PDA

View Full Version : Any BCV 2 Bedroom Reviews?

mjaclyn
10-16-2009, 11:21 AM
DH and I are debating whether or not to do a 2 Bedroom at BCV or BLT for the second half of our next trip. We'll be going for 2 weeks, doing the first week in a 1 Bedroom at BLT and then for the second week a 2 Bedroom either at BLT or BCV. For those of you who have stayed in a 2 Bedroom at BCV, how was it? Any reviews are most welcome!

diz_girl
10-16-2009, 01:58 PM
No reviews here, but just remember that if you are booking more than 7 months out, then you will probably have to book BLT for both weeks. Then when you hit the 7-month window you can try for the BCV and possibly be wait-listed for it. But I wouldn't wait until 7 months to book, since you might not get either BLT or BCV. If it is during September or January, then you might have better luck.

AirlineGuy07
10-16-2009, 03:23 PM
I was wondering that too. We are have a two bedroom lockoff in May. Which part of the villas would be the most quiet? How are the walls? Do you hear alot of room to room or room to hallway noise?

phlo8810
10-16-2009, 09:31 PM
We're staying there in may as well. Our first time using our dvc points. Does the bc let you request a view?

AuntLaura
10-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Haven't stayed in a 2BR at BLT (stayed in a BLT GV and it was fantastic). BC is my home resort. Have stayed in the 2 BR's often. The nice thing about BC is proximity to Epcot and DHS. I don't like noise and have found BC to be quiet. The last stay we were ground level at end of building, poolside and really had no trouble with noise. Not sure whether being right on pool would be different - that might be different, but the rooms are quite soundproof. Would ask for a non-pool side if they have it. If I've ever had noise issues, it was from people sitting out on decks at night. Usually, people go to bed to and it's not an issue. Actually, BLT was the noisiest place I've been. Not from neighbors, but we had a Bay Lake view and between the Pirate Fireworks cruise taking off from the Contemporary, the beach movie, the water pageant first at WL and then at Contemporary and Wishes - there was a lot of noise at night. Couldn't go to be early if I wanted to. Can't beat BLT though for being able to hop on the monorail. Whatever you pick will be great.

BrerGnat
10-25-2009, 10:08 PM
I'd like to know this as well, as these are the two properties we are considering as well.

As of NOW, there are 2BR villas available for April at BOTH. We are considering bringing either my MIL or one of my sisters to help out with the kids, and if we do that, we'll need a 2BR instead of a 1br.

One thing I have found in my research (take it for what it's worth to you), is that at BCV, the 2 bedroom LOCKOFF units are reserved for actual DVC members. As a cash paying guest, you can't get one. I'm not sure how I feel about the non-lockoff option, as we'd likely put the little boys in the second bedroom, and a MAJOR concern with me in that scenario would be both the ability to leave the room as well as "messing with" the kitchenette in the studio when they are supposed to be sleeping. My kids are that type...

tired 'ol trooper
10-29-2009, 12:34 PM
All depends on how many persons you're going to put up.

But.... OKW has the largest rooms! (more sq. ft.)

We'll be in a two bedroom at Animal Kingdom and Contempory towers in Feb. We'll know more then!:mickey:

WorldTraveler
11-05-2009, 10:17 AM
BCV is my home resort. Have stayed in all three room types. All trips have been great.
I my be wrong, but I believe the term LOCKOFF means that it is all one suite with only one door to the common hall. Non LOCKOFF rooms have two doors to hall. Either way, there is a door from the main unit to the extra bedroom. I believe the extra bedroom vs. ajoining studio the door for the extra bedroom only locks on the bedroom side. The ajoining studio would have the ability to lock the door from each side.