PDA

View Full Version : Jiko?

Captain_Nemo
10-12-2009, 03:20 PM
just made all my ADR's and picked out a few I have never tried before (mostly cause I wait to long to make reservations) trying to see what guests think about them, good, bad? why?

Le Cellier
Yak & Yeti
Jiko - CM said something about dress code???
Ohana
Teppan Edo

DVC2004
10-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Jiko is excellent- the food is very flavorful and spiced although not to be confused with "hot and spicey". They have an excellent wine selection. It's a great,under-rated place at WDW. I love the Taste of Africa appetizer (various flatbreads and spreads) and the filet in red wine sauce with mac and cheese. But pretty much everything is good here. Dress code- yes it has a "dress code" meaning no tank tops and cutoff shorts. However pretty much anything is acceptable. It's not really enforced.

Ohana also wonderful. It is wonderful grilled meats and all you care to eat served tableside to you, with various sides. And it includes a wonderful bread pudding dessert. Not to be missed. Great fun place and if you are lucky you may be able to catch the Wishes fireworks (reserve a table and hour prior to the start of the fireworks); lights are lowered and the music/narrative piped in. Truly magical and fun for all ages.

Yak and Yeti- we've been there 2 times. It's OK. Asian cuisine. Le Cellier is very popular and hard too get into. It's a steakhouse. It is good and and get rave reviews.

You did a great job selecting- enjoy!

Captain_Nemo
10-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Yea I have been trying to get into Le Cellier for a while. Jiko looks real good, I figured the dress code was nothing special, just making sure it was not Formal.

going to San Angel Inn and Tony's too but I hit those all the time, thought I'd try some new stuff. I am really looking forward to Jiko and Ohana though. Can you use the DDP for both of those?

DVC2004
10-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Yea I have been trying to get into Le Cellier for a while. Jiko looks real good, I figured the dress code was nothing special, just making sure it was not Formal.

going to San Angel Inn and Tony's too but I hit those all the time, thought I'd try some new stuff. I am really looking forward to Jiko and Ohana though. Can you use the DDP for both of those?

You can use DDP for both- but I believe Jiko is considered a "signature" restaurant and will use 2 TS credits- but well worth it! You are really going to enjoy it. Yeah and no worries on the dress code. I have been there before and seen all sorts of clothing worn and nobody seemed to take issue.

Captain_Nemo
10-12-2009, 04:01 PM
anyone confirm that is is a signature restaurant? I will knock Japan off if I have too ha, Ive been to plenty of hibachi style places anyway.

Pirate Granny
10-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Jiko is definately 2 table services...well worth it. IMO I'd drop Tony's...nothing that special compared to Japan.
:pirate:

Aggie97
10-12-2009, 05:24 PM
We love Jiko and 'Ohana. I don't think you can go wrong with these!

Here are Disney's dress code guidelines for Jiko (and other "signature" restaurants):

Men: Khakis, slacks, jeans, dress shorts, collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.

Ladies: Capris, skirts, dresses, jeans, dress shorts.

Not permitted in dining room: Tank tops, swimwear, hats for gentleman, cut offs, or torn clothing. While T-shirts are now allowed, the policy remains that T-shirts with offensive language or graphics are not acceptable.
:mickey:

Captain_Nemo
10-12-2009, 10:34 PM
yea I had Tony's set for sunday though as MK is open for exta hours that day. I can replace that with Casey's Corner and a Dole Whip lol. is Ohana 1 DDP?

stitchaholic
10-13-2009, 06:39 AM
ohana is 1 Ts

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Jiko is definitely 2 credits...I agree with a previous poster, cancel tony's and keep Teppon Edo

LVT
10-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Teppan Edo is great. 2 dole whips at MK would be
better.

SBETigg
10-17-2009, 10:54 PM
Le Cellier is good, pretty consistent, basic steak place (also good salmon, cheddar cheese soup, pretzel bread).

Yak & Yeti- Never been, but heard good things, Asian.

Jiko - Dress code, no worries, just avoid wearing ripped/torn/poolwear. Excellent choice, really good food and service.

Ohana- Fun! One of my favorite Disney experiences, Polynesian.

Teppan Edo- Japanese hibachi-style steakhouse, fun and delicious.

renecat
10-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Have to agree with the others drop Tony's Jikos is great. Ate at Yak & Yeti in Sept. great BBQ ribs. Ther rest of your choices sound good also. Have a great time.