PDA

View Full Version : MK Opening Time and lenth

Twinkletoes77705
10-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Hello you guys!
My son want to see the opening...yet I want to go to character bfast too. So I was going to watch opening then head to bfast. Does it start at 9...if opening is at 9...or is it before and they let you in at 9? Also how long does it last. because I figure we could go in a take a short walk then head for a late breakfast at Contemp.

green ranger
10-16-2009, 09:57 PM
If the park is opening that day at 9, the opening ceremony will begin about 8:50. It lasts about 5 minutes. The characters and you actually count down to the opening of Magic Kingdom.

Twinkletoes77705
10-16-2009, 10:00 PM
SWEET!!! Wow...it seemed like it was a LONG time the last and first time I saw it. Funny my son forgot it...yet I...:cloud9: .... remember it soooo well. I get soooo excited when they roll in and wave at me...yes I just know they are looking and waving to me...like..." hey Jeannie...we are sooo glad your here...Be....Our....Guest..." Oh JOY!!!!!!!

Just-Keep-Swimming
10-17-2009, 10:01 AM
how does that work? do u get into the park a little early or do u stand behind the entrance gates to watch? is it usually crowded? :confused:

phillydan
10-17-2009, 11:48 AM
We did this for the first time in August. Arrive about 8:45 and then just hang out in front of the train station. Most people were gathered around the walkway entrances under the train station to the right and left, I guess waiting for the rope drop. We went to the middle area and literally had front-row viewing of the little ceremony. It was over in just a few minutes and by the time we made our way to the entrance walkways, the crowd was gone. It was a nice way to start the day.

Joannelet
10-18-2009, 08:17 AM
Everyone should at least see this once. :) Its really cute and well worth the trek to get there early. :)
and maybe just maybe you will be picked to be the opening family! :)

ransam
10-18-2009, 04:16 PM
we always have to either do this the first day, or on a day we have a breakfast...once we get into our vacation, it's just too difficult to get up at 730. to be t here by 9.,