PDA

View Full Version : Eat At The Bar

Scar
10-17-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm trying to make a list of the places where you can eat at the bar. From personal experience and a thread search, I've come up with:

Jiko
Flying Fish
Big River Grille and Brewing Works (I think?)
Yak & Yeti
50's Prime Time
Cali Grill
ESPN Club

There must be a bunch more. Help me out.

I'm especially interested in Epcot and any of the Epcot area resorts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*UPDATED*

OK, so far we have:

DHS:
Tune in Lounge (50's Prime Time)

AK:
Rainforest Cafe
Yak & Yeti

Epcot Resorts:
Big River Grille & Brew Works
ESPN Club
Flying Fish
Crew's Cup (Yachtsman's)
Il Mulino
Kimono's
Todd English's Bluezoo
Shula's

Downtown:
Planet Hollywood
Fulton's
Wolfgang Puck's
T-Rex
Rainforest Cafe
Cap'n Jacks
Raglan Road
Portobello

Misc Resorts:
California Grill
Jiko
Narcoossee's
Territory Lounge (Artist's Point)
The Wave

I left off Rose & Crown and the Tequila bar in Mexico because there are no stools and way too crowded to enjoy a meal. Appetizers maybe.

Anyone else?

BrerGnat
10-17-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm pretty sure that when the bar is INSIDE the restaurant, you can always eat there.

In addition, all the "unattached" bars have a bar menu, with stuff like appetizers on the menu.

Hammer
10-17-2009, 05:10 PM
I'm trying to make a list of the places where you can eat at the bar. From personal experience and a thread search, I've come up with:

Jiko
Flying Fish
Yak & Yeti
50's Prime Time
Cali Grill
ESPN Club

There must be a bunch more. Help me out.

I'm especially interested in Epcot and any of the Epcot area resorts.

You can pretty much get the full menu for the Signature restaurants at their bars. I know the bar in Narcoossee's, Territory Lounge in WL, and Crew's Cup Lounge at YC all will allow you to order from the respective Signature restaurant.

Scar
10-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Hey Christine,

When you say "Signature" restaurant, do you mean restaurants for two TS DDP credits. That's the only time I've ever heard that term used. And, do all signature restaurants have a bar that you can eat at?

queenmom9497
10-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Planet Hollywood in DD

Hammer
10-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Hey Christine,

When you say "Signature" restaurant, do you mean restaurants for two TS DDP credits. That's the only time I've ever heard that term used. And, do all signature restaurants have a bar that you can eat at?

Yes, I do mean the 2 TS DDP credit restaurants when I say signature. I do think all of the signature restaurants have a bar associated with them, though the one at Citricos is very small and you may not be able to get the full menu there. I have not tried Mitzners at the GF so it may serve the full menu for one of the Grand's restaurants. The ones I listed definitely have served the full restaurant menus in my past experience, though everything is always subject to change.

SBETigg
10-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Mizner's does not do a full food service. You might be able to get apps there, but as far as I've seen, you can only get the snack mix they serve at the bar.

You can eat at the bar at Rose & Crown. Mexico has the new tequila bar that does some food service. I'm not sure what the situation is at Tokyo Dining now that it's no longer the Matsu No Ma Lounge but you used to be able to eat at the bar there.

PetefromRI
10-18-2009, 08:15 PM
We love Fultons in DTD and Wolfgang Pucks in the bar for sushi.

Maxwell
10-18-2009, 09:34 PM
This is a great thread! thanks!

SallyP
10-19-2009, 07:45 AM
As Hammer mentioned usually Territory Lounge and Crews Cup lounge will allow you to order off the Artist Point and Yachtsmen Steakhouse menus, respectively. The waiter/waitress usually starts with the caveat of 'if the kitchen isn't terribly busy' but we've never had a problem.
We've also ordered off the menu at the Wave in the Contemporary.
One of our favorite lounge areas to order restaurant food/wine is Il Mulino at the Swan.

Disney_Barbie
10-23-2009, 01:15 PM

I can confirm that you can infact eat at the bar. We just did it this past Aug

Princess'Mom
10-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Great thread! I never thought about eating at the bar before. The WL bar never seems too terribly busy. I guess we never entertained the thought of eating there because we always have our DD7 with us. I'm not keen on her sitting at a bar, but considering it isn't too "bar like" it might not be too bad.

WVParkfan
10-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Rainforest Cafe.'

Tune-in Lounge at the 50's Prime Time cafe.

Two of our favorites.

disneykid@hrt
10-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Yeah- the RC has really cool bar stools that are the rear-end and hind legs of all types of different animals- zebras, parrots, etc- cool stuff.

I got a great picture of DH looking like a real horse's ...:secret:

Red Randal
10-30-2009, 06:13 AM
I don't know this for sure, but I'd imagine you can order food at the bar at Coronado Springs, just because I'd imagine the convention crowds would expect it. Probably just some appetizers though.

Joannelet
10-30-2009, 08:23 AM
You can also eat at the bar at T-Rex restaurant. My hubby and I did that in July.

Tinksalot
10-30-2009, 10:00 AM
We have eaten at the bar at Cap'n Jack's in Downtown Disney.

Scar
11-02-2009, 11:32 AM
OK, we can add Kimono's in the Swan and Todd English's Bluezoo and Shula's in the Dolphin. The Japanese food was excelent at Kimono's and although I didn't eat at the other two, I have to assume you can eat at the bars there (now confirmed,) very nice lounge's.

And you can eat at the tequila bar in Mexico, but it appeared to be limited menu and like the R&C no stools and very crowded. So I'm giving that one a "no".

I had lunch at Big River Brewpub, and was not impressed with the bland cheesburger and bun that was not fit for a backyard BBQ. The cheese soup was very good though.

awaggett
08-05-2010, 12:51 PM
This is a great thread, thanks! I travel to Orlando for work pretty often and try to get down to Disney one night for dinner--usually Cali Grill, but I will try some of these others!

Scar
11-29-2011, 11:52 AM
Bumped on inspiration from another thread.

epceddie
12-08-2011, 02:27 PM
We love eating off the appetizer menu at the bar at House of Blues. The bartenders are great and we always havea great time.
Has anyone ever eaten at the bar at Le Cellier in the World Showcase at Epcot?

Scar
12-08-2011, 02:54 PM
I asked the CM at the Le Cellier check in podium and she said there is no bar inside.

KAT1811
01-16-2012, 12:26 PM
I don't know this for sure, but I'd imagine you can order food at the bar at Coronado Springs, just because I'd imagine the convention crowds would expect it. Probably just some appetizers though.

Rix Lounge has a small appetizer menu at the bar. We had sliders, bruschetts, spinach dip, and calamari. All were very good. Limited but very good.

KAT1811
01-16-2012, 12:29 PM
I think you can also eat at the bar at Portobello.

Auroring Good Time
01-20-2012, 01:21 PM
This is a great thread. I didn't know there were so many places you can eat at the bar. I've eaten at the bar at Wolfgang Puck's, Rainforest Cafe, and O'hana's (just appetizers).

SBETigg
01-23-2012, 03:28 PM
This is a great thread. I didn't know there were so many places you can eat at the bar. I've eaten at the bar at Wolfgang Puck's, Rainforest Cafe, and O'hana's (just appetizers).

The bar at 'Ohana is actually Tambu Lounge and it's a great area for drinks and snacks.

MouseHouser
02-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Eating at the bar can be a great improv, espec if it's just 2 of you and you're already well acquainted. I wouldn't recommend it for a 1st date.

One of my favorites, off Disney, was at Emeril's in New Orleans. There was no way to book a table that week, so we just showed up and were lucky eno to get 2 bars stools. I had no idea how good his food is, and we ended up chatting with him to boot.

I think socializing with the bartender and patrons, even during a meal, can be fun if you're in the right mood.

Crow
09-07-2013, 11:12 PM
keep this going

KAT1811
09-08-2013, 09:41 PM
I was surprised to see this pop up in my email. I forgot all about it.

I think you can also eat at the bar at Portobello.

I have indeed eaten at the bar at Portobello since last posting in this thread. Just as fabulous as the dining room and the bartenders were great helping us with wine suggestions and special requests to changes we made to a couple menu items. Portobello is one of our favorite destinations in Disney with and without the children.

Crow
09-09-2013, 06:59 AM
never ate at Portobello. I did eat at the bar at Raglan Rd before.