PDA

View Full Version : Photopass CD - No More Pre-Orders

jeffbdw
10-13-2009, 05:32 PM
A couple of years ago, I got an email before our scheduled trip offering to prebuy a photopass CD before our trip. That worked out great and we used the photopass guys a lot more than normal. Does anyone know if there is a way to pre-buy one normally, or was that just a one time fluke.
I cant find it on the WDW site.

tesslor
10-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Yes, there is still a photopass preorder.

Here is the link

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx

I am trying to decide if I want to get the preorder with the photobook!

Gator
10-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Yeah, this is a great way to get great photos with the whole family. I used to avoid the photo guys, but now I look for them. Especially if I see characters....for the kids, of course;) I think it costs about $120 now. Kinda pricey, but if you think that a regular 5x8 costs $10-12.

wire0monkey
10-14-2009, 10:26 AM
The best thing about that CD is that it includes a copyright release. That means you can put the photos into anything you like (as long as its for personal use.)

I made some cool posters at on-line site with a photo from each of the parks. (1 in front of the castle at MK, 1 in front of Spaceship Earth, 1 in front of the Hat, and 1 in front of Tree of Life).

marlaine
10-14-2009, 11:13 AM
I bought the pre-order CD and am so glad I did! On past trips, I've paid more than the price for just a couple of 5X7s and magnets. The photo pass people are great! In one of my magic shots, the balloons were missing. I just called and they "magically" appeared. We didn't find many photographers one this past trip, but by adding borders and edits, I turned 112 pictures into 250!

jenseib
10-14-2009, 03:52 PM
The preorder is still around $99. But now you have to pay the shipping once you actually order it. It used to be that was included.
If you have kids and do characters or BBB I think it's a must to get. I also like that I am actually in some pictures.

Gator
10-14-2009, 04:34 PM
I also like that I am actually in some pictures.

I know what you mean. I had hardly any evidence I've been to WDW until I ordered the CD. Now I'm actually part of our family pictures!

jeffbdw
10-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks ,as always for the great help.

BigThunderFan
10-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Yeah, this is a great way to get great photos with the whole family. I used to avoid the photo guys, but now I look for them. Especially if I see characters....for the kids, of course;) I think it costs about $120 now. Kinda pricey, but if you think that a regular 5x8 costs $10-12.

Actually if you pre-buy it, the cost is only $99. Well worth it compared to the $149 in the park or online cost afterwards.

Paiges
10-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Look for the Photopass sites at the resorts while you are there. We got some great portraits of our family at AKL.:cool:

tesslor
10-17-2009, 10:55 PM
It seems Disney has removed the site to preorder the photopass.

I read somewhere you have to pre-register a card that you get with your information and reservation packet.

I registered that card today, it didn't change any of the offers. There were some special offers, but nothing as good as the preorder.

Darn, I wish I would have ordered it last week like I planned.

Anybody have any more info?

beksy
10-18-2009, 07:26 AM
I pre-ordered Thursday without any problems but I don't know after that.

Gypsysmak
10-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Hi. I am trying to preorder the photopass cd. The link above doesn't work and all I can find is how to order the pictures that already exist, which there are none since we don't leave until November. Can someone please tell me if this is still an option? :thanks:

jenseib
10-18-2009, 08:47 AM
I got bad news. The photopass pre-order is longer available. They JUST did away with it. Supposedly people will get a card with a discount in it with there paper work now or an email. No one knows what the discount is yet, and it looks as if the card they send you is the one you have to use at the parks. It has to be entered before the trip to be any good. This is all new, so I don't know anymore than that so far. If I hear more, I'll post it.

DizneyRox
10-18-2009, 11:45 AM
My guess is too many folks were pre-ordering after their trip, so to close that loopshole, they are going to do something different. For $99 I would do it again, but I certainly won't purchase it at a higher price point. I wasn't all that impressed with the quality of the pictures, they are fairly low-res pics given todays digital camera standards.

mom2mickeyfan
10-18-2009, 04:07 PM
I have done it 3 times at $99 but not sure if I will at a higher price. Went to the web site and I can't even find the normal price for the CD without having a photopass card number to enter. Does anyone know what the price is? We do not stay on-site so it would be nice to know before hand how much it will cost to know if I need to spend time looking for the photopass people. Even under the help link, when you go to the pricing information, the photo CD space is left blank. At $99 I believe they were making a good profit from it so I hope it isn't much more than this. Does anyone think that this will hurt the sales on the CD? And does anyone think that the real problem may not have been with people pre ordering after their trip but with people "sharing" the CD that you hear about on other sites?

DizneyRox
10-18-2009, 04:53 PM
I have done it 3 times at $99 but not sure if I will at a higher price. Went to the web site and I can't even find the normal price for the CD without having a photopass card number to enter. Does anyone know what the price is? We do not stay on-site so it would be nice to know before hand how much it will cost to know if I need to spend time looking for the photopass people. Even under the help link, when you go to the pricing information, the photo CD space is left blank. At $99 I believe they were making a good profit from it so I hope it isn't much more than this. Does anyone think that this will hurt the sales on the CD? And does anyone think that the real problem may not have been with people pre ordering after their trip but with people "sharing" the CD that you hear about on other sites?
THe 30 day limit does a pretty good job of keeping that in check I think. I know with our last trip (14 days) we cut it to the wire before ordering the CD. WIth getting caught up at work, home, etc two weeks was barely enough.

The last current price I remember was $149 and there's not a chance I will be paying that. The pics from my camera ($120) were 10 times better than the Photopass ones (mostly due to resolution) and I don't have a problem asking someone to just snap our picture.

mom2mickeyfan
10-18-2009, 05:44 PM
You are right. I emailed them to ask the price and got a reply very quickly. The photopass CD is $149.95. The past 2 years we spent more time video taping and let the photopass people take the pictures. But with the cost of the trip already being a stretch for us, I'm not sure we are going to continue with that. It would be one thing if there were LOTS of borders and things to choose from but I was a bit disappointed with my choices last year. My thought was, this is Disney...can't they do better? And for $149.95 I would need for them to do better. At least now I know that I need to make sure I start taking pictures and to be sure to get all those cm's to take pictures with my camera. I use to not worry about doing that.

I almost purchased the CD where you could upload your own photos and use the borders last year also. But after uploading some pics, I only found 3 or 4 borders to choose from. And they were the solid ones in different colors along the bottom with Walt Disney World on them. This CD is only $19.95. So I guess we will be looking into this for our trip next June and hope there are some better options for the borders.

wdwnomad
10-18-2009, 10:30 PM
I've used PhotoPass since 2005. I always thought it was great. Loved getting all of the pictures and making them up. Every trip we bought the CD. Just recently I was thinking is it worth to keep doing it. Maybe do it every other year or so. If the pre-order discount is done away with this will definetly make me think twice. $100 was expensive enough. Anything higher I can't see it is worth it.

jnfr2424
10-19-2009, 01:07 AM
I was going to pre purchase on Friday but I did not have my credit card on me. When I just read the post about no more pre purchase I logged into my account and thankfully it was there, saved in my cart. I am sad to hear that this option is no longer avail it anyone gets the email could you please tell us what the discount entails? I am very curious! Thanks!

seanyred
10-19-2009, 07:30 AM
I asked this question directly to disneyphotopass.com and this is the response I got.

The pre-arrival savings offer is made available through the marketing
department of Disney Destinations. In order to receive this prepurchase
offer, the guest must meet the following guidelines:

-Have an upcoming reservation in a Walt Disney World Hotel

-Have their email address on file in the marketing database

-Have opted in to receive email from the Walt Disney World company

If you meet these requirements, you can expect to see this email about
10 days prior to your arrival. Once you have received this email, you
are within a safe time frame in which to make your prepurchase without
worry that your promotion code/s will expire.

If you do not receive this offer, it could be because your email address
is not on file and/or permission was not granted to send marketing
messages to you. Also, if you booked through a travel agent, we may not
have your email address in our database. The pre-arrival savings offer
is meant for guests who purchase before their trip.

If you have lost your offer, we regret that we are not able to replace
or extend this invitation as this offer is not sent out by
DisneyPhotoPass.com.

If you have any questions, please contact us.

Sincerely,

Mary Rose
Disney Photo Imaging Guest Support Team

Tinkerfreak
10-19-2009, 08:20 AM
I had decided not to purchase the cd this year anyway but it's too bad for all of you who wanted to. I have found that there are not half as many photopass photogrophers as there was the first few years we purchased it. Last year we actually would have to look around for a photographer and most of the pictures came out poorly. I also hated the fact that you could upload your own photos and add borders to them but they did not come on the cd. My kids are getting older and it is hard enough to get them to just stop for a minute while I take a photo and really hard to get them to take time to hunt down a photographer.
We bring 3 cameras to parks with us, I carry one and both my daughters do and we take random shots of each other all day long so we do end up with alot of photos of all of us anyway.

Dsnygirl
10-19-2009, 08:55 AM
I have found that there are not half as many photopass photogrophers as there was the first few years we purchased it. Last year we actually would have to look around for a photographer and most of the pictures came out poorly.
Now see, I actually though on our last two trips (Dec, Jan) that there were too many photopass people around!! Seems every place I turned, there one was... standing right where I wanted to stand to get a picture. ;) Seemed kind-of rude to ask them to move... :D

But I do agree on the quality... now that there are so many, I don't think they're as well trained with lighting, etc., b/c quite a few of our photos came out dark, and there's no way to photoshop them on the Disney site. Thank goodness I pre-ordered the CD, as once I had the CD uploaded to my computer, I was able to crop pics and add lighting, which helped tremendously.

Too bad this is now only available for resort guests... although I always plan on being one, it stinks for those who choose to stay elsewhere.

jenseib
10-19-2009, 09:12 AM
I have to agree that it is harder to find the photographers too. I had to really look for them. And then some one only take 1!!! or two of the same pose, and I thought each should do a few poses and add some variety in them. I had to ask almost every time to get a special effects one.

Seasonscraps
10-19-2009, 09:38 AM
What a bad PR move!! It does not cost Disney more to make the CD if you pay for it before or after your trip. The extra money for guests that purchase the CD after is pure gravy. And I am shocked Disney is passing up an opportunity to get guest's money in advance of providing a service.

If they want to keep this as a Disney Resort Guest Perk - they could ask for a reservation number when you place the order.

I am willing to bet that in the near future the Photopass Photographers will not be allowed to take pictures with guests' cameras and cite some spiel about risk and liability with using the guests' personal property.

DizneyRox
10-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Appears they are closing loopholes...

Basically insuring you are paying current (inflated) pricing...

tesslor
10-19-2009, 01:28 PM
I was going to pre purchase on Friday but I did not have my credit card on me. When I just read the post about no more pre purchase I logged into my account and thankfully it was there, saved in my cart. I am sad to hear that this option is no longer avail it anyone gets the email could you please tell us what the discount entails? I am very curious! Thanks!

You are a lifesaver. I didn't think of checking my cart. Mine is there too!!

tesslor
10-19-2009, 01:33 PM
I am also curious what the email discount is. I'm not sure I should check out until I get the email discount.
But what if my cart clears?!:unsure:

Always looking for the bigger, better, deal. lol!

TheVBs
10-19-2009, 04:52 PM
What a shame! :( I suppose as long as they're consistent about offering it when you book a trip, it will be fine. I have to agree with others, I don't know that I would pay more than $99 for it.

minnie-mouse
10-19-2009, 05:47 PM
So how will it work now? You just get a card from the first photographer you meet in the parks and then use that card for all pictures during your trip? I'm confused.:confused:

tesslor
10-19-2009, 07:05 PM
I just got the email from Disney Destinations with the Photopass offer on the bottom.

It is basically the same thing they were offering before.

The deluxe for $179 and the photopass CD for $99. They have also added a personalized photopass card for $4.95.

I think the major difference is that it has an expiration date. Ours expires the day before our vacation package starts.

My bet is they are trying to fix where you could come home from your trip and still "preorder" the pass with the preorder price. (I saw this was happening on some other boards)

So, same deal. I just hope they offer it to everyone.

BTW I logged into my photopass account yesterday and entered the number on the photopass card that came in my reservation packet. I also made sure that in my profile the box was checked to receive emails and special offers. I don't know if this could have triggered the email from Disney or not.

jnfr2424
10-20-2009, 09:09 AM
I also made sure that in my profile the box was checked to receive emails and special offers. I don't know if this could have triggered the email from Disney or not.

Good idea! I just checked mine as well

Seasonscraps
10-20-2009, 09:17 AM
I
So, same deal. I just hope they offer it to everyone.

Nope...I called DVC member services yesterday to find out if they would be sending promotional codes to DVC members with booked vacations and was told NO, not at this time. :mad:

Dsnygirl
10-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Nope...I called DVC member services yesterday to find out if they would be sending promotional codes to DVC members with booked vacations and was told NO, not at this time. :mad:

Just one more reason I keep holding off on that purchase... as much as I'd like to hear "welcome home" and know that I have a permanent place to always go, I just can't believe how little you guys get back, and it seems they just keep turning the screws to you. Sorry to hear you can't even have a "legitimate" reservation now for something as simple as this!! :(

laprana
10-20-2009, 09:49 AM

Wow! Seriously? So even though DVC members will meet the requirement of staying in a Disney resort hotel, we won't be able to get the discount and pre-order a photopass CD? :shake: Unbelievable. Guess that means no more PhotoPass CDs for me, 'cause there's no way I'm paying more than $100 for it!! :mad:

TheVBs
10-20-2009, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the info Tesslor! :mickey: It's good to know that someone has gotten the offer and that it was the same price. So now, you get a photopass card with your vacation package? I assume that's how you would get a personalized one for the extra cost. How are you able to personalize it, with a picture, your name, both? And, I assume you can only get this offer if you book directly through Disney reservations?

prprincess
10-20-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm glad this thread was started! I actually went in yesterday to pre-purchase my CD, and the link was disabled. Then I came in here, did a search, and found my answer. Yet another reason why Intercot rocks!:thumbsup:

We are currently 12 days out from our next trip, so I did register the card that came with my vacation documents, so hopefully, I'll get the email about the pre-purchase soon.

Seasonscraps
10-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Just one more reason I keep holding off on that purchase... as much as I'd like to hear "welcome home" and know that I have a permanent place to always go, I just can't believe how little you guys get back, and it seems they just keep turning the screws to you. Sorry to hear you can't even have a "legitimate" reservation now for something as simple as this!! :(

Thanks. Between things like this and money grabbing climate that exists there now, I honestly feel like the biggest sucker for buying into the DVC. I have been trying to get DH to sell for about 3 years now but he's the bigger Disney/travel fan so he's not willing to seriously think about it.

I am glad there is a discount for most vacationers - it really is a good deal if you like to have lots of pictures. The whole cd/photo release appeals to the scrapbooker in me. I'll just have to get over my shyness and ask people to take our picture or learn photoshop really well and crop ourselves into pictures when I get home. I just refuse to give Disney one more dime then I feel necessary.

seanyred
10-20-2009, 02:49 PM

Just to be sure I'm going to double check with member services/disnephotopass to see if I get a different answer. Since often member services doesn't always have the correct info.

In my post earlier in this thread I posted in green the response I received originally from Disney PhotoPass and no where does it mention that DVC members are not eligible.

Seasonscraps
10-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Just to be sure I'm going to double check with member services/disnephotopass to see if I get a different answer. Since often member services doesn't always have the correct info.

In my post earlier in this thread I posted in green the response I received originally from Disney PhotoPass and no where does it mention that DVC members are not eligible.

The guy I spoke with didn't say we weren't eligible...he said that at this time there are no promotional codes available to DVC members even though it seems like everyone and their brother have them if they are not staying on points.

But I'll watch to see what information you get. I hate the need to call Disney a bunch of times to get a straight answer and even then it is sometimes up for debate. But I don't see some email magically appearing with a code for my trip at the end of the month.

jenseib
10-21-2009, 03:13 PM

Here's the info I have gathered so far. DVC members will not get emails at this time about the discount.
Most people who have gotten the offer so far have gotten them in an eamil about a week or so prior to the trip. The email will says something with your family name in it and is usually from Disney Destinations. It doesn't say anything about a discount but will have a link at the bottom, if you click that, you will be taken to t he page with the deal/offer. Some are $99, and some have had them for $119. You will have to have it preordered by the expired date, which is usually the date before you leave. So it appears to be mostly only people staying onsite or booking right through Disney that are getting them. It is said to be non trasferrbale, but only time will tell, becuase they were supposed to be that way before.

tinklover
10-22-2009, 10:01 AM
I asked this question directly to disneyphotopass.com and this is the response I got.

The pre-arrival savings offer is made available through the marketing
department of Disney Destinations. In order to receive this prepurchase
offer, the guest must meet the following guidelines:

-Have an upcoming reservation in a Walt Disney World Hotel

-Have their email address on file in the marketing database

-Have opted in to receive email from the Walt Disney World company

If you meet these requirements, you can expect to see this email about
10 days prior to your arrival. Once you have received this email, you
are within a safe time frame in which to make your prepurchase without
worry that your promotion code/s will expire.

If you do not receive this offer, it could be because your email address
is not on file and/or permission was not granted to send marketing
messages to you. Also, if you booked through a travel agent, we may not
have your email address in our database. The pre-arrival savings offer
is meant for guests who purchase before their trip.

If you have lost your offer, we regret that we are not able to replace
or extend this invitation as this offer is not sent out by
DisneyPhotoPass.com.

If you have any questions, please contact us.

Sincerely,

Mary Rose
Disney Photo Imaging Guest Support Team
bolded and color changed by me:
this part is a lie by Miss Mary Rose. I just got off the phone with her as I called because the link in my email was broken. Not only do you have to be staying on Disney Property You have have to also book straight thru with isney not a travel agent like MJ.

I was told by Mary Rose that because i chose to Use MJ and not book it myself thru Disney that I am not eligible for the Pre order discount on the photo CD. I am Livid. :mad:

mom2mickeyfan
10-22-2009, 12:33 PM
tinklover, did you call the photopass customer service? On another message board, others are saying they are getting codes by calling photopass. They have to give their reservation confirmation number, resort they are staying at, arrival and departure date and the email address that Disney has on file for you. I even read about a DVC member that was told she wasn't able to receive it and called back to talk to someone else and was given the code. So if you didn't get the answer you wanted, I would say try to call again.

For those of us that are staying off-site, I haven't seen any chance of us getting a discount. :( I just don't see us spending $150 for this CD. Maybe something will come out for Visa reward card holders.

mom2mickeyfan
10-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Someone also said that emails sent out before Oct. 6 didn't have the offer in them since this was a recent change that was made. I wasn't sure when you got your email.

seanyred
10-22-2009, 11:04 PM
I don't know what to think. I e-mailed photopass again for clarification for DVC Members and this discount and I got the same exact response that I posted earlier. I'm 23 days away so when I get close to the 10 day mark if I don't get the e-mail I'm calling to see if I can still get the discount.

prprincess
10-23-2009, 09:31 AM
did you call the photopass customer service? On another message board, others are saying they are getting codes by calling photopass. They have to give their reservation confirmation number, resort they are staying at, arrival and departure date and the email address that Disney has on file for you. I even read about a DVC member that was told she wasn't able to receive it and called back to talk to someone else and was given the code. So if you didn't get the answer you wanted, I would say try to call again.I tried this and it's not working. I guess they're getting sick of people calling about it. The CMs I'm speaking too are being snippy, and stopping me before I'm compeleting my question. One even asked me if I got my information from a message board. I guess they're getting way too many calls about it.

seanyred
10-23-2009, 11:55 PM
I just don't see why they can't offer this discount to everyone staying on property...regardless of how they got their reservation. I'll just see what happens.

DisneyBabies
10-24-2009, 09:18 AM
I just don't see why they can't offer this discount to everyone staying on property...regardless of how they got their reservation. I'll just see what happens.

I have heard they are working on this. It is just that the way it rolled out to begin with DVC and TA ressies were excluded.

The recommendation that I heard was to call if you are 10 days out from your trip and explain that you didn't get the code and give ressie number and personal info and they will give you a code. But please do not call untill you are 10 days out because they are a relatively small staff at photopass and they are having a hard time keeping up with all the guests calling at 45 days.

For those of us that are staying off-site, I haven't seen any chance of us getting a discount.

The only consistent thing I have heard about all this is that off-site guests will not get this discount. They are trying to present it as sort of a reward for those staying on-site.

Not only do you have to be staying on Disney Property You have have to also book straight thru with isney not a travel agent like MJ.

Doesn't MJ book thru Disney Travel Company? If this is the case, I believe we will eventually be able to recieve this discount. From what I understand, they are working on allowing this in the system. However, those booking thru a TA who does not book with Disney Travel Company will not get the discount offer.

DizneyRox
10-24-2009, 02:44 PM
I suspect the reason that it is not being offered for those booking through a travel agent is that it DOES cost money if a person books through a travel agent. There is a commission included in the cost of your vacation. If you book through a travel agent, they get the commission, if you book through Disney, Disney gets it.

You can often get the same offers directly from Disney than you can from a travel agent, I have yet to find a better deal offered by Disney exclusively. When you get an offer, your TA can book it, o you can go through Disney, it's the same price. A TA IS NOT working for free, I assure you that, so it's the commission that's the difference.

It makes sense...

At $150, Disney can take that CD and ... Well, they can keep it!

prprincess
10-24-2009, 05:53 PM
The recommendation that I heard was to call if you are 10 days out from your trip and explain that you didn't get the code and give ressie number and personal info and they will give you a code. But please do not call untill you are 10 days out because they are a relatively small staff at photopass and they are having a hard time keeping up with all the guests calling at 45 days.That's exactly what I tried doing three times with three different CMs, and no luck. I also sent an email to CS to see if I'd get a different answer, but nope. I honestly don't think it's fair since I'm reading on other message boards that people are just calling in and getting their promo codes, yet I qualify and I can't.

At $150, Disney can take that CD and ... Well, they can keep it! Agreed! Therefore, I'm done fighting this fight. The pictures aren't really that great--I only wanted this since it's hard for me to get pics of my entire family together.

My trip is eight days out, and unfortunately, this took a little bit of my excitement away.

Seasonscraps
10-24-2009, 06:45 PM
I suspect the reason that it is not being offered for those booking through a travel agent is that it DOES cost money if a person books through a travel agent. There is a commission included in the cost of your vacation. If you book through a travel agent, they get the commission, if you book through Disney, Disney gets it.

You can often get the same offers directly from Disney than you can from a travel agent, I have yet to find a better deal offered by Disney exclusively. When you get an offer, your TA can book it, o you can go through Disney, it's the same price. A TA IS NOT working for free, I assure you that, so it's the commission that's the difference.

It makes sense...

At $150, Disney can take that CD and ... Well, they can keep it!

I am sure you are right about why people that use a TA. They have now assigned a cost to guests that use a TA vs booking directly. Guests will decide if the extra $50 is worth having someone else do the leg work for them. I if wonder agents/agencies that are Disney Vactation Specialists pay to become one (I can't imagine they don't) and if they would get an exclusion from this new policy.

It still doesn't explain the DVC member exclusion. :confused: And I agree...they can keep their CD. At this point I don't want it with the discount either.

thumperbug
10-24-2009, 07:31 PM
I've done the pre order for my last 3 trips. I'm not doing it again if I don't have the $99 pre order option. The photographers are not as great as they used to be and picture prices are a joke. My son is a little older and I have a new digital camera so catching a lot of "first times" isnt as important as it was. I will have to see what happens.

jenseib
10-24-2009, 09:59 PM
I am sure you are right about why people that use a TA. They have now assigned a cost to guests that use a TA vs booking directly. Guests will decide if the extra $50 is worth having someone else do the leg work for them. I if wonder agents/agencies that are Disney Vactation Specialists pay to become one (I can't imagine they don't) and if they would get an exclusion from this new policy.

It still doesn't explain the DVC member exclusion. :confused: And I agree...they can keep their CD. At this point I don't want it with the discount either.

When did they start that? I haven't heard that one yet.

Seasonscraps
10-24-2009, 10:13 PM
When did they start that? I haven't heard that one yet.

Start what?

I was trying to say that all things being equal:
disney resort vacation with photo cd is going to cost $50 more if you use a travel agent because guests that use a travel agent are not eligible for the discount at this time. Not that people booking through TAs are charged more for their vacation.

Jeri
10-25-2009, 03:58 PM
I guess I am one of the few that is not that upset by this. We never bought the cd, and never bought the pictures either untill 2007.
When we were there I did buy the cd in the parks before we left. I paid 149.00 and they gave me 3 free 5x7's then and there too. I just picked out 3 I liked and then they printed them.
Did I pay too much probably but I didn't care and really didn't know about the pre order then.
I don't think I would have done it anyway because I would not want to deal with getting a refund if I decided not to buy it after my trip.

jenseib
10-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Start what?

I was trying to say that all things being equal:
disney resort vacation with photo cd is going to cost $50 more if you use a travel agent because guests that use a travel agent are not eligible for the discount at this time. Not that people booking through TAs are charged more for their vacation.

OOOH! OK! I thought you meant that they were now charging everyone $50 more booked with a TA.

Tink1
10-25-2009, 05:03 PM
I was told by Mary Rose that because i chose to Use MJ and not book it myself thru Disney that I am not eligible for the Pre order discount on the photo CD. I am Livid. :mad:

Once you do online check-in and register your photopass card in your documents, Disney has your contact info. Even before that they know exactly who you are when we book you, all information references the same data base.

Just like online dining, this too will be available no matter how you book. Remember the uproar when they tested it with the general public first?

Nanc

Tink1
10-25-2009, 05:17 PM

No, we most certainly do not pay to be an Earmarked Agency. It is a title you earn and one that can be revoked. We are held to a higher standard.

As I said, just like online dining, DVC and TA take longer to program due to the complexity of the system and the idiocity of their IT Department.

This too will be fixed.

Nanc

faline
10-25-2009, 05:33 PM
As I said, just like online dining, DVC and TA take longer to program due to the complexity of the system and the idiocity of their IT Department.
Nanc

Hi Nanc! :hi:

Any guesstimates on a time line for this?

Seasonscraps
10-25-2009, 05:38 PM
No, we most certainly do not pay to be an Earmarked Agency. It is a title you earn and one that can be revoked. We are held to a higher standard.

This too will be fixed.

Nanc

I hope you didn't take my statement in a negative way - that wasn't my intent at all and apologize if you did. I don't know how travel agencies become disney specialists and thought it involved special training or something that originated through Disney that has a cost associated with it because I can't imagine Disney allowing their name to be attached to anything without a cost involved. I didn't mean to imply anything negative at all about travel agencies.

(I am not sure if I am reading more into your post but I felt the need to clarfiy just in case.)

Hammer
10-25-2009, 05:42 PM

This too will be fixed.

Nanc

Well, I would be more than willing to lead one of their software test teams, provided they pay me the same as my present employer...

Tink1
10-25-2009, 07:15 PM
I hope you didn't take my statement in a negative way - that wasn't my intent at all and apologize if you did. I don't know how travel agencies become disney specialists and thought it involved special training or something that originated through Disney that has a cost associated with it because I can't imagine Disney allowing their name to be attached to anything without a cost involved. I didn't mean to imply anything negative at all about travel agencies.

(I am not sure if I am reading more into your post but I felt the need to clarfiy just in case.)

No offense taken! It is an honor to be able to have the designation.

Nanc

laprana
10-26-2009, 10:49 AM
I have heard they are working on this. It is just that the way it rolled out to begin with DVC and TA ressies were excluded.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why Disney continues to roll these changes and new programs out before they are fully functional and inclusive of everyone - cash guests, DVC members, guests who book with a TA, etc. This same thing happened with online ADRs when those first became available. Why not just get it working right for everyone first, then roll it out? It seems like that would save Disney and their guests a lot of stress, headaches, and frustration!

pixiesmimi
01-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Our daughter and family went down on New Year's weekend and she had a lot of pictures taken on the photopass. When she got back home and went on line to view, discovered that some of her pictures were not there. They had a family picture with Mickey that she really wanted but it was not online. Has anyone ever come across this and if she calls, do you think they will be able to find the pictures?

jenseib
01-22-2010, 11:05 AM
If she knows the date and approximate time they should be able to find it.

marlaine
01-22-2010, 11:21 AM
I don't know about missing photos, but some of our "magic" photos did not have the "magic" in them (no balloons, etc.). I called and the photopass people were great! The magic showed up within minutes of my call!
If they can do that, they can most likely find the missing photos for you. If you have your photopass number, it will be helpful for them.