PDA

View Full Version : A few brief dining reviews from last week

WDWCrazyKaren
10-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Just a couple of quick ones for you. We aren't really "foodies", so this is for those of you just looking for reviews on "average Joe" dining!

Teppan Edo-Fantastic! One of the best meals we had all week. Our wait staff was impeccable, the food was plentiful and very well prepared. So much so, that we couldn't (well the teenage boy could) even have dessert afterwards (included on the dining plan) because we had eaten so much.

Cape May Character Breakfast-Great cast members, quick seating, food choices were better than average for a buffet breakfast. Character interaction was fun. All in all, a good breakfast (for a buffet!).

Princess Storybook Breakfast-So much fun! Awesome food, terrific server, the princesses were pretty quick to pass by, but we were by no means rushed through our meal and had a great time.

50's Prime Time Cafe-Uncle Dale made this meal! We were back in a little corner with only four tables, and it was perfect! Uncle Dale made my kids laugh through the entire meal, was very attentive, and our food was just fine. It wasn't a five star meal, however Uncle Dale rocked!

Ohana's Breakfast with Stitch etc.-Another great breakfast! The characters were great, interacting with everyone, our Cousins made us very welcome. We had fresh waffles at our table every 45 seconds, and every request was met quickly and with a smile.

Chef Mickey's Breakfast Buffet-Food was just OK, but our server was fantastic! Had everyone in the room sing happy birthday to our two birthday teenagers (much to their embarrassment and us parents delight!). They didn't rush us out the door, and we lounged and ate until we were stuffed and just enjoyed the atmosphere.

Whispering Canyon Cafe Dinner-Best. Meal. At. Disney. Well, as far as we were concerned! Susan (or as she asked us to call her "Lazy Susan") was a real hoot! She picked on the kids for the entire meal, and made sure every other table knew it! The food was fantastic, and OH, so much of it. The pulled pork and the ribs were melt in your mouth greatness. The desserts were phenomenal! What can be better than S'mores Cheesecake? Nothing, that's what! Another meal that they didn't try and rush us through, we simply were able to enjoy it and Susan made the meal all that much better.

Counter Service meals throughout the week were merely sustinance. With the exception of Earl of Sandwhich (which was awesome), we had nothing worthy of even noting. Burgers were greasy, most of the food was served cold (even when it wasn't supposed to be) and very slow. Food court at POR used to be much more varied, Grab and Go has such minimal selections now, not impressed at all.

Table Service meals were FANTASTIC!

sassy2000
10-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Looks like you had some great meals. We loved WCC also. The canyon skillet is so delicious!
We are trying Cape May breakfast for the 1st time in Dec and I'm looking forward to it. We are not big breakfast eaters so we try one table service breakfast each trip. We've done Ohana, Tusker House, & Boma and liked them all.

andypooh
10-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Teppan Edo for dinner and Crystal Palace Character breakfast are the two MUST DO meals we do on every trip

PittFan
10-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Sounds like you had a great dining experience throughout your stay. I'm so glad to hear that because we will be trying Teppan Edo, Cape May Cafe, O'Hana & Whispering Canyon for the first time next week. We've decided to change it up this trip. :mickey:

DizNee143
10-09-2009, 11:28 AM
sounds like very good table service meals you had..ive eaten at most of the places you went to this trip and i pretty much agree about what you said about them..
we were in disney 2 weeks ago..and had none of the problems you had with counter service meals though..we had a lot of them..and had no real problems..they were all pretty tasty..and were always the temps they should be.. i guess those are just a hit and miss!!!!

BluewaterBrad
10-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks for sharing!!:mickey:

barbiegirl314
10-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Sounds like you had a great trip and some wonderful meals. We're hoping to try WCC on our next trip so I was glad to see that you had a really good meal and fun times there.

Thank you for sharing with us!

MistressGracey
10-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Thank you for sharing!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the reviews

pdrlkr
10-15-2009, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the Review! :eat:

KylesMom
10-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Thanks for sharing, Karen . . . while I'm sorry your CS meals were absolutely forgettable, I'm glad you found some new places to enjoy this trip. Love the 'scene' at Chef Mickey's! :mickey:

BigThunderFan
10-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Well you settled it. I had planned Boma as our dinner after Animal Kingdom closed at 5pm, but the DW did not enjoy it as much as me apparently and vetoed that. :( So I was finagling with the idea of Whispering Canyon that night. Thanks for the review, we are looking forward to trying it! :mickey: