PDA

View Full Version : Is WDW as crowded as Disneyland has been lately?

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
10-20-2009, 12:47 PM
I've heard and read reports about Disneyland being crazy packed lately - as in getting to capacity on Fridays, being elbow to elbow on weekends. I know they have a lot of different Halloween things, and an overall different experience, but, for those of you who have been in WDW lately or are there now, how are the crowds in Florida?

Are the previous good times to go (low crowd dates) not really so low crowd times anymore?

ginger19
10-20-2009, 01:39 PM
I just got back and I was floored at how packed it really was. On saturday we tried 3 parks and every one was of them was exceptionally busy. Friday was very busy as well and wednesday/thursday were the only days where the crowds weren't too bad. I know it was a holiday week but I never expected rides to be out of fast passes by 1pm!

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
10-20-2009, 02:10 PM
My Mom is there now and has been providing regular reports, including that Toy Story Mania was only a 10-minute wait (I don't know what time of day, but I know it wasn't first thing in the morning) and ToT was walk-on at one point yesterday.

stephntampa
10-20-2009, 02:30 PM
We just had absolutely gorgeous weather here in Central Florida over the weekend, plus many public schools had a holiday on October 16th (Friday), so I am sure lots of locals were at the parks over the weekend.. I wish I had been :(

EJS-Houston
10-20-2009, 02:56 PM
The very recent reports I've been getting from WDW in FL say crowds are negligible. I'm counting on that to hold true (2 weeks and 2 days 'til my WDW vacation, but who's counting?!).

Ed
10-20-2009, 03:01 PM
I was at Epcot on Saturday; the parking lot was almost completely full, and the park was more packed than I've seen in a long while.

seanyred
10-20-2009, 03:12 PM
I think the busy season/empty season are getting harder to judge. I believe that if you are staying for an entire week try to get the long wait attractions completed during the week and leave the smaller ones for the weekends.

BowTie7
10-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Disneyland has a huge number of season pass holders (many times more than in Florida) most of which have many date restrictions (especially in the summer). Combine that with their new Halloween theming of Space Mountain, the special Halloween fireworks (included with regular park admission) and the Nightmare before Christmas theming on the Haunted Mansion--and you will get huge crowds, actually bigger than many summer weekend. Disneyland is slower most weekdays and California Adventure never seems to get a big crowd.

Mrs Bus Driver
10-20-2009, 08:32 PM
I've heard and read reports about Disneyland being crazy packed lately - as in getting to capacity on Fridays, being elbow to elbow on weekends. I know they have a lot of different Halloween things, and an overall different experience, but, for those of you who have been in WDW lately or are there now, how are the crowds in Florida?

Are the previous good times to go (low crowd dates) not really so low crowd times anymore?
I grew up in Ca and now live in Az (30 plus years in az) anyway when I first started taking my kids to DL about 14 years ago Oct was a great time to go, but now a days lots of schools take a 2 week break in early Oct. Add to that the 3 day weekend for Columbus day and you have summer time crowds. We would see so many people from Az at DL in Oct we thought our whole town was there. Now if I can manage it I prefer to go to WDW it may be crowded but no where near as bad as DL. :mickey:

DisneyFanaticDargon
10-20-2009, 10:02 PM

WDW didn't just introduce a Halloween-themed Space Mountain, new Halloween fireworks, AND Haunted Mansion Holiday all at once either. I'm pretty sure DLR has a lot going for it right now.

10-21-2009, 12:15 AM
The very recent reports I've been getting from WDW in FL say crowds are negligible.

Don't know where you are getting your info but Sat, Sun and Monday at the MK were VERY crowded, more than some summer days. Tuesday was reasonably light, partly due to the MNSSHP closing the park early. Projections for Wed. are for a very large crowd.