PDA

View Full Version : Ridemakerz Now Open in DTD!

NotaGeek
10-13-2009, 12:59 AM
A new tenant is open in Downtown Disney at the DLR! Ridemakerz (http://www.ridemakerz.com/RZ/Default.aspx) is the more masculine version of Build-a-Bear (they are 25% owners in this store!) ... in a nutshell, you pick a car at a base of about $30 ... and a remote control ($25), and lots of accessories and it's a cool toy for kids of all sizes (total with most gizmos is about $70!)! Sounds fun ... and its nice to see something that is specifically not so Little Princess oriented!

**Updated, it's confirmed ... they are open for business!**

BrerGnat
10-13-2009, 12:24 PM
Yep, I can confirm that, currently there is a sign (on a piece of large white paper...and written in what looks like marker) that reads "Ridemakerz" in the window of Illuminations.

I saw this last week and was a bit baffled by it. Makes sense now!

And, I have to say...this is SO cool. My 3 year old will go NUTS for this. Finally...something for BOYS in Downtown Disney (other than the Lego store). I'm happy to see they are adding more "kid oriented" stores to the area in general, as it resembled a high end outdoor mall too much, of which there is NO shortage here in Orange County.

Mufasa
10-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Ridemakerz opened this past Friday (October 9th)- although at this point it is only scheduled through the holiday season (have not committed to a long term lease). It takes up half of the former Department 56 space where LittleMissMatched takes up the other half.

In the Illuminations space will be a store called D-Street which will carry similar merchandise as Vault 28.

In the space that was temporarily setup for LittleMissMatched while they were working on their permanent space in the former Department 56 store will be a Disney holiday store that should be set to open mid-November I believe.

NotaGeek
10-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Ridemakerz opened this past Friday (October 9th)- although at this point it is only scheduled through the holiday season (have not committed to a long term lease). It takes up half of the former Department 56 space where LittleMissMatched takes up the other half.

In the Illuminations space will be a store called D-Street which will carry similar merchandise as Vault 28.

In the space that was temporarily setup for LittleMissMatched while they were working on their permanent space in the former Department 56 store will be a Disney holiday store that should be set to open mid-November I believe.
Thanks for the info ... I hope this store makes it, cause it sounds great!

BrerGnat
10-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Duh...the sign I saw was in the old Dept 56 space indeed! This was early last week, and it seemed like the windows were lined on the inside with black curtains. I can't believe it's open already! Wow...they were fast with the outside signage!

There was a sign in the old Illuminations space, but I didn't get close enough to read it. It must have said "D-Street"...

We were at DLR yesterday, but didn't go to Downtown Disney. I'll have to check it out on my next trip over there in a few days. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up that it might only be a temporary thing, Mufasa! It sounds like a good Christmas present for my son...

Any word if they will give an AP discount?

Mufasa
10-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Any word if they will give an AP discount?

Probably worth it to ask given that a lot of the outside vendor stores in DTD like build a bear and lego offer 10% discount for all AP holders.

I also think there are a few retailers over at gardenwalk that are also offering discounts and incentives to AP holders, though they aren't "official"