PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it's actually happening Day 3 LIVE

Dopey's Girl
10-19-2009, 12:40 AM
The day started way too early with a trip to take mom to church. We went to the 6:45 AM mass at St Justins...how is there traffic that early?! Nutzo!

After church, we came back to pick up my Aunt, and headed out to the Zoo. We stopped at a cute little place in San Clemente called The Sugarshack. It was so, so good! I had the best cinnamon roll ever! It was so gooey. YUM!

After breakfast we headed to the San Diego Zoo. All I can say is WOW!!! I have never seen a zoo like that in my life! It was so amazing. The Pandas were my favorite. I could have stayed there and looked at them forever! They were just so stinking cute. We wandered around for a while (dang that place is hilly!), then decided to take the sky ride to the front of the park. It was really hard to decide where to go next, so we took the bus ride around to try to get the lay of the land.

We all decided we were hungry, so we got some food, and continued on to the Elephant habitat. You get so close to the critters, it's just amazing! We saw the monkeys and hippos, and lots of other stuff.

We decided to head out at around 4...we had a long drive back, and we were tired. We said goodbye to the critters, and headed back to the 5. Traffic this time was much better...

We lounged around the room for a bit (we got one of the back parking spots behind the Wonder tower...SCORE!) then decided to go back to DD. We ate at Tortilla Jo's (yummy, but not as good as Marisols in Santa Monica) and did some shopping.

We are back in the room now, listening to fireworks go off, and getting ready to hit the hay. Tomorrow is California Adventure! My first West Coast Disney Park!!!

My Cali observations for the day. 1) Hole in the wall places to eat are th best. 2) Traffic jams at 6: 30 AM are more annoying than anything. 3) Pandas are so, so cute!

NotaGeek
10-19-2009, 02:24 AM
Sounds like another great day ... will there be fireworks for you to enjoy? I hope Sunday wasn't the only night for you to enjoy them in the park! :mickey:

Have fun tomorrow! :tink:

Melanie
10-19-2009, 06:41 AM
I'm excited for you to start your Disney portion of the trip today. Sounds like great fun at the zoo! :thumbsup:

tinkwest
10-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks for so faithfully posting each day. It is really enjoyable to read about your travels & adventures.

pdrlkr
10-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon: