PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast...I'm just not feeling it.

DreamFinder2
10-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Ok, so we're arriving at GF on 12/19, staying for 6 nights. My DW and I have several lunch and dinner ADRs, but only one breakfast ADR at The Wave. I'm feeling like we may just play it by ear for our other days' breakfasts...either eating CS at our resort, or chancing it at Kona or GF Cafe without ADRs.

What do you think? For some reason I'm having a hard time with this...

faline
10-19-2009, 06:37 PM
I't usually fairly easy to get into the Grand Floridian Cafe. It might be tougher to get breakfast at Kona - it's pretty popular. Other options are the Main Street Bakery in the Magic Kingdom or Starring Rolls at Disney Studios.

Phantod
10-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Or for a dynamite breakfast pizza, enough for 2 in a single order, try it at DTD, Wolfgang Puck Express. Way good. And it's just a CS.

Maxwell
10-19-2009, 08:35 PM
I think that a lot of this depends on what type of "breakfast" person you are. A bagel and a cup of coffee could be enough to get you to the parks with a danish and other snacks around 10:00 in side the park. OR...you might want a full breakfast with eggs and sausage...and roll into the parks later. We are usually "fast breakfast" people...with an early gate at the park and a snack around 10. So...ADR's for breakfast aren't that big of a deal. Heck...doughnuts and coffee in the room may be enough. It all depends on what you want...but don't feel pressured to change your style based on the fact that you are on vacation.

DreamFinder2
10-19-2009, 08:50 PM
...but don't feel pressured to change your style based on the fact that you are on vacation.

I think that's a good point. We generally aren't big breakfast kind of people, and always make a grocery stop on our way to the hotel so we have some basics in our room.

Other thoughts???

Seasonscraps
10-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Eric, we are the same way. We are not big breakfast people or morning people for that matter. LOL A bagel, pastry, yogurt, cereal, etc will easily tide us over until lunch.

KylesMom
10-19-2009, 09:50 PM
We, too are not big a breakfast family while in Disney. Most of the time we have a breakfast snack in the room, and then schedule a fairly early lunch. This past 15-day trip, we scheduled one breakfast ADR (Chef Mickey's - tradition) and that was enough for us. Go with what's the most comfortable for you! :mickey:

kwhitt3202
10-21-2009, 09:43 AM
There are lots of breafast options in the wilderness lodge's gift shop (boxes of doughnuts, bagles,milk, etc) if you want to go there. Their shop has a little grocery section because of the villas. Its a great way if you are not big breakfast people to grab and go from your room.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-21-2009, 12:31 PM
We normally take cereal bars or honey buns and have them for breakfast in our rooms so we can save CS for lunch and TS for dinner, but we did make one ADR on our last trip for breakfast and it was at Kona...I have to say, that was the 2nd best meal we had during the 10 days we were there....so if you want to do a nice breakfast make that ADR at Kona

sndral
10-24-2009, 03:20 AM
Every once in awhile I like a lazy morning room service breakfast. Other times I'll take an early morning walk and bring back pastries, yogurt or fruit and juice to eat in the room or on a deck/balcony.

ravsluvdisney
10-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Like so many other decisions here, ultimately personal preference is what it boils down to. With our 2 DS' (now 10 & 7) breakfast ADR's to see characters, get autographs, etc. have been the norm for us, but we will also grab quick bites depending on what we have planned to start the day.

Regardless - enjoy! We probably won't be back to sometime in 2010 so have Mickey pankake for me!! :chef: