PDA

View Full Version : Free dining?

epceddie
10-14-2009, 10:59 PM
How has the free-dining plan been working out for everybody?
Have the restaurants been a lot more crowded? Have their been long waits? Has anyone had any problems?
I ask, because we're thinking of making a trip in September of next year.

azcavalier
10-15-2009, 07:25 AM
How has the free-dining plan been working out for everybody?
Have the restaurants been a lot more crowded? Have their been long waits? Has anyone had any problems?
I ask, because we're thinking of making a trip in September of next year.

We just got back from our trip on Sunday, and we had free dining. It was just fine. NO long waits for a table, and I don't think that the restaurants were any more crowded than I've seen them in years past when we went for free dining. Now, we had reservations, and that is crucial.

What my wife likes to do is show up on the very last day that free dining is offered, because as long as you start your vacation during the free dining period, you get the free dining for the length of your say. So, after a couple of days, most of the people there are not using the free dining, so her theory is that it will be less busy. Who knows if it's true.

Mrs Bus Driver
10-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Last day of free dining or not if you want ts you need a reservation. And make them at the 90 day window if possible. That way you know you have a place to eat and won't get turned away.
I know some people don't like to plan :sick:, I am the planner in my family :surf:. If my family had there way they would just take their chances. We did that once never again. Anyway they all just let me make the reservations now and so far I have done pretty well, with the exception one place which we won't do again. Live & Learn :blush:
Happy Planning :mickey:

epceddie
10-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Phantod
10-17-2009, 03:59 PM
If you're going to do dining next September, just remember that the first day to make your ADRs will be 180 in advance. It's no longer going to be 90 days come the end of this month.

And ADRs are a must. We had one left over when we hit the World, and we got one refunded to us (Luau got cancelled). We tried to get ressies with a couple of days notice....Nine Dragons at Epcot pretty much any time, but anything else fagetaboutit. We booked on a Sunday morning and got a 8:40 PM Tokyo Dining on Tuesday. How's that for few possibilities?

With ressies, we walked into most places. We had a 33 minute wait at Tusker House...they were all messed up, and about 15 at Cape May for dinner (but got in right at our ressie time), otherwise, it was walk in the door and be seated within a couple of minutes....course we were doing mostly lunches.

CaptainSmash
10-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Just got back and had no problem with the plan. Well a little problem they feed you so well expect a little Disney gift you take home with you. I put on ten pounds with all the great snacks.

One draw back is you lose a little time because you are on a schedule because of the meal plan. But I still think it is worth it.

Babyvett
10-21-2009, 04:19 AM
We got back a few weeks ago and found our wait times were not long at all. The longest we waited was for Teppan Edo, which was about 20 minutes. The restaurants were not overly crowded. Just like everyone else said, make sure you have ressies :)