PDA

View Full Version : Further proof you need to confirm your ADR's!

mudpuppysmom
10-13-2009, 10:26 AM
First I'll tell you the potential good news, then I'll vent!

This situation might all be OK here by this afternoon thanks to the chef at Saana, Bob.

Now, for the vent: So I've been trying to get a better BREAKFAST time at CM's for this Thursday -- trying for like three months. I have been calling nearly every day with no luck.....no one has said anything up until today about the timing of this ADR. I said I'm looking for an earlier BREAKFAST time, our current ADR is at 8:50 am.....they usually look and tell me nothing available and I hand up. Today the CM said to me "ma'am your reservation is for 8:50 pm, not am".....I said back to her that my younger son would be asleep by that time and I would never have made that reservation knowing he'd be asleep, let alone it would be DINNER and not BREAKFAST! She then started to YELL at me -- so me, I was already irritated and I bit -- I yelled back at her, which ensued for a minute or so of neither one of us knowing what the other was saying. Finally I said "please put your manager on the phone" to which she countered they were going to tell me the same thing. I still requested a supervisor -- she supposedly hooked me up with one, but no one was there -- so again I go on hold for another 3-4 mintues and get told she has "X" on the phone....again, no one was there. I now tell her that "gee, this leads me to believe that I did make the ressie for AM, NOT PM" and I had very little faith in the rest of my ADR's! Again, she placed me on hold -- and I was promptly cut off! Then my phone rang, which I thought was Dining calling me back -- well, no it was Chef Bob from Saana calling to discuss my sons dietary restrictions! When I told him I thought it was dining calling me back he asked if I was having problems and I outlined it for him.......he apologized and said he'd have his manager try to help me out and what would be my ideal time to eat BREAKFAST at CM's.....I told him I would not be particular at this stage of the game, breakfast time would be fine, anytime during the morning Thursday or Friday (I even expanded my days by two.....not just Thursday!).....So, here's hoping for some pixie dust from Chef Bob!

:soapbox: getting off now....

This just further cememts it for me that you NEED to confirm your ADR's.....more than once!:beat:

DVC2004
10-13-2009, 10:43 AM
WOW- I cannot believe she yelled at you! I am sorry but that is unacceptable and very, very unprofessional. I really hope it works out- I think it's terribly sad that something like this would occur and the CM yells at the guest. Do you have her name? You definitely need to escalate that to Disney. :mad: I'm sorry and good luck. I guess in one way it's good to find out the error now rather than when you showed up hungry for breakfast that morning.

Pirate Granny
10-13-2009, 11:40 AM
I have found you need to be extra careful while booking on-line...for some reason it seems to default to pm...I've caught a couple of mistakes before I confirmed.

sorry you had a rude CM...they seem to be more common these days.

:pirate:

ajpa
10-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Hope it works out!

The one CM I talked to raised her voice when I asked (very nicely) why a credit card is required at one of the dinner packages if I was on the ddp (first time with free dining, so I am pretty ignorant). I told myself she was probably having a bad day.

But all the other CM's I've talked to have been really really nice and helpful.

seanyred
10-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Hope Chef Bob gets things worked out for you. I hop you got that CM's name in order to report her. Customer Service is not an easy job but its probably a low paying job so your stuck with people that do not excell at it. Overall my experience with CM's on the phone have been good. If I ever get a rude CM I will be sure to report them.

mudpuppysmom
10-13-2009, 12:52 PM
I got all names involved......once this is "resolved" ie, when Chef Bob calls me back this afternoon....I'll write it all down to get in touch with Disney when I get back -- I'm not going to let this ruin our trip before it even starts! Even if we don't get to eat at CM's for BREAKFAST we'll eat somehwere and be fed.

mudpuppysmom
10-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Well....wishes DO come true!!! Thank you to Chef Bob and his manager for securing an ADR for us at CM's!!!

I profusely (is that a word) thanked them for what they did and you know what -- she said it "was our pleasure"! Also already took care of the allergy info for us too (DS is allergic to a bunch of stuff).....so we're set!

I got all the names involved here and am planning on a nasty/nice letter to Disney when we get back for pats on the back and stern talking to's!

DVC2004
10-13-2009, 04:08 PM
So glad it worked out! Have a great trip!:mickey:

junedis
10-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Checking ADR's is very important, In June we had a final ADR at 1900 Park Fare. When we arrived, there was no evidence of it. I went back to our room at the Grand Floridian and brought my binder with all my confirmation numbers and such. The CM acted as if I made up the whole thing even though I had the number to prove it. Due to their negligence, we had to wait a long time for breakfast and had to rush to get our plane. Always, always check your ADR's. Whoops, don't let me forget, we also had another reservation for childcare at the POly. They reservation was at the wrong time. If I hadn't caught it, I would have owed the fee and missed a private anniversary dinner that I arranged at the GF.

Always,always check your reservations.:mickey:

Babyvett
10-21-2009, 04:26 AM
We had one situation when we went for our 8:00pm ressie for Biergarten. The girl at the podium told me she could not find my name. Had me spell it three times..not that i have a hard last name.. its only 6 letters long and easy to pronounce.. and heck, its a GERMAN name. I had my list of ressies that I got from the concierge upon check in at our resort and showed her I indeed had ressies. Suddenly, she could find me.. Go figure.