PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, right you can rent the Cinderella Suite!

Mammabruski
10-15-2009, 08:40 PM
So yesterday morning, while my DD was at dance class, I found out that one of the families are planning a trip to WDW just before Thanksgiving. So I perked right up, and said "Ohh, how exciting! If you have any questions, let me know, I'm kind of a WDW guru - we just love it". So I asked her some questions about their plans. And we all started chatting about my most favorite vacation location in the world.

Well, this mom, who I've known for 4 years, is such an annoying know it all, you could tell she was upset that I did indeed know alot about WDW. So she decided to wow the other Moms with this nugget of mis-information: Supposedly you can stay in the Cinderella Suite for "thousands of dollars" per night. Oh, and she figures she and her husband will save up, and one day stay there with their kids.

Mmmhmmm, yeah. I just smiled and nodded. As much as I wanted to go, "Actually, that's not remotely true, and as much as there are rumors about that, you're quite misinformed", I held my tongue.

Oh, she also claimed there was a phone # you could call to find out exactly where characters were in the park for meet and greets - not just the character spots, but special locations. Can anyone verify this?

Does anyone else have a story of someone who claimed to know something about WDW that was just not true? Did you set them straight? I'm talking about something really far-fetched, not just innocent mistakes. Share, please!

Joannelet
10-15-2009, 09:24 PM
There is a number that cast members can call to find out where any character is for you. There is NOT a number for the general public to call.

I was a cast member so yes of course there are things that people say that are completely wrong or they just don't understand. I don't correct them. I can't give too much away. :) Its all about keeping the magic so if they want to believe something I just let them.

Just let her talk and keep on smiling on the inside listening to her "magical" stories :) LOL

Lakin
10-15-2009, 09:39 PM
All of the kids in my 8th grade class can't get it through their skulls that Walt Disney was cremated and not frozen. Sadly, yet too stupid to make up, Mad magazine is their source of information in which they trust. :unsure:

Basket Mommy
10-15-2009, 11:06 PM
There was a very loud older couple on the Monorail with us once, and as we passed by the wedding chapel, they told everyone within earshot that that big white building (the chapel) was Narcoosis (Narcoosee's) and that they'd had the best meal there last year.

I know I've had more experiences than that, but I can't remember. You just have to let it slide.

seanyred
10-15-2009, 11:12 PM
I like the one where the Turrets of Cinderellas Castle are removable during a hurricane.

T-Belle
10-15-2009, 11:55 PM
My daughter works with a young woman who was planning a vacation to WDW during her daughter's 5th birthday. She insisted that they would be spending the night in the castle. My daughter tried to explain that it just doesn't work that way but the young mother was sure that as soon as the people at Disney realized that it was her daughter's birthday that they would allow them to spend the night in Cinderella's suite!

SBETigg
10-16-2009, 07:57 AM
When we were in the park, we overheard several people who were convinced that Fastpasses were a paid-for exclusive privilege.

My husband's coworker says they stayed at AKL and hand-fed giraffes from their balcony every morning. I've never stayed at AKL but I didn't think you could actually have giraffes sticking their heads out to your balcony for treats.

Ian
10-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Sadly, yet too stupid to make up, Mad magazine is their source of information in which they trust. :unsure:Wait ... Mad magazine is still in print??? :confused:

I remember at my last job, the first guy I worked for was going to Disney World with his fiancee. I told him I went a lot and if he needed any tips to let me know.

He immediately professed to know "everything there is to know" about Disney World and proceeded to lay these gems on me ...

"The ferryboat runs on tracks."
"Michael Jackson has an apartment above one of the buildings on Main Street."
"Walt Disney's head appears in the Haunted Mansion as one of the singing busts."
I just nodded and said how great it was that he knew all that.

Hey ... the guy was my boss!! ;)

Ed
10-16-2009, 11:54 AM
When we were in the park, we overheard several people who were convinced that Fastpasses were a paid-for exclusive privilege.

My husband's coworker says they stayed at AKL and hand-fed giraffes from their balcony every morning. I've never stayed at AKL but I didn't think you could actually have giraffes sticking their heads out to your balcony for treats.

You can buy the equivalent (more or less) of Fastpass at Universal, but not at WDW. :nono:

The only way giraffes (or any of the other animals) could get to the balcony is if they somehow managed to get past the electrified barriers that are about 50 feet out from the buildings.

I remember at my last job, the first guy I worked for was going to Disney World with his fiancee. I told him I went a lot and if he needed any tips to let me know.

He immediately professed to know "everything there is to know" about Disney World ...
Hey ... the guy was my boss!! ;)

Please note, folks, that Ian mentions that the guy WAS his boss.

Rule # 1 - The boss is always right.

Rule # 2 - When the boss is wrong, refer to Rule # 1.

:D

buzznwoodysmom
10-16-2009, 06:50 PM
When Bay Lake Tower was just going up my brother and SIL asked me on a monorail ride if I knew what they were doing there. I told them that as far as I'd heard they were adding to DVC with a new building located at the Contemporary. A guy and his wife interrupted our conversation to let me know that he was a DVC owner and he was 100% sure that the sight was not going to be a new DVC location. He went on and on about how much he knew about WDW and DVC, and even passed rude comments about guests not having a clue and passing along false information. I just let it go. Obviously he knew more than I did, being a DVC owner/WDW expert and all.;)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-16-2009, 10:19 PM
I especially enjoyed the cast member waiting his turn in the Barbershop telling other guests about Disney's 2 newest boats and how people were raving about having sailed on them and how they were so much bigger/better than the other 2. He just kept going on about the two new boats as if they were already in service. I waited until he left the Barbershop then explained to the other guests that they had just announced plans to start building these ships and they weren't even started yet. And this was a guy who worked IN the parks!

brad192
10-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Actually, I suppose you COULD rent the Castle Suite - if you rented the ENTIRE park for the day. Hey, Miley Cyrus did it...:ack:

Think about THAT admission fee!:D