PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary Resort Garden Wing

PawleyPlatoon
10-11-2009, 11:03 PM
We just booked (hubby and me) one week at the Contemporary Resort; this will be our first stay there and we are soooooooooo excited! :yay::high5::woohoo:We will have a garden view.

Should we request first floor or top floor? What are these rooms like? Have you enjoyed your stay here? I have read that it is a long walk to the monorail -- is this correct?

Thanks,
Ruru

PawleyPlatoon
10-12-2009, 03:29 PM
bump

JohnnyNovo
10-12-2009, 03:40 PM
I stayed there in January and thought it wasnt bad. We were on the top floor of the garden wing. It was a bit of a hassle. We had to take the elevator down to the ground floor, walk out of the garden wing, walk outside to the Towers, the take the elevator(escalator) up to the 4th floor to catch the monorail. It would be easiest if you a a ground floor room. Then you would just have to walk over to the Tower wing then up to the monorail. Its really not that far, just sounds like it. The Garden wing is not connected to the Towers, except for an overhang you can walk along. We didnt mind it and it wasnt bad. Its worth the $ you save by not getting a tower room.

wdwfansince75
10-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Our CR stays were usually in the (no longer there) North Wing, but we have stayed the the South Wing at least 3 time. The walk to the Monorail or the buses is not that far....about the same as for about half the guests at Poly. (Ok, maybe 43.5% of the guests at Poly)....and just as close to the buses as most of the rooms at WL.
The second and third floor do not have balconies....There is a small patio, with 2 chairs and a table, outside the first floor rooms.

South Wing is close to the CR pools...In fact, one draw back of the rooms closest to the tower is that they are really just a few steps from the pool. DGK's loved that the pool was so close to their rooms. It is also only a short walk to the dock. As an early riser, I loved getting a cup of coffee and walking out on the dock for a little bit of AM solitude, planning my day, and just soaking it all in.

There are both elevators and stairs for the second and third floor. Elevators are located in multiple locations, including at the end of the wing closest to the tower, and in the lobby.

DW loved sitting on the patio, and watching the boat (and people) (and bird) traffic during the day, and the Electric Water Parade in the evening.

We haven't stayed there since they moved the quick service (and game room) from the first to the fourth floor. Our kids and grandkids loved the Food and Fun Center, and spent almost as much time there as they did at the parks....well, maybe not almost as much, but a lot of time....
maybe 25 (ish)% of the time...
The F&FC was also conveient to the wings for refills with the refillable mugs...now, the QS is on the fourth floor....There is a good snack bar (and adult beverage service) on the dock...the hot dogs were good, and the beer was really cold.

DW also loved CR's room service....a little pricey, but a nice relaxing meal....

KylesMom
10-13-2009, 12:06 PM
I must admit, whenever we stayed at the CR Wings I had secretly hoped we'd get a first floor room so that we could have the outdoor patio seating to relax in the evening. We always got top floor - and while we never had to worry about running footsteps above us, I think it would be wonderful to have use of that patio! :mickey:

As far as whether or not it's a long walk to the monorail, it depends on where you are placed in the wing. Obviously, if you're near the far end, it is quite a walk. However, if your room is closer to the tower doors, it's no big deal, especially with the elevator & escalators at your disposal. Enjoy!:mickey:

awaggett
10-14-2009, 12:14 PM
We stayed on the first floor a few years ago. It was great having a patio overlooking Bay Lake. The walk to the monorail was not far at all, and we were at the far end of the building. We really enjoyed our stay there (however, if we had been upgraded to the Tower, we would have taken it!). Have fun!

PawleyPlatoon
10-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks for ALL for the very helpful information!

DVC2004
10-16-2009, 05:19 PM
The rooms are updated and really modern. We stayed there last year. I think we were on the third floor there. We had a view of the new DVC building as it was still being built. It was a quick walk to the main building. We had a computer in our room there too. Be sure to catch the Electrical Water Pageant- it comes by nightly. Check the resort newsletter for the time. Have a great time!