PDA

View Full Version : question about linked reservations and the online ADR system

LoriSan
10-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Sat is my 90 day to make ADR's. I have three different confirmation numbers for my 8 nights, since I had to waitlist (DVC). I asked the DVC rep how I would make my ADRs for the whole stay with 3 confirmation numbers. I was told to use the first confirmation number, and there would be a check box to indicate that I had linked confirmations.

Looking at the online system now, and I don't see a check box for linked ressies. :confused: Anyone experience linked ressies before?

LoriSan
10-15-2009, 09:16 AM
jeez, no one has experienced this? :confused: I'm so screwed

Mrs Bus Driver
10-15-2009, 09:40 AM
I have used the online system.
1.Go to WDW website

2. Login (register if you don't have a login)

3. After you login at the bottom of the page look at the lists and click on dining

4. Pick a restaurant

5. When the page comes up just above where you put in the date and time is some fine print. Read it you will see highlighted section about connecting your reservation. Click on it and fill in the information, reservation number, arrival date and where you are staying (must be Disney resort).

6. After that it is pretty easy you can check for one day or several days of your trip.

7. P.S. Do this as early as possible so you have a better chance to get what you want.
Hope this helps :mickey:

LoriSan
10-15-2009, 10:01 AM
My 1st reservation number only covers 3 nights.

When I enter that number into the online system, will the system give me access to the 10 extra nights, or just the 3 extra nights asociated with that confirmation number?

fanofdisney
10-15-2009, 11:29 AM
I have a similar situation, we are staying at 2 resorts. I have been told two different things. The first being that on the 90 day mark from your first reservation you make those ADRs then a couple of days later when it is your 90 day mark from your second reservation you make your next reservations and in your case when your 3rd date comes up make those at their 90 day mark. I know, I know it sounds crazy to me too and very frustrating since we want to make our ADRs all at once (well the 10 days at least) Then I read that someone else who has a split stay was pleasantly surprised that they were able to make all of theirs at once (online). When I spoke to member services the other day she told me to do what I can online and if it doesn't let me do the other half of our trip to call and do it over the phone.:unsure::crazy: Our 90 day mark is Sunday so please let me know how it works for you.

MidnTPK
10-15-2009, 11:46 AM
I think you'll have to do your second and third reservations over the phone (if that even works).

When on-line was launched, it didn't recognize DVC or travel-agent booked reservations...that's how limited the system was. I sincerely doubt that they've enabled your situation.

GreenBeetle
10-15-2009, 03:25 PM
... I was told to use the first confirmation number, and there would be a check box to indicate that I had linked confirmations.

Looking at the online system now, and I don't see a check box for linked ressies. :confused: Anyone experience linked ressies before?

Never heard that one before. This is what I was ranting about one day . . . the dining reservation people (DVC or otherwise) never seem to all have the same information. You can get 10 different stories from 10 different people. Very inconsistent, very worrisome to those of us with OCD about our Disney planning. :(

We have two reservation numbers for our upcoming trip (different rooms at Kidani Village, not different resorts) and now that I can finally retrieve my ADRs to look at online, they are definitely not linked.

I'm sure that has not helped your worries. Sorry.

LoriSan
10-15-2009, 08:53 PM
I called DVC member services today and after explaining the problem several times, the CM says, "well, you can call us and we will do the ADRs for you". I said "yes, but MS doesn't open until 9, which means that I miss the 3 hour jump". He said "well, yea"

Basically I can start at 6 AM for my first 3 nights, but if I want to take advantage of the +10, I have to call at 9 am. :mad:

GreenBeetle
10-16-2009, 10:24 AM
I called DVC member services today and after explaining the problem several times, the CM says, "well, you can call us and we will do the ADRs for you". I said "yes, but MS doesn't open until 9, which means that I miss the 3 hour jump". He said "well, yea"

Now that one I have heard before! ;)

I got up at 6am anyway - couldn't do a thing online - waited until 7am to phone in my ADRs - they had problems with the Fantasmic Package blah, blah, blah (don't want to get started with that one again).

I completely feel your stress. I watched the clock all night before finally getting up to try online. Why do we do this to ourselves? :confused:

Because we just can't stay away from Disney!! :wave:

VWL Mom
10-16-2009, 11:26 AM
If MS has them linked can't you get them through regular dining at 7A rather than waiting til 9A?

Goofy4TheWorld
10-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Can anyone say whether this "linking" that everyone is talking about "member services" doing for thier DVC reservation be done by Magical Journeys or myself for a split-stay trip where I have two confirmation numbers but am not in any way affiliated with DVC?

I have poked around the WDW website with no luck, but could I call Disney Dining at 7am and have them book the last part of my ADRs that would be associated with the second confirmation number (but make the ADR within the 180+10 time-frame of the first confirmation number)?

NH Disneyfan
10-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Well, we had an adventure making dining reservations online today - our 90-day point. We too have linked reservations, as we are staying in DVC 2 nights, then upgrading in DVC as family comes in. Nine nights total.

Online, we were able to retrieve our first reservation and the system gave us +10 days to work with. However, it took 4 hours to finally see Le Cellier in the system. We have yet to see Liberty Tree Tavern show up or Fantasmic Packages. Royal Table breakfast was available to our excitement but the credit card charge took 3 tries. Chef Mickey, Teppan Edo, Tusker House, 50's Prime Time, Plaza were all simply, first try at 6am.

So, online got us many of the ressies that we wanted. However, when we phoned @ 7am, they could not get us +10 days so we have not made any phone ressies and need to wait until they either come up online or our 90 day window passes for each specific restaurant.

My opinion, a full day wasted making Disney Dining reservations. Should be simple for how many they do. BUT....we got most of the places we wanted and assume the problems we're having, everyone is having so we expect to round everything out over the next two days. Fun stuff.

LoriSan
10-17-2009, 07:01 AM
I was online at 5:50 am. At 6 am I refreshed the screen and there it was! My +10 days. I got all my ADR's, at my preferred times. Easy peasy! :party:

fanofdisney
10-17-2009, 10:06 AM
Oh I am so happy for you:clappy: Thanks for keeping us updated on how it went. I make mine tomorrow, I hope it goes just as well:fingers: What restaurants did you choose?

LoriSan
10-17-2009, 10:32 AM
O'Hana
LeCellier
Chef Mickeys
Wolfgang Puck cafe
Sci-Fi Theatre
1900 Park Fair
Boma
Garden Grill

GreenBeetle
10-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Yay for you! :yay: Glad it worked out.

And your ADR picks look yummy. Some of those are on our January list as well: Ohana, Boma, Chef Mickeys and Sci-Fi.

One less thing to stress about! ;)