PDA

View Full Version : Unused Park Hopper

Scar
10-14-2009, 03:32 PM
I have a 6 year old 4-day Park Hopper with 2 days left unused. Since I doubt I'll be at WDW for only two days anytime soon, any Ideas on what I can do with it?

Seasonscraps
10-14-2009, 03:45 PM
There's really not much you can do with them.

Buy a split ticket on your next trip (buy a 5 day park pass for a 7 day trip and use this ticket for the other two days).

or

Plan a trip where you will only need 2 park days.

jenseib
10-14-2009, 03:48 PM
I have a couple of day day park hoppers left from several years ago too. I was told basically nothing you can do with them (you can't use them towards credit of another ticket) but use them as is. You can, from what I'm told, trade them in at Disneyland and use them there.
I we ever do a short trip, I may just buy a 1 day for me, and then use my 3 tickets I have left, and upgrade the rest of the family once we get there. Or if my sone ever goes, I may just give them to him. They are 3 separate tickets. I had them taken off the origional ticket a few years ago and they made me a new on each. Actuall 2 were still kids and they upgraded them to adults.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Since they are park hoppping tickets, you could just buy a base ticket on your next trip (for two less days) and use the old park hopping tickets on days you want to visit more than 1 park.

Will save you a bit of $$.

Seasonscraps
10-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Can you add on to the ticket for your next trip?

mousaholic
10-14-2009, 08:33 PM
I have unused park hoppers from a previous trip. I plan to use them for two days before next years free dining promotion (hopefully!). I would hope to stay at a resort for a room only discount and use my old tickets, then check in for free dining with a new package in a different resort!

If you only want to do a 3 day trip, you could use those Park Hoppers, sign up for the disney community service free ticket thing, and spend some time at other Orlando attractions!

magicofdisney
10-14-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm not sure this will work but here's a thought. If you use one day, I think it will bring the ticket up to current pricing, then possibly you could add on up to 6 more days.

mom2mickeyfan
10-14-2009, 11:50 PM
My understanding was that you can only do upgrades to a ticket for 14 days after you first use it. If so, the only thing to do with it is use it and buy a ticket with 2 days less than you need on the next trip.

BUT...did the ticket have no expiration on it? If not, then I'm pretty sure there isn't anything you can do with it.

magicofdisney
10-15-2009, 12:24 AM
6 years ago all tickets were non-expiring and they didn't have that silly 14 day rule.

CleveRocks
10-15-2009, 08:50 AM
After ANY ticket was first used, you have only 14 days to upgrade or add to it ... this is true even if you bought the No Expiration option.

So the OP's 6 year old ticket can't be added to or upgraded.

Unfortunately, it also has very very little monetary value if you plan to go to parks for 5 or more days during any one trip. If you plan to go to parks for 4 or fewer days, the ticket has good value.

Please allow me to explain ...
A 4th day costs only $6. Days 5 through 10 cost only $3 each. So if you're going to be using 7 park days, those 2 days left on the old ticket will save you only $6 (because a 7-day ticket costs only six bucks more than a 5-day ticket).

If you'll be needing 5 or more park days, my storong advice is to just hang on to the ticket ... maybe someday you'll find yourself in Orlando doing things other than concentrating on Disney, and you can use this ticket to enjoy a day or 2 of Disney in addition to your other vacation plans in the area.

CaptainSad
10-15-2009, 08:58 AM
Hey Scar.. I have an idea what you can do with the tickets.. Give them to me.. lol

magicofdisney
10-15-2009, 09:12 AM
Well here's a little fact to throw into the mix.

Last May my dad bought a FL resident 4 day pass. He used 2 days of that pass. He came back in September and they allowed him to upgrade to a seasonal pass. As you can see, this was WELL past the 14 days "rule".

DizNee143
10-15-2009, 09:15 AM
just keep them..until the next time you ever get to WDW and use them then..itll save ya a few bucks on park tickets! :mickey:

jenseib
10-15-2009, 09:53 AM
Well here's a little fact to throw into the mix.

Last May my dad bought a FL resident 4 day pass. He used 2 days of that pass. He came back in September and they allowed him to upgrade to a seasonal pass. As you can see, this was WELL past the 14 days "rule".

Thats not the norm. It might have been the CM just allowed it that one time. On another board I am on, alot of CM's post and one works with the tickets. She is really strict and gives all the rules alot...and she says they are not supposed to do that. I asked her about mine and she said once it was used, it had no monitary value anymore.

magicofdisney
10-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Thats not the norm. It might have been the CM just allowed it that one time. On another board I am on, alot of CM's post and one works with the tickets. She is really strict and gives all the rules alot...and she says they are not supposed to do that. I asked her about mine and she said once it was used, it had no monitary value anymore.
I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying, but this past June both my mom and aunt upgraded seasonal passes to annual passes. My aunt's pass was a month old and my mom's pass was about 7 mos old. I seriously doubt they were lucky enough to get the one CM who makes the exception.

My take on this is CMs can do what they want if they have the know how.

Also, a couple of year ago, I had a friend that upgraded her 4 day pass about a month before it expired. Again, this was beyond 14 days.

jenseib
10-15-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying, but this past June both my mom and aunt upgraded seasonal passes to annual passes. My aunt's pass was a month old and my mom's pass was about 7 mos old. I seriously doubt they were lucky enough to get the one CM who makes the exception.

My take on this is CMs can do what they want if they have the know how.

Also, a couple of year ago, I had a friend that upgraded her 4 day pass about a month before it expired. Again, this was beyond 14 days.

The seasonal pass is totally different. Also your friend couldn't have a 4 day pass that expired. Once a pass is used, it has 14 days to be used unless you add no expiration. Unless it was some different type of pass. So it either had to be in the 14 day limit or had no expiration put on it already. I'm talking about old tickets from when they had no expiration automatically.

Scar
10-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Thank's all for your replies. I have just solved the situation, I hope. I booked a three night stay at The Dolphin during the Spooky special they are running in two weeks. Totally spur of the moment, found round trip airfare for $200, you only live once right? So I'll use my 2 days park hopping and I'll buy a one day regular ticket for the third day, Epcot of course.

My next question is this. What exactly do I do with this 6 year old paper ticket that I know for a fact still has 2 days left? Just bring it to the turnstile?

jenseib
10-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Yes you can, or go to one of the info spots at the front before you go in and have it turned into a modern day ticket.