PDA

View Full Version : Snack suggestions that aren't sweet

rubato
10-16-2009, 09:31 AM
We are on the dining plan for the first time. Hubby is already disappointed that he has to get dessert with dinner instead of appetizer. He doesn't like sweets, at all! So, I'm thinking we'll box up his dessert and I get it the next day. Then, he can use his and my snack credits to get hearty, non sweet snacks. What's available? Everyone is always listing sweets, but what can we get using a snack credit that's not sweet? I already know about and will get the fried rice or spring rolls in AK. Any other suggestions?

BugeyedMuggy
10-16-2009, 09:41 AM
Fruit & veggies with dip are just a couple off the top of my head.

laprana
10-16-2009, 09:59 AM
The first couple things that come to my mind are popcorn and soft pretzels!:popcorn: I think you can also get an order of breadsticks at Pizzafari in AK and/or Pizza Planet in DHS as a snack. There's also those giant pickles at some of the kiosks in the parks, plus you could get side orders of french fries or other sides at some of the counter service places. And I think an order of corn dog nuggets at Casey's in MK counts as a snack, but I could be wrong on that one!

princessesmom
10-16-2009, 10:46 AM
You can get pieces of fresh fruit from the vendors. At some places (not all) you can get smoothies. At some of the CS places they will let you get a bag of chips in place of the dessert.

BrerGnat
10-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Eggrolls. There is a cart at MK (seasonal) that sells them, also China Paviliion at Epcot sells them, as well as Yak and Yeti counter service at DAK.

You can also get individual bags of Frito Lay chips.

Whole fruit.

Frozen banana...just a little sweet. ;)

Yogurt parfaits available at many places (some bakeries and at some fruit stands).

Pretty much every CS location has SOMETHING that counts as a DDP snack, and they are not all sweet.

He shouldn't have any trouble locating non-sweet snacks.

kakn7294
10-16-2009, 12:31 PM
When using your table-service credits, be sure to explain to any server that he doesn't like dessert and see what his options are. Some places may accomodate him with a substitution or have a dessert option that's not sweet. When using your counter-service credits, some places may substitute the bags of grapes or carrots that come with the kids meals. A couple of places have yogurt and that can be substituted as well. We've also forgone dessert and asked for extra bottles of water. When using your snack credits, the options are endless and you shouldn't have any trouble finding suitable snacks - any item under $4.00 that is marked with the purple and white DP symbol is usually a snack credit.