PDA

View Full Version : Best viewing for Boo to You and Hallowishes?

mamasun
10-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Going on Halloween to MNSSHP and was wondering what are the best spots to watch the parade and Hallowishes?

LittleRoosMommy
10-12-2009, 01:49 PM
There is really no bad spot to watch Hallowishes, as the fireworks surround the park. We usually try to watch them from in front of the Castle, but really you can see them from anywhere in the park.

As for the parade, we have watched it on Main Street and in Frontierland. I really enjoyed it last year when we saw it in Frontierland. It really depends on where you are going to be around the time to sit for the parade.

Hope you have a great time!

droopy d.
10-12-2009, 04:41 PM
There is no bad place to watch the parade but I think the best place to watch the fireworks is between the carrousel and pinocchio village.

Pop Centurion
10-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Our favorite spot is over at Liberty Square where the parade makes the turn. You get to see it coming straight at you plus a side view when it turns.
See map if you're unsure what I mean.
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/halloween/images/06map.jpg

CardsFan81
10-12-2009, 10:01 PM
We were just there Thursday and found the best spot to be in near the Hall of President - right across from the Liberty Tree. We got there about 20 minutes before the second parade and had great seats!

Greenlawler
10-13-2009, 02:03 AM
There are some spots that are not great for the firworks such as Adventurland. Stick around the castle for the best look.

As for the parade we always hang out near the end. It is far less crowded, but the hegative is that sometimes the canmdy givers run out by the time they hit that area, and you have to wait for parade to come all the way to you. All in all not a bad trade off for the unobstructed view.

Disney Doll
10-13-2009, 12:40 PM
There is no bad place to watch the parade but I think the best place to watch the fireworks is between the carrousel and pinocchio village.

I'm conflicted about this spot. I like it because it's not packed like Main Street and you don't have to stake out a spot so far in advance. However, I don't like having half the show in front of me and half the show behind me. I'm constantly turning around, always feeling like I'm missing the full effect.

KAT1811
10-13-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm conflicted about this spot. I like it because it's not packed like Main Street and you don't have to stake out a spot so far in advance. However, I don't like having half the show in front of me and half the show behind me. I'm constantly turning around, always feeling like I'm missing the full effect.

We watched the Hallowishes fireworks from the area right next to the Tea Cups. We could see everything without having to turnaround in circles. It was wonderful and there was not a soul in sight. Very relaxing!

garymacd
10-13-2009, 01:26 PM

I agree. We try to watch the fireworks in front of the central garden with the statue of Walt and Mickey. A good spot is where the rail line splits. It's especially important to be here with this fireworks show since it covers a 180 degree arc of the sky.

As for the parade, Liberty Square is great. This past trip we stood across from Pecos Bill's. A great place except for the spotlight shining in my eyes and camera from above Pecos Bill's.

Kathy Jetson
10-13-2009, 05:36 PM
If you stand behind the castle as some have suggested do you miss out on anything that can be seen from the front?

Pete Olsen
10-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Just looked at the pictures from last year. We watched from Liberty Square, down from the Hall of Presidents. Great view of the parade and all the activity and magic that goes along with it.

kemps@wdw
10-13-2009, 11:48 PM
LOVE the MNNSHP! :cloud9: We watched Hallowishes right in front of the old "Skyway" entrance. Seemed to be almost under the action. And viewed the Boo parade from a spot right across from Peco's Bills. Great spot! Sat directly under the rope, so no one could get in front of us. Scoped out about 30 min early. Was able to video the entire thing w/no obstructions. The headless horseman was really cool! But my fave was the Haunted Mansion grave diggers dance!:thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
10-14-2009, 12:57 AM
The headless horseman was really cool! But my fave was the Haunted Mansion grave diggers dance!:thumbsup:

:ditto: :ditto:

epceddie
10-14-2009, 10:40 PM
We like to watch the parade in Frontierland in front of the shooting gallery.
As for the fireworks, we were able to get seats on the second floor of the train station at the end of Main Street USA and had an awesome view!

mamasun
10-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Thanks to everyone who posted! 2 weeks from today and we will be in my favorite place on earth- already having a hard time slepping:)

darthmacho
10-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Not sure about the fireworks, but I always feel that a good spot for any parade is a corner, because you can see it from two vantage points as the parade makes it's turn. The trick is to know which way the parade is coming from. One time I thought I had the perfect vantage point in the hub in front of the castle, but when the parade (I think it was the Halloween one) started, I realized we were facing the wrong way, and we had to keep turnin our heads as the marchers approached us from behind! :blush:

RocknBev
10-16-2009, 09:48 AM
LOVE the MNNSHP! ...viewed the Boo parade from a spot right across from Peco's Bills. Great spot! Sat directly under the rope, so no one could get in front of us..... Was able to video the entire thing w/no obstructions. The headless horseman was really cool! But my fave was the Haunted Mansion grave diggers dance!:thumbsup:

DITTO.....I actually watched the parade at both time slots....we watched the first one from Frontierland and the second parade from Main Street....Frontierland was better in my opinion!...I loved the grave diggers as well and the dancing dead people!!!!!:thumbsup: