PDA

View Full Version : Double ADRs

rubato
10-18-2009, 12:12 PM
Do people make extra ADRs so they have options, then cancel them when they get down there? Isn't that kind of cheating those of us trying to make our ADRs? How do you even do this? Since you have to give a reservation # when booking, doesn't it kick it out when you have 2 reservations for dinner on a Monday at the same time? Just kind of curious, since I've heard this mentioned before. Thanks.

medic9016
10-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Yes it has been done before. I'm not sure you can do it anymore with the changes Disney has made. It does keep someone else from getting the ADRs they want.

Mrs Bus Driver
10-18-2009, 01:16 PM
My trip is in Dec and when making my reservations I had to change them several times. A few times there were 2 around the same times but I always canceled the extra one. Can you do it, yes. Should you do it no, it makes it harder for others to get a reservation and it is already hard enough. Just my :twocents:

Seasonscraps
10-18-2009, 02:39 PM
Do people make extra ADRs so they have options, then cancel them when they get down there? Isn't that kind of cheating those of us trying to make our ADRs? How do you even do this? Since you have to give a reservation # when booking, doesn't it kick it out when you have 2 reservations for dinner on a Monday at the same time? Just kind of curious, since I've heard this mentioned before. Thanks.

I am sure a lot of people make 2 ADRs to cover their options. I hope most people cancel them as soon as they make up their mind. Knowing how difficult it is to get ADRs, I think it's something that should be avoided.

It's very easy to make multiple ADRs. Once you are inside the 90 day mark, you do not need to provide a confirmation number just a telephone number. I don't make duplicate ADRs but have enough phone numbers to make 7 sets of reservations.

wire0monkey
10-18-2009, 05:05 PM
I've made double ADRs by mistake. I did one group of ADRs and then called back to make the rest of my ADRs. When I cross-checked my lists, I found that I had doubled up for one day and missed another. There was nothing stopping me from doubling up.

I called and fixed it, BTW.

I also call to release any ADR that I'm not using, while I'm at WDW.

disneykid@hrt
10-18-2009, 07:44 PM
I think people double-book all the time and it makes me :thedolls:!

You don't even need a resort confirmation number to make them.

Weird thing happened to me today, though. I was trying to make ADR's for Mickey's Backyard BBQ and when I called she told me they were all booked- when I tried on the internet I had no problem?!? IDK what that is all about- I'm just happy I checked when I got home and got it!

I always cancel the ADR I'm replacing at the same time I'm making the new one. It's just courteous IMO. :thumbsup:

wdwnomad
10-18-2009, 10:44 PM
I think multiple bookings is a very big problem now. It was easy to do it before the online system. With that out now it is even easier.

The longest anyone should even have multiple ADR's would the time it takes to book the new one and the time it takes to cancel the old one. People plan their schedules around ADR's and when someone has multipe reservations they are directly affecting someone else's vacation.

I have been trying to move around some of my ADR's in December for about a month and a half and can not do it. I have no doubt that people with multiple ADR's are part of the problem.

Also, I was suprised when I was down there in August and September at how many open tables there were in the restaraunts during the dinner rush. LeCellier had open tables. Kona was practically empty the night we dined there. It made me wonder if people really do cancel "when they know their plans."

MNNHFLTX
10-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Weird thing happened to me today, though. I was trying to make ADR's for Mickey's Backyard BBQ and when I called she told me they were all booked- when I tried on the internet I had no problem?!? IDK what that is all about- I'm just happy I checked when I got home and got it!That is something I've noticed about the online ADR's too, that sometimes there are times available there that are not available if you call the Dining number.

I'm sure some people do double-book their ADR's, but IMO they really shouldn't. And I'm sure there's a fair amount of people that don't cancel them but are basically no-shows.

Goofy4TheWorld
10-19-2009, 12:02 PM
My 180 day mark for my first trip that I actually plan on making a few ADRs is coming up soon, and after reading all of the stories on here about ADR mistakes being made along the way, I would be very reluctant to cancel an ADR at the same time that I was making a new one to replace it. I have developed the fear that what I (or Disney Dining) thought I was doing was not in fact what was done, so I would want to wait a few days before I gave it my final confirmation that things were done right. After that, I would cancel the duplicate ADR, but I think they are just too precious to cancel without having absolute confirmation that things are right, which, from what I have read, is hard to get from Disney Dining.

It may not be the nicest way to operate, but my vacation is important too! :thedolls: It's not that I intentionally set out to double-book, but I can imagine several legitimate reasons to do so, and then cancel a few days later.

Princess'Mom
10-19-2009, 12:20 PM
While waiting for our only ADR - at CP - I overheard a woman discussing her reservations. She had multiple ADRs all over WDW as a "just in case". It made me :thedolls: because as you have all mentioned, it is impossible to get a reservation. Perhaps WDW should require a CC when making all ADRs and charge a 'no show' fee? Maybe that would deter a few folks from those just in case ADR planners.
Not being able to dine at WDW drove us off site to spend $$$ elsewhere. I'm sure WDW would have rathered us stay on-site - but there is only so much CS you can handle during a vacation.

prprincess
10-19-2009, 02:55 PM
I have developed the fear that what I (or Disney Dining) thought I was doing was not in fact what was done, so I would want to wait a few days before I gave it my final confirmation that things were done right. After that, I would cancel the duplicate ADR, but I think they are just too precious to cancel without having absolute confirmation that things are right, which, from what I have read, is hard to get from Disney Dining.I operate EXACTLY the same way as you do. This time around I ONLY double booked because I wasn't sure what night Fantasmic was going to be, but once the schedule was released, I went back in and cancelled the extra ADR was I knew our shedule was solidified. I'd feel bad if I didn't--it's just a courtesy that I would hope everyone does.

diz_girl
10-19-2009, 03:22 PM
The only time that I booked two ADRs at the same time was when our party of 10 split up and ate at different restaurants.

For most other reasons like 'just in case' or 'not sure about park/show/whatever hours' is just selfish. They are taking away the table from someone else who probably fully intends to keep their reservation. They might call back later, but it's still not right.

If WDW sees too many empty tables for ADRs, that's a lot of lost revenue and I could see them instituting a no show cancellation fee, similar to their signature dining restaurants. This should be the case for no-shows, not people who are late. If you don't show up or call to cancel by the end of the seating (breakfast, lunch or dinner), then your CC gets charged. Either a per person charge of maybe $10 or a per reservation charge of $25-$50 may be sufficient to deter people from making multiple reservations. I'd be all for it.