PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to the F&W Festival this year yet? Need suggestions

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-08-2009, 02:11 PM
I saw the list of countries and their offerings. There are too many to pick from!

Any recommendations of what to get? what to stay away from?

I am in the process of making my drink list! :beer::marg::wine:

DisneyHoneymooners
10-08-2009, 05:11 PM
We were there opening day. I have to say that I didn't eat anything I disliked but the great ones were: the lamb chop in Australia(OMG), the beef with sweet potato in South Africa, and both the lobster roll and crab cake in America were incredible!!!! Of course everything tastes better with a Grand Marnier slush(France-not part of the F&WF but really...)

Tinkermom
10-08-2009, 05:47 PM
We were there opening day. I have to say that I didn't eat anything I disliked but the great ones were: the lamb chop in Australia(OMG), the beef with sweet potato in South Africa, and both the lobster roll and crab cake in America were incredible!!!! Of course everything tastes better with a Grand Marnier slush(France-not part of the F&WF but really...)

Sounds amazing!! Oh can't wait - getting there on Monday!:thumbsup:

Babyvett
10-10-2009, 12:28 AM
The lamb slider was great.. believe it or not, the escargot from France was amazing.. of course, cheddar cheese soup from Canada was a must :) Also, if your a beer drinker, the Sam Adam's beer school is well worth it.. then, once your done, grab yourself a lobster roll from America, along with a cold glass of Sam Adams Cream Stout ;)

garymacd
10-10-2009, 11:23 AM
We were there last week and decided to eat our way around the world!

We only made it half-way!

We started going clockwise at the entrance from Future World and continued on to the American Experience.

We did get sidetracked a little and delayed because, for the first time ever, we had to wait as the bridge was up to allow the fireworks barges to be brought into the lagoon. That was okay because our stomaches needed the break.

The only thing we really didn't like was the potato crepes at India. It was too spicy and fragrant for our tastes.

If we go at this time next year, which is in the grand scheme, we are going to start counter-clockwise towards the Canadian pavilion and work our way towards France. Can't wait.

Just a quick hint for those of you who have never had the experience, as we were entering Epcot, I said to my beloved, "They should have some sort of card that you can load up with cash and then just have them swipe the card when you place your order."

Silly me. They had already thought of that. You can get the card and re-load it either at the main pavilion in the old Body Works building or at any of the food kiosks. $30 gave us a sample of food from each of the kiosks almost all the way to where we ended. We also used a snack for the most expensive items - about $5.50.

They also have wine tasting, drink mixology and lots of other things happening inside the main pavilion.

VWL Mom
10-10-2009, 12:58 PM
My fav last year (and on this year's menu) was the Escargot en Brioche at France accompanied by the Sparkling Pomegranate Kir. Nice pairing!

This year I'm adding the Frozen Dragon Berry Colada at San Juan to my beverage list along with the Parisien Cosmo Slush.

Can hardly wait. :mickey:

beksy
10-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Any thoughts on desserts? I love my sweets! :cloud9:

Hammer
10-10-2009, 03:32 PM
I was at the Food and Wine festival on 9/28 (see my list of food I tried here (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=162015)) . For beverages, I had Moet and Chandon Rose Imperial champagne, Pommery champagne, Riesling in Germany, a margarita and Grand Mariner Orange Slush. I loved every one of those beverages!