PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it's actually happening Day 5 LIVE

Dopey's Girl
10-20-2009, 10:57 PM
We started the day out bright and early again...it was a magic morning, so we were headed out to see some of the park early. We took the monorail over, and decided to start the day with Nemo. What a great ride! I really loved it, but at one point the captian bent over and scared the living daylights out of me and I whacked my elbow on the sub. YOUCH!

After Nemo we decided it was time to get in line for Space Mtn. HOLY COW! That was so awesome!!! I love the ride vehicle, the scary effects, everything was just so awesome!! I was really impressed! We were going to ride again, but the park had just opened to everyone, and the wait went from 20 mins to 50 in about 3 seconds. Oh well, at least we got to do it once.

We rode Buzz again (and emailed the pic home..how fun!) then headed over to the ride I was most wanting to get on today. Mr Toad's Wild Ride. That was one of my most favorites when it was in WDW, and it didn't dissapoint!

Then it was off to get a fastpass for Indy, and to hit the line for HM. I love the look of HM here. Even if I never rode it, I would think it's better here. After riding with the Nightmare overlay, I know it's better! How cool is that?! I loved getting to see a different version. It was really neat, and I was very impressed with the job they did!

Then it was off to Pirates again (so stinking cool) and to the Jungle Cruise before we could get on Indy. The wait for Indy was worth it! That kinda took my breath away! It was so fast, I really liked it, but would have liked it to slow down just a bit so we could see stuff!

We got a little lunch, then decided it was time for BTMRR and another trip on the Matterhorn. After that we were starting to get hot, and the crowds were building. We had seen and done almost everything we wanted, so we decided to head out via the shops on mainstreet.

We came back to the room for a nap and to start packing up. We go home tomorrow afternoon. I'm sad in some ways, but really happy to be heading home too. I miss my own bed!

All in all, I'm very happy with my trip here, but I'm not going to be in a huge rush to get back. I'm thrilled that I got to see Walt's park, but I'm more in love than ever with the vast expanse that is WDW. I can't wait until January to get back there!!!

My Cali summary. 1) Traffic here is nutty, not something I have adjusted too in my time here. 2) Disney hotels are the best. 3) So Cal weather is hard to beat. 4) Pie is good.

Thanks for reading! I had a really good time reporting live. I wish WDW had internet like this!

'Night All!
Meg

NotaGeek
10-21-2009, 01:24 AM
Sounds like you had fun. Sorry you didn't experience any of Fantasy Land, Toon Town, the Railroad or any of the amazing live entertainment that really differentiates DLR from the Magic Kingdom ... WDW and DLR are so completely different. It always makes me a little sad when people don't get the same experience I get at DLR -- the magic, charm and real feel of Walt's presence in every detail make up for the small castle. :mickey:

Thank you so much for your reports! :tink:

jodijo
10-21-2009, 09:58 AM
I live in CA (about 8 hours away from DL) and have to agree in that I love WDW more. I just feel like I am surrounded by the magic at WDW. I cannot stand the traffic and transportation issues at DL. I guess that is why we fly across the country to WDW as often as we can.

robnadina
10-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the reports. I always get excited when I go to DL, even after having gone so much. But I love listening to people's experiences the 1st time they go. I have lived in So Cal all my life and I still haven't gotten used to the traffic here. Gets worse every year. There are so many negative assumptions about LA, I am glad you had a great time!

pdrlkr
10-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon: