from the parks.

i found this to be true !

joelkfla
10-22-2009, 11:23 PM
All Stars is one of the furthest at every park.

Pop is far out everywhere except at DHS.

CBR is among the furthest at the MK and Epcot.

It's not because they're value resorts. It's because they usually seem to have the most guests, and the higher capacity queues tend to be further out.

AKL and CS load zones are pretty close in at all of the parks. No particular reason -- it just happens to be that way.

mdhiggin
10-22-2009, 11:46 PM
Just avoid whichever hotel we're staying at. It seems to always be the furthest away no matter where we stay.:D

PetefromRI
10-23-2009, 07:24 AM
Just avoid whichever hotel we're staying at. It seems to always be the furthest away no matter where we stay.:D

LOL!!!!

coneygoil
10-23-2009, 09:15 AM
It would definately be the deluxe resorts that are closest. For all the 9 times I have stayed at Riverside, it was ALWAYS the last bus stop. Then a few years ago we switched to POP and now it's always the last bus stop! LOL. The Epcot and AK bus stations seem to be the farthest from the entrace.

kakn7294
10-23-2009, 09:49 AM
We've stayed at all values except Movies, all moderates except Riverside, and at WL. CSR and WL seem to be relatively close at all the parks. As others have said though, it does vary from park to park and there's really no rhyme or reason to it. And in my opinion, when you are tired at the end of the day, they ALL seem far away!