PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan With 4nights/3Free Stay

tnpoohbear
10-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Due to illness, we had to reschedule our October trip to March and got the 4 Nights/3 Free stay. I was thinking about adding the dining plan to this. We have never used the Dining Plan before. Is it really going to save me money or would I be better off just to pay for our meals? I really need to go with what saves the most money.

Thanks for any help!!:mickey:

Itchy
10-18-2009, 12:12 PM
As for me I have used the dining plan ever since it found it. That was for a many as 8 and as little as 2. For me it was a savings but I would guess it would depend on how much you spend on meals and where you eat.

There in a dining plan estimater http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningplan/estimator.asp

that can help you decide.

It is nice to know that you meals are pretty well paid for and with no real suprises.

Under the dining plan we were able to eat at restaurants that we would have never been able to afford other wise.

Hope this helps.:mickey:

Strmchsr
10-18-2009, 12:48 PM
I agree that the DDP estimator is a good tool, but here's basic rule of thumb - if you plan on eating at a TS restaurant every single day and you get entree, drink and dessert with each meal then, yeah, the DDP probably will save you money. If you eat like my family and only do a couple of TS during the week and usually drink water with no dessert then it's not a good value at all. Based on our eating habits we save a good bit not using the DDP.

tnpoohbear
10-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks guys, we normally would NOT have a TS every day, maybe just three times during our stay. So I am not sure if it would saves any money. But since we are going to be staying 7 days maybe it would be worthwhile to check out.

I wonder if they would add free dining to this special too??? Well I can dream that they would anyway.

Lots to consider.

thanks!:mickey:

Strmchsr
10-18-2009, 03:33 PM
I wonder if they would add free dining to this special too??? Well I can dream that they would anyway.

Nope. You can only take advantage of one special at a time. It's basically the exact same special anyway. Just packaged differently.

Given that you normally only eat 3 or so TS meals over a 7 day period the DDP definitely would not save you money.

Belster
10-18-2009, 06:21 PM
We are always on a budget when we go to WDW. For years we did not use the dining plan and I always dreaded going to eat and having to say...in private I might add "I only have x amount of money for today so you need to order something cheap off of the menu and no dessert.

Since using the DDP a few trips ago I am so happy we did. I do not care what anyone says...I could not feed my family of 5 in one sitting for the amount I am charged per day. I feel the plan is worth it. For us it is:

1. Great having it paid for in advance.
2. Even better letting everyone pick what they want to eat without a discussion and even get a sweet treat.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!!

6 days until I am back at WDW!!!

bruin1344
10-19-2009, 01:03 PM
I agree that the DDP estimator is a good tool, but here's basic rule of thumb - if you plan on eating at a TS restaurant every single day and you get entree, drink and dessert with each meal then, yeah, the DDP probably will save you money. If you eat like my family and only do a couple of TS during the week and usually drink water with no dessert then it's not a good value at all. Based on our eating habits we save a good bit not using the DDP.

I agree about the couple of TS during the week. I highly recommend the plan if you have some money. There are so many great restaurants at WDW.

BigThunderFan
10-19-2009, 02:48 PM
We did the DDP the last time we went in 2008, and will do it everytime going forward. We are a family that normally wouldn't eat out much, especially when it is so expensive. However, with the dining plan we can eat almost anywhere in the park for a much lower price, plus you can pay for it all in advance which makes it that much better. (Also we use the Disney Visa so when we book everything it gives us that many more Disney Dollars to spend at the park!)
The many choices and experiences are amazing at WDW and I highly recommend using the DDP. Without it you will be that person getting the cheap counter service each time and telling the kids to be careful what they order (normally us too). Good luck in your decision, no matter what you eat you will have a wonderful time anyway.

Gregandmel
10-21-2009, 03:16 PM
We went in October 2008 (family of 4) and we chose NOT to do the DDP. I'm a huge budgeter and really thought I could do much better cost-wise. We only did a couple of TS meals (O'Hana's, Crystal Palace and Sci-Fi) and I ended up spending about the same amount as I would have if we had purchased the DDP (and we didn't even eat that great the rest of the time!) This trip - we may plan on using the DDP and eating at some places we otherwise would not be able to.. We may take advantage of it this time!

HoosierDisneyFan
10-21-2009, 07:27 PM
The Dining Plan has been great for us. Prior to DDP we would not have eaten at the TS resturants. The first year I pruchased the DDP we experienced a whole new side of Disney. We would not have spend the out of pocket money (or taken the time to make reservations). Also the pre-paid feature is also great. As stated before, I no longer worry about the cost of the dinner when ordering (it is already paid for!).

tired 'ol trooper
10-29-2009, 01:48 PM
re: question about TS meals.

If you want to do a character meal or other special sit down, you can use two TS meals for one special.

Like Hoop de do at the campground.
It's to bad they did away with the original "Food and Fun card" from the 'early days' of the DVC. All you could eat, three meals a day. And... tip was included. Then you could rent a deck boat for the rest of the day and sail the seven seas!

Food was alot better then. Now it seems everything tastes the same! Any one else feel the same way? :(