PDA

View Full Version : How excited do you get as your trip gets closer ?

gueli
10-15-2009, 10:23 AM
OK, you have been planning for months (years), you have booked your flights,You booked your rooms, you have made ADR's and all other possible arrangements. Now you reach that mark where you finish paying for the resorts...you know your about 45 days out...
Its almost here.
Anticipation.
How excited do you get as you get closer ?

:mickey:

lighteningqueen
10-15-2009, 10:51 AM
To the point that I cannot function without the word Disney coming out of my mouth. The family get so tired of me telling them what I learned on the forums and what we are eating and so on and so on. 52 days and it will go fast at this point. Just need to finish paying on the 23rd...

WishingStar2006
10-15-2009, 10:54 AM
So excited that I'm checking INTERCOT 50 times a day instead of the usual 25+ - yes, I'm an addict and I admit it! 38 days 21 hours and 5 minutes to go!!!! Haven't gotten my ME documents yet...UH Oh!

Belster
10-15-2009, 11:12 AM
I may be strange...I live for Disney all year I am crazy talking about the trip, planning it and soooooo excited!!! But about 3 weeks before I lose my excitement and begin to stress about getting everything done.

Don't get me wrong I am sooooooooo excited for 10/24 to be here...but I could use a few more days to tie up some lose ends. Anyone else???

TKDONALD
10-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Words cant explain it!!!!!!
I leave on Nov 5 to go to WDW!!!!
:muscles::yay::clappy::silly::laughing::woohoo::

disneyboundagain
10-15-2009, 12:25 PM
45 days? I start getting nervous if the reservations are finalized 300 days out!!

PixieDreams27
10-15-2009, 12:48 PM
:party::D:cloud9::mickey:
So excited now that it seems just a short time away. We have a grand gathering of 8 with a first ever visit for some and an engagement in front of the castle. Lets all hope she says, yes. How excited are we to be staying in the Kidani Villas:party: Well enough said. Whooo Hoooo

MushuGrl
10-15-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm like Belster. Right now, I'm so excited I can't stand myself. Everything's booked, ADR's are coming up quick...

But the closer it gets, the more I'll worry about weather (we'll be leaving a few days before the one-year anniversary of the HUGE ice storm part of the country went through last year, including us), and sickness (my mom is currently in remission from ovarian cancer, but seems like every January since she was diagnosed, she's been put back on chemo, and we are her caretakers), and car trouble (why not when I worry about everything else, lol!). I'll stress over it until our first overnight stop on the way...then I'm good!

What will REALLY get me fired up is hitting the first Florida rest stop - that seems to be when it REALLY hits me that we're AL.MOST.THERE.

barbiegirl314
10-15-2009, 02:32 PM
OK how pathetic is this....I'm so excited that tommorow marks the one year date to my next trip! I'm excited to be able to say "one year from now we'll be on our way":yay: and then I can say that it's less then a year away! I just get worse as the months go by, I talk about Disney every day, what ADR's I want to get, shows and attractions that are must do's, etc.

The whole month before I'm useless, all I think, say and do is Disney....As I said I'm pathetic:blush: but hey that's me.

jnfr2424
10-27-2009, 01:21 PM
We have 28 more days to go - I love holidays and hate when they are rushed but this year I cannot wait for Halloween to be over and November rolls in! I can't believe how fast the 90 day and 45 day mark came just hoping 28 speeds up just as fast so it can slow down for us to enjoy our 2 week holiday vacation!

Melliesmom
10-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Really??? Excited??? Come on...you've got to be kidding! NO I am kidding!!!!! :D I only have 21 days to go and I really can't even function! I have checked my ADR's 50 times already, looked at the park hours schedule 50 times, checked Intercot 50 times, and have picked up my paperwork at least 50 times (and that's only today!)! It's a surprise for my granddaughter, so now I have to try and pack on the sly...she's 9 so it's not like I can have anything sitting out! But can't do that until we get a little closer so I can see the weather. I do have my incidentals packed and plane stuff ready to go, but usually I have EVERYTHING ready by 3 weeks before! I eat, sleep and speak about it and even my husband has been asking and talking about it. Trying to make t-shirts up for the 4 of us. OH well, it will all happen....:thumbsup:

Jeri Lynn
10-27-2009, 04:12 PM
I get so excited that I even have a countdown to when I take out my suitcase....which by the way is at the thirty day mark, which will be on Thursday....then I will have a countdown to when I will ship a couple boxes down...which will be in 22 days....and then I email my fellow travelers every couple days to give them an update....

coneygoil
10-28-2009, 09:00 AM
My family and I just got back from WDW about almost a month ago, and as soon as I got home, I was planning the next trip for April '10! I haven't made reservations yet, but it's all I think about! And I'm also extra excited, because my husband will be going with me for the first time.

But I dream/plan for WDW all the time, so I'm always excited no matter if it's a few weeks away or 8 months away!

Loweschevy
10-28-2009, 10:00 AM
By days 20-30 you are numb, the time cannot go by any slower

We go in October, so the time does pass slowly, but the weather changes so you look forward to the heat.

By days 19-10
It is hard to stay on task at work without checking out and being totally absent minded;)

With under 10 to go I get pretty nutty, but try to control myself.

keep adding to the clothes pile, make mousekeeping envelopes and begin checking the weather forecast.

I hope you have a great trip!

mickeys_princess_mom
11-01-2009, 09:04 PM
We have 28 more days to go - I love holidays and hate when they are rushed but this year I cannot wait for Halloween to be over and November rolls in! I can't believe how fast the 90 day and 45 day mark came just hoping 28 speeds up just as fast so it can slow down for us to enjoy our 2 week holiday vacation!

27 for us, and right there with you--want to fast-forward to the day!!! My husband even asked me if I wanted to tear off his big work calendar page that I stare at every night in the tub (it's on his closet door). Y-e-s I did!
Hurry, hurry! I officially starting packing today. I put the toothpaste in the suitcase. That counts!
:high5:

jennsky
11-02-2009, 01:42 PM
We leave in 4 days. I don't know what to do with myself. I've packed the bags, repacked the bags, I'm listening to Disney music, I'm talking about what we're gonna do there....ahh!! I don't know how I'm gonna fill my time until Friday!!:cloud9:

TinkerBell-Bell
11-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Our next trip isn't until August next year and already the family is going crazy with anticipation. It's under 300 days now (295 days) and when I visited Facebook on five days ago, all the posts off my mother, father and brothers were shouting out that it was only 300 days. So of course I had to join in too. Needless to say, the closer it gets, the more excited I get, although hopefully I won't just write "going to Florida in X days" on my exam papers beforehand.

kemps@wdw
11-03-2009, 10:19 PM
OMG! The advance (8 mos to a yr) planning for supplies, clothes, accessories, ADR confirmations, resort confirmations (doing both of these multiple times) is bad enough, But as I get closer, I find myself watching the Disney dvd more often, reading and re-reading my guides/books, checking Intercot more often, listening to my Disney cd's and Ipod constantly, getting my daily fix of "Mouse House Radio" on live 365, and even checking daily Orlando weather on XM radio! (is that weird?):unsure:

EllieMae
11-03-2009, 11:09 PM
I am normally so excited and can't think of anything else! This year's trip, I am super excited... but it's for my honeymoon and with the business of finalizing wedding plans and being a Kindergarten teacher I often forget I am even going to WDW this year!! But then there is the occasional moment when I remember and its :cloud9: I just can't wait until my wedding gets here and I get to enjoy our wonderful day and then I will be super pumped about our wonderful honeymoon trip! :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
11-04-2009, 04:37 PM
I crawl the walls!!:mickey:

Giggy
11-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Our next trip isn't until August next year and already the family is going crazy with anticipation. It's under 300 days now (295 days) and when I visited Facebook on five days ago, all the posts off my mother, father and brothers were shouting out that it was only 300 days. So of course I had to join in too. Needless to say, the closer it gets, the more excited I get, although hopefully I won't just write "going to Florida in X days" on my exam papers beforehand.

Oddly enough when you posted that it was 295 days (and a half) until I next go..... then again with you being my sister and us going together as a family that maybe isn't such a big coincidence! ;)

It is now 293 days and as said we're already in Florida mode, especially since we booked it about a month ago. Then again to a lesser degree I have been saying for ages before that we should go again some time, saying what's new, what we'll be doing, reliving some of our favourite memories. I hardly went a week without telling my parents to hurry up and book it! I can't remmeber when since but I think it was the second half of 2008 I got everyone to agree to at least try sorting out a trip for for September 2010. I had definitely been doing this before that. We then booked a trip for August/September 2010 last month. It was the Saturday evening before my brother went back to University (I had already gone back for the year but come home at weekends) so it was a fitting note to end on before he went back.

As said I was Disney mad before we booked the holiday and I've been moreso since. I joined Intercot in late 2008 (regularly passing on any big news) and have been on here most days since (my mum, Disney Doodle, who was a regular back in 2004, has recently started posting again while as you can see my sister, TinkerBell-Bell, joined last week.) I had already made sure we already had the WDW CD playing around the house from time to time, the old guidebooks we bought for earlier visits have been out and the new one hopefully arrives this weekend, the occasional appearance of the old promotional tapes. Visits to Youtube seemed to end up riding either the monorail or the WDW Railroad and I'd be on Google Earth exploring the parks from above. I've been worse for doing this since we agreed we were going/booked our holiday next year. Who knows what I'll be like when we're into the last few weeks!

We have a busy year until then though, I have my university work, so does my brother and he graduates this year. My sister has her school exams and starts college next year and we also have our cousin's wedding next summer. We have a lot to focus on before going so maybe this will make the year go by quickly.......until the last few weeks before going when time will no doubt seem to stand still! :mickey: