PDA

View Full Version : Tables in Wonderland Card Question

Minnie4me
10-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi All,

I am thinking about getting the Tables in Wonderland card, I had a DDE card in the past. I read that 18% gratuity is added to your check automatically.

Does that go for counter service locations as well??

I know this is an odd question, but I wanted to ask to make sure.

Thanks!

Bellewannabe
10-17-2009, 09:01 PM
Table in Wonderland works exactly like DDE, I am not sure that counter service even accepts it. I think it only works at places you'd be leaving a tip anyway. We always find it worth the investment - especially if you hit one of the nicer restaurants during your stay.

faline
10-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Generally, Tables in Wonderland is not accepted at counter service locations.

Friend of Figment
10-17-2009, 09:24 PM
At resort counter service places, value food courts, Artist's Palette etc., no tip is added but the discount is applied.

Melanie
10-17-2009, 09:29 PM
The only park I can recall that counter service is included is Animal Kingdom - i.e. Pizzafari, Tusker House, Flame Tree and Restarantosaurus. We ate at Pizzafari and no gratuity was included.

seanyred
10-17-2009, 10:24 PM
When you get the card do they give you a detailed list of where it can be used?

Dsnygirl
10-17-2009, 10:46 PM
I don't know, b/c I haven't gotten mine yet, but I did get a detailed list on another WDW website... and we do have the info here, it's just under the old name, the Disney Dining Experience.

I just tried doing the link to the info here, but I can't for some reason... but go under Info Central, under Dining -- about 2/3 of the way down is the Disney Dining Experience link.

Most of the restaurants listed there are the same... good luck!!

Melanie
10-18-2009, 05:15 AM

Yes, they give you a print-out.

seanyred
10-19-2009, 07:17 AM
I just read that it takes 6-8 weeks for the card to be processed. I've purchased my annual pass voucher but it is not activated yet. I was under the impression that I could purchase the card when I arrive at my resort when I activate my annual pass.

Am I right in assuming that or do I have to be worried since my vacation is only 4 weeks away.?

Melanie
10-19-2009, 07:28 AM
I purchased mine at Animal Kingdom Guest Relations. Bought my AP at the ticket window, then Tables in Wonderland at the Guest Relations window. Took about 10 minutes total.

I'm not sure about availability at the resorts. Hopefully someone will come along soon with that info.

SallyP
10-19-2009, 07:31 AM
Hi All,

I am thinking about getting the Tables in Wonderland card, I had a DDE card in the past. I read that 18% gratuity is added to your check automatically.

Does that go for counter service locations as well??

I know this is an odd question, but I wanted to ask to make sure.

Thanks!

Here's the most current list of restaurants participating in Tables in Wonderland from the Disney site:

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort – World Premiere Food Court
Disney's All-Star Music Resort – Intermission Food Court
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort – End Zone Food Court
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge – Boma - The Flavors of Africa, Jiko - The Cooking Place, Victoria Falls, Sanaa
Disney's Beach Club Resort – Beaches & Cream Soda Shop (excludes take-out shop), Cape May Cafe, Martha's Vineyard Lounge
Disney's BoardWalk – ESPN® Club, Flying Fish Cafe, Spoodles, Bellevue Lounge
Disney's Eagle Pines and Osprey Ridge Golf Club – Sand Trap Bar & Grill
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort – Shutters at Old Port Royale
Disney's Contemporary Resort – California Grill, Chef Mickey's, The Wave, Outer Rim Lounge
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort – Maya Grill
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground – Crockett's Tavern, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (9:30 p.m. show only), Trail's End Restaurant
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – 1900 Park Fare, Citricos, Garden View Lounge, Grand Floridian Cafe, Mizner's Lounge, Narcoossee's, Victoria & Albert's (excludes Chef's Table)
Disney's Old Key West Resort – Olivia's Cafe
Disney's Polynesian Resort – Kona Cafe, 'Ohana, Tambu Lounge, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (Late show only)
Disney's Pop Century Resort – Classic Concoctions, Everything Pop Shopping and Dining
Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter - Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory, Scat Cat's Club
Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside - Boatwright's Dining Hall, River Roost
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort – The Artist Palette; The Turf Club Bar & Grill
Disney's Vero Beach Resort – The Green Cabin Room, Shutter's and Sonya's (except Sunday Brunch)
Disney's Wilderness Lodge – Artist Point, Territory Lounge, Whispering Canyon Cafe
Disney's Yacht Club Resort – Captain's Grille, Ale and Compass Lounge, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Crews Cup Lounge
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® – Marketplace - Cap'n Jack's Restaurant
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® – Pleasure Island - Raglan Road™ Irish Pub and Restaurant
DOWNTOWN DISNEY® – Planet Hollywood®
Epcot® – Tutto Italia Ristorante, Chefs de France, Nine Dragons Restaurant, San Angel Inn Restaurante, Bistro de Paris Restaurant, Le Cellier Steakhouse, Biergarten Restaurant, Restaurant Marrakesh, Restaurant Akershus, Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room, The Garden Grill, Coral Reef Restaurant
Disney's Hollywood Studios™ – Hollywood & Vine, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Tune-In Lounge, Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano, Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant, The Hollywood Brown Derby
Magic Kingdom® Park – The Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Royal Table, Liberty Tree Tavern, The Plaza Restaurant, Tony's Town Square Restaurant
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park – Tusker House Restaurant, Pizzafari, Flame Tree Barbeque, Restaurantosaurus

SallyP
10-19-2009, 07:37 AM
I just read that it takes 6-8 weeks for the card to be processed. I've purchased my annual pass voucher but it is not activated yet. I was under the impression that I could purchase the card when I arrive at my resort when I activate my annual pass.

Am I right in assuming that or do I have to be worried since my vacation is only 4 weeks away.?

It doesn't mention being able to purchase the TIW card at any Resort location. :( But there are several other convenient options available. :)
From the Disney site:

Please note that once information for an application is received, it takes two weeks for your card to be processed, mailed and delivered to your home address. For immediate purchase, you may now visit Guest Relations at the following locations: Epcot®, Magic Kingdom® Park, Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, Disney's Hollywood Studios™ or Downtown Disney® at the Walt Disney World® Resort.

KylesMom
10-19-2009, 03:11 PM

Disney closed the loophole that allowed you to order the TiW membership prior to holding an activated Annual Pass in hand.

You cannot activate an Annual Pass at your resort - it must be done at the Guest Services location at any of the parks, or at Downtown Disney. When you exchange your voucher for your pass, you can purchase the TiW card at the same time. So all is good, and you don't need to worry about it. :mickey:

In answer to the original question, yes, 18% is automatically added to your TS bill. However, when we ate at Pizzafari, they accepted our card but there was no gratuity tacked on to the bill.