PDA

View Full Version : Captains Grill or the Wave

rubato
10-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Which is better? Or is neither one worth trying? I'm making my ADRs on Wednesday and I'm trying to finalize my choices. I love the Contemporary, but haven't really heard anything about this restaurant. Thanks.

BowTie7
10-18-2009, 06:48 PM
I had a very good meal at the Captains Grill on a recent trip. Not crowded at all even during free dining. It seems a bit more traditional while the Wave seems a bit more "trendy" (as much as you'll get trendy at Disneyworld). You may wish to consider where you want to be that evening, closer to the Magic Kingdom or Epcot

Tink1
10-18-2009, 08:08 PM
We had the same dilemna! We chose the Wave. Wished we had chosen Captains Grill though. Was not crazy about the Wave at all.

Nanc

lighteningqueen
10-19-2009, 02:03 AM
Captains Grille had a wonderful breakfast buffet and was so quiet and relaxed for breakfast. Can't help you with Dinner but I am betting the food is good. Wave... to off beat for us and pricey for what you get.

BugeyedMuggy
10-19-2009, 09:48 AM
We ate at the Wave last month & it is now one of our favorites. I had the pot pie & DH had the pork tenderloin. Very good. We have also had apps at the bar & they were also very good. The wine selection is quite extensive. My DS went to captians grill & was not impressed.

Tinkermom
10-20-2009, 10:50 AM
DH and I ate at The Wave last week and enjoyed it very much. The service was attentive although our waiter was not overly friendly. We DID receive FREE dessert for each of us since we were celebrating our 20th anniversary! :cloud9:

I loved the butter that was served with the whole grain bread. They sprinkle smoked sea salt on top of the butter - it was so good! :)

We got the shared appetizer - seared tuna and chicken filled summer rolls and it was so fresh and yummy!

For dinner DH got the lamb shank which he said was awesome and fall off the bone tender. I got the linguini with little neck clams and shrimp in a chunky tomato broth. Again, it was wonderful! The tomato broth was so fresh tasting as well.

Desserts are kinda cool. You get 3 small ramikins filled with your choice of dessert. There are 5 different choices including a sugar-free option. I got the "Decadent Flavors" which was blueberry compote with yogurt gelato, lemon cornbread with vanilla panna cotta and chocolate mousse with salted caramel (YUM!). I really liked getting a taste of 3 different things.

Overall, we really enjoyed our meal at The Wave and would definitely visit again!