PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust Please

DVC2004
10-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Nothing major major- but my poor younger son is having a bad week. First, he got injured in a tackle at football practice Friday night. He'll be out 2 games at least, and there are only 3 left in the season. :( He's bummed. Doesn't have an ACL tear (he's only 10 so the Dr. said that is rare at that age) but it is injured. has to wear a brace and keep off of it as much as possible. Then, last night he came down with a real high fever. I hope it's not swine flu but I guess it could be anything. He did have a seasonal flu shot but did not get the swine flu shot. He cannot do anything this entire long weekend he is off but lie around. If you have any to spare please send it our way if you don't mind!

Disneymom4ever
10-12-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm so sorry about your son! I know he must be disappointed about football, but better to be safe than sorry! And I truly hope it isn't swine flu, I just got over that with my son- he was on the couch for a week straight. Not fun at all! Here's some :pixie: for a quick recovery on both counts! :mickey:

jodijo
10-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Pixie Dust for CA!!! Hope your son's week gets better.

badkitty
10-13-2009, 01:16 AM
Injuries are awful at any age. Here is some :magic: and :pixie: for your family.

vizsla
10-13-2009, 05:15 AM
Pixie Dust on he way.

Katzateer
10-13-2009, 06:44 AM
:magic::pixie:

Dragongirlx
10-13-2009, 06:58 AM
:pixie: Hope your son feels better soon adn the rest of the week gets better

TheMartellFamily
10-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Hope he is feeling better.

rubato
10-14-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm in the same shape you are. My son is almost 10. He injured right knee in football Saturday and after an entire day in the emergency room, he's on crutches for the week. If he's careful, he may get to play this Saturday. Please, oh please! He has a soft tissue injury, but apparently, his kneecap actually got pushed up and then went back down. Yuck. When we were in the hospital, all these kids were in there with masks getting checked for swine flu. I hadn't even thought about that. We were using a lot of sanitizing wipes while there!

Hope your son feels better and does great in that last game!

BrerGnat
10-14-2009, 03:43 PM
I hope your son feels better soon! Knee injuries are no fun. :(

It's stories like these that make me cringe at the idea of my own son playing sports when he's older. He's only 3...

mrsgaribaldi
10-17-2009, 07:40 AM
Sorry I missed this. I hope he's feeling better by now :pixie::pixie::pixie: