PDA

View Full Version : January/Fantasmic Package Opinions Please

GreenBeetle
10-16-2009, 05:42 PM
So I finally got my Fantasmic Dinner Package reservation booked for January 3rd at H & V - but it's at 3:30pm. A bit early for dinner.

Here's my question to you: Leave the reservation as is, or eat somewhere better at a more reasonable time and take our chances that Fantasmic won't be packed because the Christmas crowds just cleared out?

That fact that Fantasmic shows are fewer and farther between now has me a little concerned. The next show is scheduled for January 7th - the day we leave. :(

Mysttree
10-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Personally we have decided not to use the Fantasmic package. In the past it just seemed not worth it to us...
That being said, if you're at all worried about it then I'd go ahead & keep the ADR. Better than taking a chance on missing it.
We are going in January. I don't expect too much in the way of crowds...but we are still making ADR's for our 'must haves'.

Pirate Granny
10-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Even with the package you still will have to be there 45 to 60 minutes before the show...they no longer hold the 'package' reserved seats...not worth the $$$ if you are going to get a good seat...
:pirate:

KylesMom
10-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Please take a look at the News, Rumours and Imagineering section - they have reinstated the Fantasmic Dinner Package entrance with a few changes. It's no longer at Oscar's, but there is a separate queue to get in.

With the news that they've re-opened a special queue 30-45 minutes before showtime for Fantasmic! Dinner Package holders, I'd keep it.

We've been participating in the package since 2001. With the exception of this year, when they closed the special entrace, we've always had good seats and enjoyed ourselves.

After the debacle trying to get into the main entrance in June, we would not repeat general admission (like we said in 2000 before the package's inception). However, we will once again be scheduling the Fantasmic package (our dinner at Mama Melrose was for 3:55 this past trip) to skip the chaos.

And on January 3rd, you are still going to see some major crowds . . .