PDA

View Full Version : California Grill or Narcoossee's?

alicefan76
10-19-2009, 10:56 AM
We are getting ready to book our ADR's next week and want to pick at least one really nice table service dinner.

We've never eaten at California Grill or Narcoossee's. Which one is better? Are they worth 2 TS credits?

What is your favorite dish at these restaurants?

tinkergal
10-19-2009, 11:36 AM
We prefer Narcoossee's. DH has had surf & turf & the whole Maine lobster. I've enjoyed the halibut a couple times, at least. This has been our 2 TS meal for the last 3 yrs. & has never disappointed. I hope you enjoy whichever you choose.

Mysttree
10-19-2009, 11:40 AM
I suggest you compare the menus. It depends on the types of food you prefer.
We have eaten at both, LOVE both and believe that you definitely get great food & service at both. They both also have amazing ambience.
We can definely eat about $100 worth of food each- so in that respect- yes worth the 2 TS credits.
Have fun & enjoy which ever one you choose!

Tigger10
10-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Very hard decision however, we LOVE Narcoossee's. We booked Narcoossee's for Tues. Nov. 10th and I can't wait. The food is fantastic, service is fantastic and the wine is delicious !! I'm not a seafood guy but I heard the Lobster was excellent. I definitely think you should check out the menus for both restaurants. Good luck and have fun on your trip !!

SurferStitch
10-19-2009, 04:37 PM
We love both, but Narcoossee's is our favorite.

I love the whole lobster, the surf and turf, crab cakes and their scallops. The food and service are absolutely wonderful here.

We also like the more intimate and quieter atmosphere at Narc's.

DebK
10-19-2009, 05:53 PM
We prefer Narcoossee's as well. The almond-crusted cheesecake is divine....:thumbsup:

Crow
10-19-2009, 11:35 PM
CA Grill!!!
been here a few times and it is great

BraddyB
10-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Narcoossee's for us !!!!!!!!

pluto 77
10-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Well, typically i would have to say Narcoossee's, but after eating there on the 4th of October I would go with Cali Grill!
We usually really enjoy both places, but we were rushed out of Narcoossees and had such a terrible waiter i don't know if i want to go back. It was the first night of our honeymoon, which we mentioned, and we wanted to relax. But instead we were rushed out in an hour. We hadn't finished our apps and our dinners were on the table. Then before he even cleared our plates, he was trying to get us to order our desserts. This was actually our second bad experience, , but we do love the food, so we will continue to go back. We also ate at the Cali Grill later in the trip and it was wonderful.
Cali Grill is top notch! Never had a bad meal here and service has always been great. You will most likely enjoy either place, I just wanted to let you know our recent experience.

ibrowse17
10-20-2009, 09:37 PM
Having been to both, I would go with Narcoossee's:thumbsup:

Live4WDW
10-20-2009, 10:56 PM
:mickey: Having went to both, and being impressed each time it is a hard decision. However, with the maine lobster tipping the scales in Narcoossee's favor I will have to say our experience at Cali Grill was awesome as well, except for the drunk lady at the bar that kept bumping into me, and laughing like a hyena. Thought my wife was gona send her on a one way trip on the monorail. Had celebrated 3rd wedding anniversery at Narcoossees. The service was excellent, as was the very comfortable atmosphere, and we also loved being able to watch wishes from the table. Ditto on the almond cheesecake.