PDA

View Full Version : One Day Disneyland Trip

Disney4us2
10-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Cast: Jessica (9) and me ( 9 at heart)
Meeting up with other passholder friends.

We got up early and our drive :car:to Disneyland (usually takes almost an hour) in record time of 40 minutes. No traffic at all on the freeways. We paid our $14.00 parking, Parked the car and loaded up the walker. On to the tram and were were on our way.

Ticket Booth:
First stop was the ticket booth to get our passes renewed. It took quite a while there as after they did my pass, the computer would not print out DD's pass. They had to reboot and it took a while after that. The lead (Jacqueline) had to come over to straighten things out. For our delay she gave us a fast pass for any ride (except TSM or Space Mountain) for 2 people. I explained that we were meeting friends and she changed it to 4 people. This was just the start to a great day. When entering the park, they were telling everyone to get handstamps as the day before they closed Disneyland due to capacity levels. That was also a Trick or Treat party night. It was crowded, but not unmanageable.

Disneyland:
Next stop Disneyland and the passholder processing center. We had our pictures updated. Took all of 5 minutes. The new center looks good. Reminds me of the old one though, where it was at the Plaza before.

After we had our passes... on to get Jessica her morning churro. We went over to SM:coaster: to get fastpasses. Then walked on to Star Tours and Buzz Lightyear (5 minute wait). After that we headed over to Fantasy Land and went on Alice in Wonderland. Perfect timing... our friends arrived, we met up and went on Mr. Toad, Peter Pan, Dumbo, the Tea Cups and the carousel. I opted not to ride the carousel. The girls(and one boy) we met up with another passholder friend) rode the Matterhorn Bobsleds. On to IAMW. It took us about 15 minutes in the handicap line. Not too bad. After that we started heading over to California Adventure. Made a stop to ride the Omnibus to the main entrance.

California Adventure:
We made our way to The Grand Californian for lunch, stopping for fastpasses at Soarin (never used them though). We ate lunch at White Water Snacks. I had a premade grilled chicken ceaser salad and Jessica her chicken nugget kid meal. I love going into the hotel to eat, takes away all the hustle bustle of being in the parks. After lunch we headed over to the Paradise Pier to do some rides. The girls went on Golden Zephyr. I don't know why they call it golden when they are silver:) They went single rider on M.Maddness... Jessica twice. Then over to Maliboomer. After that the girls rode the carousel and Screamin. We didn't do TSM, the line was too long and they don't have fastpasses.

On the way heading back to Disneyland, we saw a cute interactive show with the Green Army Men. Our way out included a stop for snacks at Boudin Bread. The Sky Celler and a very quick stop at Candy Corn Acres.

Back to Disneyland:
We arrive back at Disneyland right at the tail end of the Celebrate Parade. We sent the girls ahead to use the fastpasses for Space Mountain. Met them at the exit. I asked Jessi if she liked it... She said yes and no...lol Then asked if she got a reward for being brave with the ghosts. I told her Disnyland is her reward. (Side note.... all day long she wanted me to get her a baby Bambi :bambi:Plush. She will have to wait to our next visit.:))
After the girls went on :car:Autopia, we took the train:train: to New Orleans Square. We were heading over to see Haunted Mansion Holiday. We got off the train and was greeted by a long line. We utilized the handicap entrance and it was not that long of a wait... years ago, I waited and waited. Haunted Mansion Holiday is fantastic. We opted not to visit POTC and head over to the Plaza Inn for dinner. As planned we got there while half the park was lined up for the second parade. Had our dinner and then we went to Star Tours again.... walking right on... and then on to Buzz again using the fastpass that was given to me from the ticket booth.

Time for the fireworks:
We were very early to get our space for the fireworks... so off to the Jungle Cruise and then back to stake our claim of location. We were on Mainstreet between the Market House and Carnation Plaza. They rope a cross walk there. We were behind the cross walk so no one would be directly in front of us. The Halloween Screams and just fantastic. I loved the ball with Jack and Oggie and all the effects.

She show is over:
We slowly made our way out.... and I mean slowly. We were done for the day and made our way back to the trams for the final ride.
It didn't take too long we said our farewell to our friends and unloaded the walker and started our journey home. We won't be able to go on Saturdays until after Dec 13 (Jessica's :iceskate:ice skating show). Next trip On November 11th. Jessi is out of school for the day.

The weather was really good.... cool and cloudy to start. The sun came out mid day. Couldn't have asked for it any better. This was our fist time back since May. Now that we have our passes again, I look forward to many more Disney filled Saturdays.

NotaGeek
10-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Thanks for posting! I really want to see the new Halloween fireworks! :mickey:

badkitty
10-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Sounds like a wonderful day!

tinkwest
10-12-2009, 11:37 AM
I really enjoyed the special Halloween Screams firework show also. I think it's wonderful that this time of year is finally getting so much recognition at Disneyland.

Congratulations on renewing your passes! :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
10-25-2009, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon: