PDA

View Full Version : Food prices and snack credits at F&W Festival

McGoofy
10-12-2009, 11:15 AM
I know that snack credits can be used at F&W Festival, but also some foods may not be worth using a snack credit on, and it would be better to save a snack credit for a more expensive item. For example, last year we were allowed to used a snack credit on the lobster roll. Out of pocket, the lobster roll would have been about $7.00. (I was actually surprised they allowed us to use a snack credit on that one.) It was a much better value to use a snack credit on a $7.00 item than a $2.50 food item. Anyhow, to those that have been to the Food and Wine Festival this year, can you compile a list of foods that you think should or should not be used with a snack credit? I am heading there soon for the F&W Festival, and I want to use my snack credits wisely--get the most for my money!!! :-)

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-12-2009, 01:33 PM
I haven't been yet... will be there in 5 days! I've already listed out the things that I want to spend my snack credits on. I'll be posting a review when I get back. When are you going?

We will be at the F&W Festival on 10/20. My birthday!:thumbsup:

dmallan
10-12-2009, 02:51 PM
I took pictures of some of the price boards, but not all - basically the ones where we stopped and bought something.
Of the ones I have, here's a list of the "most for your snack credit" deals...
Cape Town, South Africa - Seared Beef Tenderloin w/ sweet potato puree $4.75
Bangkok Thailand - Breen Papaya Salad w/shrimp $4.25
Melbourne, Austrailia - Grilled lamb chop $5.50
Hops and Barley - Crab Cake - $4.50 Lobster Roll - $7.25
Tokyo, Japan - Beef Roll - $4.00. The Tuna Sensation for $5.75 did NOT have a DDP SN logo next to it.
Paris, France - Escargot $4.50 & Short Ribs $4.50
Barcelona, Spain - Taste of Spain $4.25 & Red Snapper $4.50

Of those listed I think out favorites were the lamb chop and the lobster roll.

We also used a snack credit for a Napoleon at the Pastry Shop in France. That was a huge piece and, to me, very worth a snack credit! So, as you make your way around the world showcase, don't forget about those places that aren't necessarily a part of the F&WF, but are always there.

Seasonscraps
10-12-2009, 03:00 PM
This link has all the menus posted on the Orlando Sentinel - they indicate which items are available for snack credits.

HTH! :)

F&WF Menus (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/orl-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-menu-gallery,0,5934143.photogallery)

McGoofy
10-12-2009, 05:35 PM
When are you going? We will be at the F&W Festival on 10/20. My birthday!:thumbsup:

We'll be at the F&W on 10/26 for my hubby's birthday.

Cape Town, South Africa - Seared Beef Tenderloin w/ sweet potato puree $4.75
Bangkok Thailand - Breen Papaya Salad w/shrimp $4.25
Melbourne, Austrailia - Grilled lamb chop $5.50
Hops and Barley - Crab Cake - $4.50 Lobster Roll - $7.25
Tokyo, Japan - Beef Roll - $4.00. The Tuna Sensation for $5.75 did NOT have a DDP SN logo next to it.
Paris, France - Escargot $4.50 & Short Ribs $4.50
Barcelona, Spain - Taste of Spain $4.25 & Red Snapper $4.50

Thanks this is exactly the info I was looking for! I have had the Escargot before, and it is delicious! I wasn't a huge fan of the lobster roll (it didn't seem to have too much lobster in it), but I think I would like to try the crab cake. That is weird you can use DDP snack for lobster roll ($7) but not tuna sensation ($5.75).

This link has all the menus posted on the Orlando Sentinel - they indicate which items are available for snack credits.

HTH! :)

F&WF Menus (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/orl-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-menu-gallery,0,5934143.photogallery)

Thank you. I will definitely check that out!!:mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
10-13-2009, 09:52 AM
We were just there for the beginning of the W&FF and saved our snack credits for it. There were some in the $3.oo range we paid OOP & used the snack credits for $4.00 and up.

McGoofy
10-13-2009, 06:20 PM
We were just there for the beginning of the W&FF and saved our snack credits for it. There were some in the $3.oo range we paid OOP & used the snack credits for $4.00 and up.

That's kind of what I had in mind...save the snack credit for anything that is over $4.00.:thumbsup: So now I just need to look at the price menus and see how many things that are over $4.00 that we would like to try.:mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
10-14-2009, 09:51 AM
The lobster & scallop pie in Ireland is AMAZING! What we did was highlighted all the snacks we wanted to try & when we got to the booths looked at what to use as snack and which ones to pay OOP. We also rated them and went back for seconds of the ones we liked. We had the lobster and scallop pie three times.:tasty:

McGoofy
10-14-2009, 10:23 AM
The lobster & scallop pie in Ireland is AMAZING! What we did was highlighted all the snacks we wanted to try & when we got to the booths looked at what to use as snack and which ones to pay OOP. We also rated them and went back for seconds of the ones we liked. We had the lobster and scallop pie three times.:tasty:

Mmmmm...that sounds good. Is this new this year? I remember Ireland having potato leek soup and a cheese platter, but not lobster and scallop pie. That will be on my "must try" list!