PDA

View Full Version : Got Cali Grill for my b'day! and other ADRs

tadcd
10-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Thanks to everyone who weighed in on where to go for my birthday. :rocks:I called in this morning at 6:59 am and got our ADRs, including California Grill for my birthday (our first time!). I am very excited that I got the time that folks suggested for viewing Wishes.

For DH and me, a huge part of our trip to WDW is the dining. Two of our three previous visits coincided with the Food and Wine festival, which we really enjoy. So we will be mixing things up between old favorites and new dining places.:secret:

We were also very lucky and got all of the ADRs for our week long vacation split between BCV :cloud9: and AKL (first time there, Denise at Magical Journeys grabbed the disney visa special offer for us :muscles:), usually for right around the times we asked for. The disney dining plan is too much food for us. So, here is the list of our ADRs:

-Kouzzina breakfast first morning (first time, heard from some of you that this is yummy)

-Le Cellier - earlier than we normally eat dinner but there was only 2 choices available and the other was super late (can you imagine? I was on the line so super early!); we tried to eat there last time but couldn't get a reservation, so this will be a first for us

-Biergarten - birthday lunch :party:

-dinners at Saana (first time) and Jiko (an old favorite)

-lunch at Yak and Yeti (husband loves this place)

-Sunrise Safari (first time), which includes the buffet breakfast at Pizzafari (the itinerary planner asked us if we have any food allergies! he was so amazingly nice - the only reason we went for a club level room - standard - was for the safari. I was very spoiled though by his help - he emailed me a sheet of all of my ressies! and I'm thinking wow, this is what people get to enjoy by going "club level!") :cloud9:

-we are also planning on Il Mulino (Italian restaurant at the Dolphin or Swan, a favorite of ours)

-Walk in to Bongo restaurant at Downtown Disney (never been to this area, saw mixed reviews but we do love latin food so figured we'd try it)

So, that's all I have, just wanted to share the news with my foodie friends on the dining discussion board. I feel so amazingly lucky that we get to go back to WDW and enjoy so many wonderful treats. Thanks again for your help! :mjump:

:geek: -Teresa

Jan 2010 weekvacation divided BCV/AKL
Oct. 2008 long weekend BC
Spring 2006 passing through, 1 night BCV
October 2005 week long honeymoon BCV

Itchy
10-19-2009, 11:11 PM
You will love Cali Grill, I was there for my B-day in august and they had mickey confetti on the table and a special piece of chocolate cake. and a lot of attention.

:mickey:

Tinkermom
10-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Congrats on getting Cali Grill! :party: This is my favorite restaurant!!

All of your ADR's sound great! DH and I ate at Saana in July and loved it! The service and food were amazing. The restaurant sits right on the savannah. We had this really big cool looking bird standing right next to the window! We also got the wine flight which was paired wonderfully with our meal.

Have a great trip!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Sounds like great choices