PDA

View Full Version : Childrens substitutions on DDP

rubato
10-08-2009, 11:42 AM
My son will barely be 10 when we are on vacation. We are trying out some more adventurous and grown up restaurants because we are on the DDP for the first time. If he doesn't like something for dessert on the adult menu, can he order off the childrens menu? I know I will lose money this way, but I've been looking at the menus, and I think he'll want the children's desserts. He's an adventurous eater when it comes to regular food, but he doesn't like dark chocolate, or cheesecake and a lot of the restaurants don't have much dessert option for him. Thank you.

Mickey'sGirl
10-08-2009, 11:54 AM
My DS11 only likes ice cream or chocolate chip cookies as far as desserts go.

He was given a "Large" ice cream sundae by any location he asked at (Cinderella's Royal Table, Kouzzina's, Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre, Olivia's).

I am positive it will not be a problem for him! :thumbsup:

rubato
10-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Oh, that's good to hear. He'll be happy to know that. Thanks.

Ian
10-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Shouldn't be a problem, although I was surprised that they would not let me downgrade an adult TS coupon to a child's TS coupon. I tried that at Chefs De France once and they denied the request.

I could understand not allowing an upgrade (i.e. kid meal to adult meal) but not allowing the other way seemed strange and kinda arbitrary.

WishingStar2006
10-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Chefs de France is VERY picky about how they administer the DDP...last trip I even had them bring me a print out of their rules because they were not letting me use my TS credits for my son! Since my KTTW said "1 person" they would only let me use 1 TS!!! It was a pain! Other restaurants didn't have a problem and I had done it on other occasions so I had to go to he front desk and get the TS credit moved around from his KTTW back to mine for ones I had already used.