PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon

FLKatie912
10-19-2009, 12:43 PM
My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in WDW. (I wouldn't have it any other way!)

I am looking for opinions on accomadations for deluxe resorts. Which one has the best Honeymoon accomadations? Do any have "Honeymoon Suites"? Any perks?

minnie-mouse
10-19-2009, 01:50 PM
We stayed at the Poly for our honeymoon, very romantic, the grounds lit up with torches at night and the music playing, the beach overlooking the lake and castle. Very convenient to everything, monorail access, great shops and restaurants, can't beat it. I think they do have a honeymoon suite but it is very pricey!

andypooh
10-19-2009, 03:22 PM
I would say Grand Floridian if you are looking for something elegant. They have a wonderful lobby and a number of good restaurant choices. While all WDW resorts have a lot of kids, this would be the one that would be the most quiet I would think.

:mickey:

BrerGnat
10-19-2009, 06:23 PM
We stayed in a Honeymoon Suite at the Wilderness Lodge for our honeymoon. It was GREAT! Excellent HUGE (for 2) jacuzzi in the bathroom, and we were on the MK side, so we could watch the fireworks from our balcony. WL is a great place for a romantic getaway. It's very secluded and there are lots of private places inside and outside the resort for relaxing. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

TammiMcMan
10-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Deluxes that have a separate booking category for honeymoon suites:

BWI ~ 2 story garden suites, with a living room on the first floor and a master bedroom loft upstairs with jacuzzi tub, each entrance has a white picket fence and garden

GF ~ 2 styles of honeymoon suites, all in the main building (some have views of the castle, while others are much larger but have no balcony and varied views)

Poly & WL ~ both have bookable honeymoon suites, which guarantee you a king bed and usually a jacuzzi tub

All honeymoon suites come with club level service. I've stayed in one of the larger GF honeymoon suites for an anniversary. It was huge and had a wall of windows that offered beautiful views.

cmshelton1979
10-21-2009, 11:08 AM
We stayed in a Honeymoon Suite at the Wilderness Lodge for our honeymoon. It was GREAT! Excellent HUGE (for 2) jacuzzi in the bathroom, and we were on the MK side, so we could watch the fireworks from our balcony. WL is a great place for a romantic getaway. It's very secluded and there are lots of private places inside and outside the resort for relaxing. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You got the better of the Honeymoon suites. I was there last year and the room was fantastic, but the view was not so much......

starryeyes21
10-23-2009, 03:01 PM
My husband and I spent our honeymoon at the Wilderness Lodge last year. Perhaps things have changed but when we stayed there we were not satisfied with the room or the service we received. We felt as though we didn't get a great value here for our buck. I wish that I had stuck to my guns and booked Poly.

darthmacho
10-23-2009, 03:37 PM
We did Wilderness Lodge in 1998 for our honeymoon, and we loved it. It is a very romantic resort in a "cuddle by the fire" sort of way. Artist Point is a great restaurant for honeymooners, in my opinion. In any case, it would be hard to go wrong with any of the deluxe resorts, so pick your favorite theme, and stay at the best one you can afford. :mickey: