PDA

View Full Version : 5 more days and somewhat sad.....

DisneyFr33k
10-19-2009, 09:58 PM
We are 5 days from our dream down to the World and cruise afterwards. Why am I feeling a bit let down? Like I don't want it to come?

tinklover
10-19-2009, 10:10 PM
I get the same way, i think for me it is because once it gets here it has to end? I cry when i walk down main street in MK and I cry walking out of what ever park we do last and I cry pulling out of Pop century.

deedeebee
10-19-2009, 10:12 PM
I get that way too, the closer it gets the sooner it will be over:(

BelleKP
10-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Not that I'm glad you are feeling this way, but I am glad for your post.
There are so many threads here, overflowing with excitement over pending trips . . . and really, I am among them, but for the past week or so I've lost my excitement. We're still 50 days out, and I think I'm going through the lag of everything being planned, but of course way too early to start packing. You are probably at the later lag, where everything is done, packing is started and now what? Now it's time to worry about the little things, which can totally get you down. As a PP said, now it's so close, it's also close to being over :(
I hope despite your current feeling that things perk up in the next couple of days . . . :thumbsup: Just remember that you know you will have a great time, it's Disney after all! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
10-20-2009, 07:30 AM
Just like the pp said, I too am glad to see this thread!! We leave in 2 days, and I thought I was crazy... I'm happy, don't get me wrong, but the spine-tingling, all-over jump around and be crazy happiness just isn't there like it's been numerous times when our trip was farther out!

I know part of it is what the op said... not wanting it to come all of a sudden, b/c then you know it's going to be over, too. Which is why I'm usually thinking of dates for another trip before we leave, although this year, I'm not... we're just not sure about next year right now.

What gets me through is knowing this has happenend before, whether it's Disney or any other trip.... I think we spend so much time planning and thinking about and anticipating our trips that when it comes down to the wire, we're actually a bit tired of thinking about it, and the reality of getting there is so close we can't really "feel it" anymore.

So, I just usually allow myself to sit back and relax and just do the last minute details w/o waiting for that joy to hit... and then every once in awhile, it does.... maybe I hear a Disney song, I read a story on here or I hear an add on the TV, and all of a sudden, I'm there... I'm on Main St., grinning like a 5yr old and the feeling returns. Not for long, mind you, but it's still there, and that makes me feel better! :)

It's so odd, isn't it?? You spend months bouncing around like a kid in anticipation and excitement, and then just a few days out, it's like someone let the air out of your balloon... for me, once we get to the airport, I start to get excited again... and once we're almost there, it definitely kicks in.

So, don't worry -- you're not the only one!! Have a great trip & a great cruise!!

snuggs30
10-20-2009, 08:56 AM
I get the same way, i think for me it is because once it gets here it has to end? I cry when i walk down main street in MK and I cry walking out of what ever park we do last and I cry pulling out of Pop century.

So do I :(

Ms. Mode
10-20-2009, 09:12 AM
I always get so excited while I'm planning the trip...I drive my family crazy :mickey: But when it gets close to time to leave the end is near. Maybe we should schedule our next trip before we leave home:thumbsup:

rubato
10-20-2009, 10:54 AM
I'm a little sad today too. I'm 91 days out and have been obsessing on ADRs. Questioned hubby again this morning and he told me to get whatever I wanted because it was going to be a really long time before we go back! I already have had to wait 2 years between trips, so what does that mean?:confused:

Joannelet
10-20-2009, 12:58 PM
I think its the whole planning so early thing that gets everyone so down right before the trip. We have to do all this planning with our ADR's so far ahead of time that it sometimes takes all that magic for us out because we already know what are days will be like when we get there.
I use to LOVE LOVE LOVE not knowing where I was going to eat that day or what park I was going to head to. (I would maybe plan that out a couple of weeks before...not months.)
But your right...when the trip is right in front of you it isn't fun for that moment in time....
I wish there was a way that all these ADR plans can be different. I think its become too much for everyone......

I want to go back to the days where I didn't have to worry about ADR's and just have anticipation of my underplanned trip to the happiest place on earth.

BluewaterBrad
10-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Sorry gang. I am not in the same boat. We are 5 days out and I am crawling the walls!!!!:mickey:

Sylvia
10-20-2009, 09:26 PM
I want to go back to the days where I didn't have to worry about ADR's and just have anticipation of my underplanned trip to the happiest place on earth.

You hit the nail on the head for me with this comment. I only make one ADR before each trip (and sometimes I just wait until I'm there) for the 50's Prime Time. Personally, I prefer to "wing it" and take my chances. With so many food choices at CS locations in the parks these days and at resort food courts, I' don't have to keep on a schedule. I'm happier that way.

JerseyMouse
10-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Very understandable..planning for the trip is fun, and you're going to miss that aspect of it now that the trip is near.

My problems come from arrival day jitters..DW and I have been to WDW 10 + times, and I've had the jitters before each trip...worrying about the flight being on time, room in our desired location, etc all comes into play.

rubato
10-22-2009, 09:17 AM
You hit the nail on the head for me with this comment. I only make one ADR before each trip (and sometimes I just wait until I'm there) for the 50's Prime Time. Personally, I prefer to "wing it" and take my chances. With so many food choices at CS locations in the parks these days and at resort food courts, I' don't have to keep on a schedule. I'm happier that way.

This was us. We never got the dining plan. We made one ADR for Pooh. And, then we would get hungry and walk up to TS and if they could take us, we'd go eat. And, that was just 5 years ago. 2 years ago, we got a big surprise. There was no room at the inn. So, unfortunately, I've got 8 ADRs this time. I hope I'm hungry when I'm supposed to be and I hope I want that kind of food that night!

divinedi
10-22-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm like that too, soooo excited to make all the plans, when it gets closer I get a little down because I know it's going to be over soon, sad, but what can you do!?:blush: