PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it's actually happening Day 4 LIVE

Dopey's Girl
10-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Today we got to sleep in a bit. We were planning on heading to California Adventures, but since they don't open until 10, we got to have a bit of a lazy morning. Once we were up and ready we decided to see if Goofy's Kitchen had any openings...they did, so we headed over. Breakfast was yummy, but the characters were just so so. Not very interested in chatting with adults I guess. I'm glad we ate there, but the price was a bit steep in my opinion...$35 for pancakes and potatoes is a bit more than I'm used too!

After we ate we headed to CA. The Halloween decorations are so cute!!! Love them! We headed towards Midway Mania, since my Aunt had never ridden. So much fun as usual. Then we rode California Screaming. LOVED IT! I'm a huge roller coaster fan, so having a new one to ride was fun!

We then headed over to see ToT...I love the qeue here! So much more detailed than WDW. Then it was off to Monsters (love it too...Monsters Inc. is quite possibly one of my favorite new Disney movies.) and to Muppet Vision 3-D. Then we went to have a wine tasting..YUMMY.

Now here is where the day started to turn for us...we were kind of out of stuff we really wanted to see. We went to the Tortilla Factory and the Bakery for some sourdough (Yum), but didn't know where to go from there. There just didn't seem to be much there to keep us entertained.

We decided that we needed a rest, so we came back to the hotel for a snooze. Once we were up, we decided to head to Disneyland. We got to Main Street..pretty cool. I loved getting to see the light they leave on for Walt. That made me a bit teary! We headed up Main Street to get a peek at the Castle...WOW...very cute, but so very tiny! I knew it was on the smalish side, but had no clue it was that small!!!

We took some pics, then headed off to see Buzz...I like their version just a bit more. The lazers are way easier to work. We checked out the time for Space, but it was too long, so that will wait for tomorrow. We hit the Materhorn (fun!), then headed over to Pirates. All I have to say is WOW! The version here is so, so, so much better than WDW. From the qeue, to the drops, to the end it was just awesome. I can't wait to ride again.

We wanted to see some other stuff (HM, Mr Toad, Nemo) but the lines were too long, and we were too tired. We tried to find some food in Critter Country, but I stepped in some :sick:, so that kinda killed my appetite. By this time the park was feeling really crowded, and we had all just had enough. It's hard to navigate in a park you have never been in, in the dark, when it's busy, so we headed out.

All in all the day was kind of a bust. I knew coming here that the parks were very differnent, but I guess I wasn't prepared enough. I still have high hopes for tomorrow though!

My Cali observations for today. 1) Very few servers deserve a $12 tip on a buffet, but that is what our Goofy's Kitchen server got, since they make you pay that up front. 2) Japanese game shows just make me laugh, even though I have no clue what they are saying. 3) Disney resort TV needs more channels for when all the parks are closed by 9 (see #2).

Tomorrow...more Disneyland

Magic Smiles
10-20-2009, 06:43 AM
Enjoying your trip reports. As I stated in my trip report First Timers to Disneyland - Day 1 Part 1, DH I don't think is over just how small the "Castle" is in Disneyland. We really enjoyed CA, but it could use more attractions. DS and I went on California Screamin' MANY times.....love it. The Grizzy Run is really great! The Segway Tour is a riot!

I also had the same observations about Goofy's Kitchen, being a family of 3 where DS is 17. The characters tended to miss by us, but we did finally get them and ended up being visited by 5 or 6.

Your observations about Buzz were interesting as we had the complete opposite thoughts about the lazers. Our scores in DL were pathetic compared to WDW. I did like how you could email your ride photo home.

I am impressed at the fact that you are able to get your trip reports done at the end of the day. I still have 3 days worth of reports to do. Looking forward to todays report.

Melanie
10-20-2009, 06:53 AM
Awww, I'm sorry you considered the day a bust. :( Yes, the parks are very different, and like comparing apples to oranges.

Did you explore the rest of California Adventure? Go over to Golden State area? I know the park is turned a bit upside down right now, but it's a great park! Glad you enjoyed California Screamin' - it's my favorite coaster anywhere!

I hope a fresh start in Disneyland is what you need. I LOVE the castle - it's so charming, and a bit more realistic IMO. Fantasyland is incredible, and you've already discovered the wonder that is Pirates. I can hardly ride at WDW anymore - it's too disappointing. I'm excited for you to try Haunted Mansion Holiday and Ghost Galaxy. I'm jealous! I hope you have a wonderful day!!!! :mpumpkin:

pdrlkr
10-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon: