PDA

View Full Version : Help with Segway Tour

First TIme with DS
10-18-2009, 11:53 AM
I am looking to book a Segway Tour for my DH for our upcoming trip May 1-8. I cannot go as I will be entertaining our then 2 1/2 yr old. What time should I make it for? I don't want him to have difficulty getting there bc it is before the park opens. We are staying at the Contemporary. Anyone have any suggestions? Also has anyone done the "new" Segway Tour? This is an anniversary gift for him. Thanks in advance!!!

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
10-18-2009, 04:25 PM
If you're staying at the contemporary, you may want to consider the tour at the Wilderness Lodge. Unless they don't do them anymore, this may be an option. These tours even go off-road, and it's an easy boat ride from the contemporary.

That is, unless you just want him to have that riding around EPCOT feel.

faline
10-18-2009, 04:43 PM
If you're staying at the contemporary, you may want to consider the tour at the Wilderness Lodge.

Actually, the Segway tour are at Fort Wilderness - not Wilderness Lodge.

We stayed at Wilderness Lodge in August and did the Segway tour there. We made reservations for 8:30 a.m. and had no difficulty using Disney transportation to get there. As a matter of fact, we ended up being put into an earlier tour than our scheduled one as a party of six had not shown up for the earlier tour. (That party was later put into our originally scheduled tour)!

I haven't done the Fort Wilderness tour but greatly enjoyed the Epcot one!

First TIme with DS
10-18-2009, 05:44 PM
Thank you. I know they have a 7:45 and 8:30 and I am hoping if I schedule the 8:30 then he could just hop on the monorail at the hotel and take it to Epcot. Does that sound like it would work?

First TIme with DS
10-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Thank you. I know they have a 7:45 and 8:30 and I am hoping if I schedule the 8:30 then he could just hop on the monorail at the hotel and take it to Epcot. Does that sound like it would work?

faline
10-18-2009, 06:40 PM
I think that should work just fine.