PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else receive "Personal Diary" during their stay?

KylesMom
10-16-2009, 09:20 AM
I've been meaning to mention this for awhile. When we checked into WL in June, we were greeted by a CM in the lobby who asked us if we were interested in completing a "Personal Diary" for the length of our stay for Disney. When they received it back, we were told we'd receive a Disney gift card via mail. Since I was going to document everything anyway, I said sure, I'd do it.

The spiral bound diary asked each day where we'd eaten & how much we spent at each sitting, where we shopped, what parks we visited, if we went offsite, etcetera. The diary was quite detailed and was much different than any other Disney survey I've ever taken.

When we returned home, I dropped it in the mail & a few weeks later I received the gift card.

I'm curious - has anyone else been offered or completed this diary?

tinksmom02
10-16-2009, 10:08 AM
I've never heard of that, but it sounds awesome and since I document all that stuff anyway, I'd love to do it!

barbiegirl314
10-16-2009, 11:05 AM
I've never heard of that, but I hope I get asked sometime. I document everything about our trips anyways.

P.S. I'm the mom of a Kyle too.:mickey:

coneygoil
10-28-2009, 05:51 PM
That sounds too good to be true! I wonder if you can ask the front desk about doing it.

KylesMom
10-29-2009, 01:47 PM
I wonder if you can ask the front desk about doing it. I honestly don't think any of the front desk CMs would know about it. The gal was not affiliated with our resort at all. In fact, it was the first time she'd been in Wilderness Lodge! She was specifically there to find a few target guests to complete the diary. She actually asked my husband if he would be interested in completing it (while I was in the check-in line), and he pointed to me and said, "I wouldn't be, but SHE would!" It was a fun way to track our expenditures, places traveled and such.

I must say that I am a bit surprised that no other INTERCOT members have been asked to complete one with the amount of time we all spend at Disney! :mickey:

Lakin
10-29-2009, 01:59 PM
No, but I really would want to do something like that! I always forget to document my trips, and copying the pages of a diary like that would be so cool.

Dopey's Girl
10-31-2009, 10:55 AM
I got one and it's totally legit! The CM at MK in September asked if I would do it, and I would get a $25 gift card. You keep track of everything you did, money you spend, food you ate, fastpasses you got, etc, then mailed it back in a postage paid envelope and they would mail you your gift.

I got my gift card in the mail last week (took about 6 weeks) and I can't wait to use it in January!