PDA

View Full Version : wk between Christmas and New Years

DNS
10-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Is this week any more crowded than the end of March, first of April?

Mousemates
10-12-2009, 02:31 PM
We've been at both times and honestly once things get to a certain point of fullness we can't tell a whole lot of difference. What I can say from experience is that the week in between the holidays is indeed super-busy...but its also a super fun time to at WDW...and in our opinion there is no better place on the planet to bring in the New Year than the happiest place on earth.

glenpreece
10-12-2009, 04:11 PM
I was also curious about this too since I am arriving Dec 29th for a new year's trip. Thanks!

mickkey
10-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the info...we too plan on going next year 2010 ...hopefully from Dec22 to about Jan 5 ....got my fingers crossed:mickey:

jnfr2424
10-12-2009, 09:23 PM
YES! Its the busiest time of the year where the parks shut down due to capacity. The only other holiday I could compare it to is 4th of July

TheRustyScupper
10-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Christmas Week is by far the busiest week at WDW.

Captain_Nemo
10-12-2009, 10:39 PM
yea but look on bright side, MK is open til 11 all week (12am 30,31) and WS is open til 1am new years eve! but then again, that still does not make lines shorter, but gives you more of a chance to get more stuff in per day. I hate when everything besides WS closes at during winter months :( (besides the extra hours °o°)

MIKESMOM
10-13-2009, 05:53 AM
Crowd at Epcot New Years Eve 2008.http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss219/BETTYS0721/IMG_4226.jpg

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Very very busy....I would suggest the week after New Years though, if it would work out for you....

DNS
10-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Thanks everyone for your input! Is the whole week busy? This would be from 12/26 to 1/1.

#1donaldfan
10-13-2009, 11:56 AM
....VERY busy, but fun and beautiful.....it's worth it.....plus, MK will be open till 4 am most likely, just to get the crowds out (NYE)....it was for us....fyi....:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks everyone for your input! Is the whole week busy? This would be from 12/26 to 1/1.

Yes, that particular week is the busiest of the year typically...we were there that time last year and one other visit and you can expect popular rides to have 2 hour waits......

joelkfla
10-13-2009, 01:35 PM
If you're staying on property, don't forget that MK has EMH every morning that week.

Goofy Dad 13
10-13-2009, 03:00 PM
When we go at this time of year we get in early and get out when it really starts to get packed. We pick our nights for wishes, etc and work around those, but do not plan on doing attractions (unless we have a Fastpass from the morning) because the lines are jsut too long.

DNS
10-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Crowd at Epcot New Years Eve 2008.http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss219/BETTYS0721/IMG_4226.jpg
YOW!

TinaAndGlenn
10-17-2009, 11:53 PM
Expect BIG crowds & bring lots of patience! We experienced crowd gridlock at MK which was a Disney first for us. New Years Eve at EPCOT was unforgettable. This is a beautiful time to visit, even with the crowds. And the weather was fantastic! Don't let the crowds scare you off, be organized but flexible. Don't expect to try to see everything, the crowds will slow you down. Great people watching too.

Captain_Nemo
10-18-2009, 11:35 PM

lol you know its bad when there is a line for SSE.
SSE is one of my favorites, but I never see a line unless it is packed.

McGoofy
10-27-2009, 09:34 PM
Question to all of you about park filling to capacity...My DH wants to be at Epcot for New Year's Eve. We are not so much caring about riding rides all day. We just want to be at Epcot during the evening. If we were to go into Epcot in the morning and then go back to our resort (Boardwalk) for the afternoon, would we not be able to get back in? Does Epcot typically fill to capacity for New Year's Eve? We really don't want to be in park from 9am-1am, but would do it if I had to in order to ring in the new year there.

crazygoalie39
10-28-2009, 01:35 AM
Extremely busy. Unfortunately that's the only time we are able to go this year. Oh well though. It's still WDW! :mickey:

disneyworld55925592
10-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Very busy BUT that doesnt mean you can't do it. We went this time last year and we managed. Just get into the parks early, and use the fastpasses. Disney is always busy!

dnickels
10-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Question to all of you about park filling to capacity...My DH wants to be at Epcot for New Year's Eve. We are not so much caring about riding rides all day. We just want to be at Epcot during the evening. If we were to go into Epcot in the morning and then go back to our resort (Boardwalk) for the afternoon, would we not be able to get back in? Does Epcot typically fill to capacity for New Year's Eve? We really don't want to be in park from 9am-1am, but would do it if I had to in order to ring in the new year there.

I entered Epcot after 9 PM last new years eve and if I remember what some other people have posted it hasn't hit capacity the past few years. That's no guarantee it'll be the same this year of course. Also, FWIW don't plan on getting out easily afterwards if you drive. I was parked in the handicap spaces near the entrance to Epcot and after taking my time getting back there I still had time to take an hour and a half nap before traffic finally cleared. In addition to the packed park you'll have packed parking lots with plenty of idiots honking their horns upset that the gridlock is barely moving.

McGoofy
10-31-2009, 05:39 AM
I entered Epcot after 9 PM last new years eve and if I remember what some other people have posted it hasn't hit capacity the past few years. That's no guarantee it'll be the same this year of course. Also, FWIW don't plan on getting out easily afterwards if you drive. I was parked in the handicap spaces near the entrance to Epcot and after taking my time getting back there I still had time to take an hour and a half nap before traffic finally cleared. In addition to the packed park you'll have packed parking lots with plenty of idiots honking their horns upset that the gridlock is barely moving.

Thank you for your response. I do like my afternoon break at the resort and you made it sound a little more promising! After reading your summary on the parking, I am extra glad that our resort is just a short walk away out the back gate of Epcot!!