PDA

View Full Version : Special Tours - Which One?

alicefan76
10-13-2009, 05:47 PM
I am planning a trip next spring and would like to book one of the tours at the parks.

The only tour I've taken before is "Behind the Seeds".

What tours are your favorite and why?

Also, I'm taking my parents for the first time. They are in their late 60's, so it needs to be a tour that they would enjoy too. :confused:

It'sWDW4me
10-14-2009, 09:44 AM
I've never done it, but the segway tour at EPCOT sounds really fun! Added bonus of limited walking requirements (if that's an issue), as long as you all can get the hang of "driving" a segway, that is. :mickey:

Pally
10-14-2009, 10:31 AM
I've never done it, but the segway tour at EPCOT sounds really fun! Added bonus of limited walking requirements (if that's an issue), as long as you all can get the hang of "driving" a segway, that is. :mickey:

I agree. The segway tour is fun and for all ages beginning at 16 and up. My husband and I did the Epcot tour in 2006 and had a lot of fun. Recently, in August my 16 year old son and I went on the Wilderness Segway Tour and loved that one too.

All ages of people were taking part. It is easy to pick up on how to use it.

Note: There is a weight restriction- minimum 100 pounds to maximum of 250 pounds. :mickey:

Wadeace
10-14-2009, 03:23 PM
I loved the Behind the magic tour that takes you through all the parks except for AK. it starts in epcot, takes you to mgm than they take you to magic kingdom, than it ends at epcot. it has a minimum age of 16 and gives you a great look into the behind the scenes of disney. if your willing to see how the magic is made. i have had people say that they didnt want to ruined the magic for them, but i feel it makes the magic even better.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
10-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Ditto the comments on the Segway tour. DW and I did it years ago and loved it. In fact, there were a handful of people in our group who were your parents' age and they were able to do it fine.

My DW loved riding the Segway so much that I ended up buying her a Segway! The only drawback is that when she rides it, it is near our house rather than in Epcot.

KylesMom
10-14-2009, 10:22 PM
I loved the Behind the magic tour that takes you through all the parks except for AK Nicster just reported about this tour in her trip report, and it sounds fabulous. I would love to participate in this one! :mickey:

faline
10-14-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm not sure how active your parents are but if they are generally active folks, I'd recommend the Segway tour. My husband and I did this on our recent trip and I would be ready to do it again!

brad192
10-15-2009, 03:01 PM
I did the "Behind the Magic" tour last time down & found it to be a great tour. The only drawback was the cost - $199 per person!

I've also done the "Keys to the Kingdom" tour at MK, which is pretty much the same experience, but only in MK. I think that one was about $60 a person.

I'd recommend either. :mickey: