PDA

View Full Version : Devine

Twinkletoes77705
10-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Where is the sign posted to find out the times and place to see her?

ibrowse17
10-14-2009, 09:30 PM
Not sure, but we have always seemed to see "her" in the mornings on the walk between Asia and Africa:thumbsup:

Phantod
10-14-2009, 09:50 PM
Not sure, but we have always seemed to see "her" in the mornings on the walk between Asia and Africa:thumbsup:

That's where we used to see her as well. We were looking for her on 9/25 and apparently she's been moved up near the front somewhere. We missed her, so I can't tell you exactly where.

I'm trying to remember where the sign was...it seems to be as you are heading toward the Safari and after you cross the big river bridge, that's it's off to the right. Don't hold me too it though, I was too disappointed knowing we had missed her to store that info carefully away in the brain.

WDWdriver
10-14-2009, 10:44 PM
There is no sign posting Devine's times or location. And she is not depicted on the AK park guidemap. It was always intended that guests would just encounter her by accident.

However (and just between us here), you can find her at the Africa end of the pathway that runs between Asia and Africa - near where guests can beat on the African drums. Her show times are 10, 11, 12 and 1.

Don't tell anyone!

Twinkletoes77705
10-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Oh....Oh...Thank You.....Thank You... :clappy: I am so excited. My youngest son knows nothing of her...cant wait to see his reaction....my moms as well. Youngest son is 10...so not too young :)

Phantod
10-14-2009, 11:02 PM
There is no sign posting Devine's times or location. And she is not depicted on the AK park guidemap. It was always intended that guests would just encounter her by accident.

However (and just between us here), you can find her at the Africa end of the pathway that runs between Asia and Africa - near where guests can beat on the African drums. Her show times are 10, 11, 12 and 1.

Don't tell anyone!

Hate to disagree, but unless I was hallucinating, I DID see her schedule on a sign. And it seems to me it was the front of Discovery Island or something like that where she was going to appear. The times you mentioned are correct, but we were there on 9/25/09 right where you said at 1 PM, and the CM told us she wasn't there that day, that she was at the entrance area to the park.

Now with that said, who knows if they changed it back or not?

tink2006
10-15-2009, 09:15 AM
I just sent you a PM listing a website that lists performance times for Divine.

Twinkletoes77705
10-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Ty Ty!!!

savafan
10-15-2009, 12:26 PM
Who or what is Devine?

disneymom2000
10-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Devine is this person who walks around on stilts and is disguised as a green vine. You could walk right by her sometimes and never know she was there because she blends in with the environments with the long branches of leaves her costume is made of. She moves incredibly slow and it looks like a vine that the wind is blowing.

Darbylew
10-17-2009, 01:55 PM
We always see her on the path between Asia
and Africa after you pass the drums. If we
don't see her then we ask a cast member
when she will be out. They always seem to
know. It seems that she comes out every
hour on the hour but ask a cast member. She
is so neat. We saw her last time we were there
in March along the same path. :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
23 DAYS!!!!!!!!:D

dismommy
10-18-2009, 12:20 PM
I have actually never seen her and it is one of my mission"s on our next trip to have this experience, I hope I'll be able to find her!

ransam
10-18-2009, 04:13 PM
i have never seen her either, unless you count on tv....i think this year that will make my list.