PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it's actually happening Day 2 LIVE

Dopey's Girl
10-17-2009, 09:34 PM
I think today may have to be one of my favorite vacation days of all time! It was so much fun.

We woke up and had breakfast here at the hotel (at the coffee shop) and then headed out to Santa Monica. We parked and headed straight for the water. HOLY COW IT'S COLD!!! But the waves were so cool...I can't be the only one who loves that sound. We watched people surf and play in the water for a while, then hit the pier. We sat at the end of the pier, listened to steel drum music, watched a seal play, and just enjoyed the people. Then we had lunch at Merisols...yummy!

We said goodbye to the pier and headed north on PCH to Malibu. We found a vineyard (Malibu Wines) and did a tasting. I don't have the room in my bag to get one home (plus I don't want broken wine bottles in my luggage) so I will have to get some shipped home. They were all so good...it was lots of fun!

We left and headed back towards LA, stopping for some fresh berries on the way, traffic was yucky, and we were bored sitting in the car, so we got off the 101 and headed towards the Hollywood sign. We snapped some pics and headed back towards the 101. On our way we spotted a place called House of Pie. I don't know about you, but we couldn't pass that up, so in for pie we went. SO GOOD!!! We put the address in the GPS...might have to go back there!

It was just one of those fun, fly by the seat of your pants kinds of vacation days! Those are just my favorite!

Now we are back in the room resting, trying to figure out what we want to do tonight. Tomorrow is the San Diego Zoo, and I can't wait!!

My Cali observations of the day. 1) Traffic here is nuts. 2) Some of the people who drive motorcycles here are even more nuts. 3) Pie is good!

Thanks for reading...more tomorrow!

tinkwest
10-17-2009, 11:36 PM
3) Pie is good!

Gotta agree with you there!!

You've got about 30 miles of commuter lanes on Interstate 5 to help you out tomorrow on your way to and from San Diego.

Dopey's Girl
10-17-2009, 11:59 PM
Gotta agree with you there!!

You've got about 30 miles of commuter lanes on Interstate 5 to help you out tomorrow on your way to and from San Diego.

That is great news!!! Thanks!!!

NotaGeek
10-18-2009, 02:18 AM
Sounds like a great day 2! :mickey:

Magic Smiles
10-18-2009, 04:32 AM
We woke up and had breakfast here at the hotel (at the coffee shop) and then headed out to Santa Monica. We parked and headed straight for the water. HOLY COW IT'S COLD!!! But the waves were so cool...I can't be the only one who loves that sound. We watched people surf and play in the water for a while, then hit the pier. We sat at the end of the pier, listened to steel drum music, watched a seal play, and just enjoyed the people. Then we had lunch at Merisols...yummy!

We snapped some pics and headed back towards the 101. On our way we spotted a place called House of Pie. I don't know about you, but we couldn't pass that up, so in for pie we went. SO GOOD!!! We put the address in the GPS...might have to go back there!

It was just one of those fun, fly by the seat of your pants kinds of vacation days! Those are just my favorite!

The Pacific Ocean is SO COLD! I was also shocked at how cold it was and we were there on 10 Aug 09. We also ate at Merisols and had a table outside overlooking the end of the pier. That day there was a hippie like man playing guitar and singing. He was amazing and after our lunch we wandered down and gave him a good tip and thanked him. It must have been so great to watch a seal play in the ocean. That is something I could do all day. I would have loved to have seen the pier lite up at night, but we didn't get a chance for that, as later that night we were back in LA watching Brad Pitt and Angeline Jolie arrive at the Red Carpet Premier of Inglorious Ba**erds http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac250/Newbie1534/P1020270web.jpg

We have done a few wine tastings in the Niagara Area and would have loved to have visited some vineyards in California, but I guess that can be yet another reason for a return visit. House of Pie also sounds like a great reason. If I ever do get back will have to check out that place, as DH and I have been known to enjoy a little dessert:mickey:

Enjoy your trip today to the San Diego Zoo. Never been there but have heard that it is great. I agree about the traffic in California....it is nuts

Melanie
10-18-2009, 05:04 AM
"Pie is good". Love it!

pdrlkr
10-25-2009, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon: