PDA

View Full Version : Fall Colors

Altair
10-18-2009, 05:53 PM
How is the Fall foliage show in your area this year? It's been slow here early, but now things are starting to pop. Our primary forest type is Oak/HIckory so we don't normally get the spectacular shows like Maple forests put on, but it will do. Click the link for some shots I took recently.
Fall color show (http://community.webshots.com/album/575155762KbEtFy)

Share some if you've got 'em.:mickey:

Madame Leona
10-18-2009, 06:58 PM
We're still surprisingly green here. We've had a small color change but nothing note worthy. I kind of wish the leaves would hurry and fall though. I told my mom we would help her with the leaves this year.

teambricker04
10-18-2009, 10:51 PM
It is just really starting here in Chicago. It has been so yucky out that we haven't even been out much to enjoy it. Last weekend my family was up in Minnesota visiting my parents where it snowed... the leaves were still fairly green and then it got coooooollllllddddd. My parents have a treen in their front yard that dropped over night without even turning!

Tink2002
10-18-2009, 11:21 PM
It's pretty much gone by here. Now everything is just starting to get that horrible brown dead look.

Annnnnd... it's freezing and it's actually snowed a couple of times during the last week, although it didn't last. But still...... why do I live in the tundra that is Maine, again!? haha

MNNHFLTX
10-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Very pretty pictures. I especially like the one with the fall colors and the waterfall. :)

Of course we don't get the autumn colors in southeast Texas the way the northern states do, but the maples and some oaks do change color--just in time for Christmas! :crazy:

nicster
10-19-2009, 11:53 AM
About 1/4 of the trees have turned color here. We had 3+ inches of rain in a day last Tuesday & the winds were gusting to 40&50mph @ times. So, we lost a lot of limbs, trees, & leaves. The temps dropped to 60's! It is raining again today, not as hard, but the rest of the week it is supposed to be 70's & sunny... We live in the California valley:mickey: