PDA

View Full Version : Favorite MK Non-Character Dining?

DisneyFan1979
10-18-2009, 08:07 PM
We have lunch reservations at the Liberty Tree Tavern for early January. Now that LTT is changing to character, family-style meals during the Crystal Palace's rehab, we'd like to choose somewhere else for our MK lunch as we're not interested in having the larger, family-style at lunchtime that the restaurant will now be offering.

What do people think of the Plaza Restaurant or Tony's Town Square? Thumb's up or down? We are not looking for a gourmet meal, just a chance to sit and relax at lunchtime and eat something that's a slight step-up from counter-service. Would appreciate hearing people's thoughts. Thanks in advance.

p.s. I am curious, I wonder if Disney will be contacting people with ADR's at LTT to inform them of the change? I would expect they'd warn people of the likely price difference.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-18-2009, 08:40 PM
I know you'll get mixed reviews on Tony's, but we had a super meal there on our last trip.

It wasn't fancy, just regular italian food, but it was yummy, the service was great and it was a perfect break from the parks. :eat:

We'd go back to Tony's for sure :thumbsup:

renecat
10-19-2009, 12:15 PM
As long as your okay with just so, so food and service can be slow at times Tony's is your best bet. Not that many table service resturants in MK. If you have park hoppers you could do dinner at epcot and then come back to MK. What ever you decided I hope you have a great time.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
10-19-2009, 01:27 PM
We have eaten at both Tony's and the Plaza. We like them both. We prefer the Plaza restaurant though. It has a nice atmosphere, light food and to die for malts/shakes and desserts! It has alot of windows so, it is nice and bright and cheerful to us. Honestly, we make this a must for each trip.

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

DisneyFan1979
10-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Thank you for your responses! Very appreciated:mickey: