PDA

View Full Version : Great Movie Ride

ginny57
10-17-2009, 08:39 PM
The bank scene used to have fire.....when did that stop and why? Anyone know?

faline
10-17-2009, 09:07 PM
So far as I know, it still does. Maybe you were there on a day when there were some technical difficulties?

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-17-2009, 09:11 PM
I just asked my DH, and he's sure that we had the fire during our trip in May, so I agree with Faline, perhaps you were there on a day when something needed some pixie dust.

starryeyes21
10-17-2009, 09:39 PM
My husband and I were there in September and there was fire in the bank scene. Maybe it wasn't working the day you were there.

joanna71985
10-17-2009, 09:59 PM
I am almost positive that the bank only goes on fire during the bandit show (there is no fire during the gangster show).

Patricia
10-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Yes, that is correct. There are two show scenes and during busy times the front car gets the western bank show and the second car gets the gangster show.

The western scene has the fire, but is only used during busier days. If it's a slow day you will only be treated to the gangster "show".. driving right through the western scene and missing the fire.

Hope this info helps some confusion.:confused:

ginny57
10-18-2009, 12:46 PM
I haven't seen it in years...I guess that's what I get for trying to go during SLOW times!

Thanks everyone!!

ransam
10-18-2009, 04:10 PM
it seems everytime i go on this ride, i notice something has changed...

BigThunderFan
10-19-2009, 01:57 PM
So you're saying when we go in January there will be no fire?

This is our first attempt at going during a "slow" month so it is all new to me.

Captain_Nemo
10-19-2009, 07:39 PM
I was thinking this last two times I was there. Last Jan and May there was no fire either times.

SubNET3
10-19-2009, 07:48 PM
yea I have not seen it in a while

joanna71985
10-20-2009, 11:54 AM

This is our first attempt at going during a "slow" month so it is all new to me.

It all depends on if they will run both shows. But most likely they will only be running the Gangster show then.

yea I have not seen it in a while

They still run the Bandit show (I saw it a few weeks ago). However, it isn't run all the time (which is unfortunate, because I love the Bandit show).

Mickey91
10-22-2009, 08:40 AM
Haven't seen the bandit show in years!

WishingStar2006
10-22-2009, 08:47 AM
If it's a semi busy time of year they run both shows, otherwise it's just the gangster show. When you get to the CM where the doors open to let you into the ride, you can request being seated in the car that will be seeing the bank robbery. If they are using it, the CM will be more than happy to make it happen! Good luck!

ILoveLegos
10-22-2009, 08:53 AM

If you want to see the fire in January, just make a request of the cast member assigning you to "cars". You may have to stand aside for a car or two to load and pass by, but they have always accomodated my request (when the second show is running). Try visiting in the early afternoon or when the wait time is above the 5 min mark (yes, in January it is common to see 5 min wait times on some atractions - that means just walk right on - did I mention how I love going in January :mickey:).

In fact the first time I did this was so that I could prove to my mom that there were indeed two "different elements" to the show. Between car loadings, the cast members treated us to revealing the hidden Mickeys in the mural with flash-lights! :thumbsup:

IamBelle
10-24-2009, 05:04 PM
In August we went on GMR at least 4 times, and saw the Western scene for the first time. was surprised that they did it because I remember reading on here that they only did the bank robbery scene during the busy months and Aug. is considered the value season! I loved the western scene, the fire seemed really close to the car too! I hope I will see it again next trip!!

Joannelet
10-24-2009, 10:43 PM
I am sooo thankful that you are all explaining about the two different shows that this ride has. I recently had read somewhere that you can sometimes request it to the CM at the ride entrance before loading...and I had never heard of this before.
I do remember in the past seeing two different type of interaction on this ride. But never realized that you could ask for a specific one till I read this book that had all this info.
But you guys also explained that they only do both scenes during busy times. That makes a lot of sense!
Thanks for the explanation because I was just going to ask about this!! :)

ltjrrich
10-25-2009, 09:53 PM
It's funny to me that there were so many posts about seeing the western scene so rarely for some people. 99% of the times I've gone on this ride I've seen the western bank robbery. LOL, for several years I even thought I had imagined that there was a gangster scene! I'll be there in January and now I'm looking forward to seeing the gangster scene, which has been a rarity in my experiences on the ride.