PDA

View Full Version : Filing a complaint with WDW?

Jeff G
10-09-2009, 12:00 AM
We arrived back from our trip two weeks ago and have had time to try and let things go from our trip but we are still peeved. After the headaches we went through were not sure if we will ever go back.

Is there a place we can file a complaint with Disney that they will listen?

AHOTE
10-09-2009, 02:37 AM
Sorry to hear you experienced some problems with your visit. You can use this address and you can be sure Disney takes your complaints seriously. You will get a response email within a day and a follow up call from a guest relations cast member within a few days.

[email protected]

goofyfan4466
10-09-2009, 06:35 AM
Thanks For This Address.

It'sWDW4me
10-09-2009, 08:46 AM
WOW. I'm sorry that you had such a horrible trip. :(

Ok, I'll be the first to ask - after so many trips what happened to make you say possibly never again? It must have been horrendous.

Ms. Mode
10-09-2009, 09:46 AM
You know our second trip to WDW was filled with unhappy moments, we did fill out the survey they sent us but go no feedback from WDW.

Having said that, we went back in 2008 and had a WONDERFUL time.

I hope that you can give them another chance, you may be in for a really great vacation :mickey:

Jeff G
10-09-2009, 12:53 PM
WOW. I'm sorry that you had such a horrible trip. :(

Ok, I'll be the first to ask - after so many trips what happened to make you say possibly never again? It must have been horrendous.

I don't want to be to long so I'll give you a few of the items:

* Our plane landed at 11:00am yet our luggage from Magical Express wasn't in our room yet at 11:00 pm. When we called we were told to come down and get it, they were doing the best they could. So we did and finally had our luggage including much needed diapers at midnight.

* The same day we requested our pack-n-play upon check in. It took three additional calls and that finally arrived at 9:30.

* My father-in-law is a diabetic and had a heart attack just a month before we arrived. He is on a very strict diet of no sugars or sodium. When we made the ADR's we were assured the restaurants would cooperate. It was never easy to deal with but at Biergarten the chef came out to take his info and told us it would take well over and hour. His suggestion was for Don to eat off the buffet and just to take the skin off of the chicken. We talked to the mananger. When the bill arrived he was still charged and we were forced to tip.

* My four year old picked up a bug and threw up in bed at 1:30 am. We called house keeping to get new sheets. It took two phone calls and the sheets finally arrived two hours later.

* The bus system was not enjoyable. We stayed for 8 nights and used the buses all week. We never had a bus that was not standing room only. On three occasions in the middle of the day I was standing with my 2 year old in one hand and a stroller in the other. At park closing is was even worse. WE skipped fireworks twice just to avoid the chaso in the bus system.

* We dined at Cape May and strolled the Boardwalk one evening. We arrived at the bus stop at Boardwalk at 9:30 to catch a bus to Downtown Disney to get back to the Pop. At 10:25 we finally had enough waiting and paid for a cab to get us back to the hotel. We felt completely stranded.

* Our housekeeping was very so so. I think I could have cleaned the room in about 10 minutes and had it cleaner.

There is more but these were the more major factors in our stay. Thanks for letting me vent.

Granny Jill A
10-09-2009, 02:01 PM
I don't want to be to long so I'll give you a few of the items:
* Our plane landed at 11:00am yet our luggage from Magical Express wasn't in our room yet at 11:00 pm. When we called we were told to come down and get it, they were doing the best they could. So we did and finally had our luggage including much needed diapers at midnight.
* The same day we requested our pack-n-play upon check in. It took three additional calls and that finally arrived at 9:30.
* My father-in-law is a diabetic and had a heart attack just a month before we arrived. He is on a very strict diet of no sugars or sodium. When we made the ADR's we were assured the restaurants would cooperate. It was never easy to deal with but at Biergarten the chef came out to take his info and told us it would take well over and hour. His suggestion was for Don to eat off the buffet and just to take the skin off of the chicken. We talked to the mananger. When the bill arrived he was still charged and we were forced to tip.
* My four year old picked up a bug and threw up in bed at 1:30 am. We called house keeping to get new sheets. It took two phone calls and the sheets finally arrived two hours later.
* The bus system was not enjoyable. We stayed for 8 nights and used the buses all week. We never had a bus that was not standing room only. On three occasions in the middle of the day I was standing with my 2 year old in one hand and a stroller in the other. At park closing is was even worse. WE skipped fireworks twice just to avoid the chaso in the bus system.
* We dined at Cape May and strolled the Boardwalk one evening. We arrived at the bus stop at Boardwalk at 9:30 to catch a bus to Downtown Disney to get back to the Pop. At 10:25 we finally had enough waiting and paid for a cab to get us back to the hotel. We felt completely stranded.
* Our housekeeping was very so so. I think I could have cleaned the room in about 10 minutes and had it cleaner.
There is more but these were the more major factors in our stay. Thanks for letting me vent.

It is unfortunate that this trip was such a "learning experience" for you :(.

You learned that you can't count on your luggage arriving in a timely manner. I've seen too many unhappy people complaining about the same thing, so I would never use this service.

You learned that making routine requests sometimes don't "take" the first or second or third time you make them. Especially when you have food issues.

You learned that depending on the bus system at Disney is an exercise in frustration. When traveling with small children, and in your case, an older person with health issues, it might be prudent to rent a van.

I have personally experienced all of the above problems, so I understand completely.

All that said.... complain about the specific things that Disney can fix, and please give them another chance. Your next trip could be Magical! :tink:

It'sWDW4me
10-09-2009, 04:20 PM
This is horrible and I'm really sorry so very many things went wrong for you on this trip.

But the incident at Biergarten, above all others, must be brought to management's attention, IMHO. In fact, if you paid by credit card, I would go so far as to dispute the charge! Considering that you had your ADR's notified in advance plus the extreme health situation your FIL is in, the chef displayed unbelievable callousness and ignorance! My own father had had diabetes and suffered quite a few heart attacks before he passed a few years ago. Sugar and sodium are no joke in this instance and the chef really should have been way more attentive.

Considering your trip history, you can vouch for the noticeable decline in customer service and, again, this should be brought to someone's attention. Bringing in new guests is always high on any business's list but that will only last so long if the guests don't return due to lack of acceptable service!

Good luck. I hope you get some satisfaction/compensation.

buzznwoodysmom
10-09-2009, 05:04 PM

This is something that has bothered me more and more on each trip we take. It seems that with each trip there are more people on each bus, and possibly less buses to help thin it out. After paying close attention while on the buses this last trip I couldn't help but notice how extremely dangerous this practice is. Many times I had to hold on for dear life as the bus made turns and applied the breaks. My kids are old enough to not be held any more, but I couldn't imagine having to hold them while I stood shoulder to shoulder holding on for almost every bus ride. If any of the buses in WDW get in a serious accident so many people will be injured or worse. I really wish they didn't allow any standing on the buses and that they made sure to send enough buses at park opening and closing to accomodate the crowds.

Unfortunately we've also seen many of the problems you encountered on our trips over the past 2 or 3 years. I have completely given up on housekeeping. I don't expect a very clean room anymore. I'd be better off just cleaning the room to my likings each day before we leave for the parks because, honestly, sometimes that's the only way the room gets a good cleaning. We've had housekeeping barge in while we were getting ready one morning (before park opening--thank goodness we were all dressed) and once after asking for clean sheets in the am, we arrived back after park closing to find the beds striped and the clean sheets sitting on the bed ready for us to make the bed ourselves. I've complained to Disney and I've been offered and recieved one nights compensation for the problems, but the thing is....I don't want their money. I want the problems to be addressed.

I hope you get a response to your complaints. All of what you experienced can surely be avoided if everyone did their job the way its supposed to be done. Its sad that with each passing year WDW's customer service goes farther and farther down the drain. Good luck.

BluewaterBrad
10-11-2009, 05:14 PM
I am afraid that all the problems you had, others are having also. It seems to be getting worse!:mickey:

Ian
10-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Can't say I'm shocked ... You have to wonder if anyone at Disney is ever going to listen, fire the people in charge of WDW, and straighten out the mess they have down there or if this is just ... well ... it.

Because if this is it ... or if (God forbid) it gets worse ... I'm with you, Jeff. I'm done.

Skippy
10-12-2009, 08:20 AM
As interested in alternative forms of transportation as Walt was, you would think they would have this problem licked by now--and buses are not the solution. Clearing buses off the road would also clear up a lot of the heavy traffic at WDW.

Perhaps they need to rethink the monorail expansion, light rail or some other form (yes I know, costs... but can you put a price on magic?)

Goofy4TheWorld
10-12-2009, 01:25 PM
... but can you put a price on magic?)

I know of a whole group of accountants that live in Central Florida swampland that know exactly how to do just that...

Ian
10-12-2009, 03:03 PM
(yes I know, costs... but can you put a price on magic?)Yes. You can and they do.

And guess what ... magic always loses ...

minnie04
10-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Honestly, for some of the very reasons you have mentioned we stay off property. There are so many beautiful hotels (2&3 bedrooms) thats are awesome and there service is outstanding too. I love staying on property , but have learned that they have slacked to many times for my taste. and with attitude too:ack: