PDA

View Full Version : DVC confirmation # and ADRs

fanofdisney
10-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Does anyone go online to make their ADRs and if so when you do does your DVC confirmation number come up? When I go to the Disney web site and enter my confirmation number it says it can't find it. How do you do the 10 days of ADRs when the confirmation number can't be found?:confused:

seanyred
10-08-2009, 08:28 AM
I was able to use my DVC confirmation number when signing on to online ADRs. My only suggestion would be to call member services. It worked well for me but I know there are others who have had a problem

VWL Mom
10-08-2009, 08:31 AM
When you select you first restaurant you will get a booking screen. Right above the date it will ask you to retrieve your reservation. Click there and enter your reservation number. You can give it a test run before your 90/180 days and it will tell you when to come back.

fanofdisney
10-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Thank you, I will try that.
Also, Seanyred we are staying at Boardwalk then AKV Kidani on our next trip in 2010 too. It will be our first time at each of those resorts. I hope the switch isn't a pain:mickey:

seanyred
10-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Thank you, I will try that.
Also, Seanyred we are staying at Boardwalk then AKV Kidani on our next trip in 2010 too. It will be our first time at each of those resorts. I hope the switch isn't a pain:mickey:

Yeah I never done that before. I'm still awaiting my first DVC stay this November. Anyway when I booked my stay in March, the CM stated that when I check out I can leave my bags with the front desk and they will have it sent to my new room at Boardwalk.

So I'm hoping to get up that morning check out of AKV go to a park then recieve a text with my new room info at Boardwalk. Not sure if I have to check-in at Boardwalk or if that is done for me.

When do you have your trip?

fanofdisney
10-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Ok I tried that and when I get to the restaurant page and I try to retrieve our reservation number it doesn't retrieve our reservation it says there is an error. So then I tried to go by the calendar and it only lets you select up to the dates that are open which today is up to Jan 6. I guess with all this talk about online ADRs being such a problem I am pretty nervous. I know I have a resort reservation because when I check the DVC website it's there. Why don't these reservations transfer?

Seanyred-our trip is Jan 16-23

seanyred
10-08-2009, 11:00 PM
I'm wondering if the fact you have two different reservation numbers since you'll be at two resorts is causing a conflict?

Honestly at times like these I'd prefer to talk with a live person who can help you navigate the online system while talking with them. Not sure if member services will do that but I think they should.

seanyred
10-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Quick update. I just used the online ADR system to book Boma for this November. I used the confirmation number that I got from DVC. Hope that helps.

fanofdisney
10-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Yes, that would be nice if they had that service available. We are staying in a preferred view at BWV and Savannah at AKV. Let us know how your stay at Kidani is in Nov. I can't wait to stay at both of these resorts.:woohoo:

seanyred
10-09-2009, 07:50 AM
I will be sure and have a trip report after I return. I don't bring a laptop with me...I like to be disconnected from the rest of the world while I"m there.

I can't wait to stay at Kidani. We have a standard view so I'm sure it won't be as nice as yours, but it allowed us to stay longer so I'm okay with that.

Back to the original thread...have you gotten the online ADR figured out?

GreenBeetle
10-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Ok I tried that and when I get to the restaurant page and I try to retrieve our reservation number it doesn't retrieve our reservation it says there is an error.

Welcome to my world!! I had a :mad: thread going on this subject last weekend when it was my 90 day mark - no reservation # to be found online! I had to make all my ADRs on the phone. Even several days after, still the error message when I tried to retrieve my resort reservation. I was told that DVC reservations should have nothing to do with it.

Anyway, I finally filled out the form on the WDW website and sent an email explaining the error message on their Dining Reservation page. Disney never responded to my email, but my Resort Reservation now miraculously appears! :angel:

Perhaps you should send an email now before your 90 day mark and yours will appear like :magic: as well! ;)

DVC Mike
10-11-2009, 10:23 PM
I made all my reservations online this morning for my January stay at VWL, and the system recognized my DVC reservation number and everything went great!

GreenBeetle
10-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Looks like the online system continues to be a luck of the draw. :(

Time to let go of my frustration and look forward to Kidani in . . . 81 days! :yay:

Hammer
10-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Looks like the online system continues to be a luck of the draw. :(

Time to let go of my frustration and look forward to Kidani in . . . 81 days! :yay:

Just an FYI, I figured out that all 3 fields need to be filled in for the reservation to be associated, though they do not mark all fields as required. I initally got that error when I tried to make reservations for my December trip, but realized that I had not chosen my resort from the drop down list. Once I did that, the system associated the ADRS to my DVC reservation.

fanofdisney
10-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Ok, I finally called and they (DVC member services) told me that once I reach my 90 mark my number should work????? This does not sound right to me, the reservation number for our stay should be coming up regardless but please tell me if this is how it worked for you:confused: Oh this whole online ADR thing, I will probably end up calling after being online for an hour:(

GreenBeetle
10-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Ok, I finally called and they (DVC member services) told me that once I reach my 90 mark my number should work????? This does not sound right to me, the reservation number for our stay should be coming up regardless but please tell me if this is how it worked for you:confused: Oh this whole online ADR thing, I will probably end up calling after being online for an hour:(

Sorry to say, this is NOT how it worked for me. I was online at 6am at my 90 day mark ready to go . . . got the infamous error message . . . and it would not retrieve my resort reservation.

As I said in my previous posts, my reservation only appeared days after my 90 day mark, after all my ADRs were made over the phone, and I sent an email to the WDW website people complaining about my difficulties.

I wish I had better news, but all you can do is try at 6am online, but be prepared to call at 7am if it doesn't work out. :(

seanyred
10-13-2009, 10:36 PM
Here is how I retrieved my reservation long before the 90 day mark. This will be step by step for others to compare.

1) Through the dining page pick what restaurant I wanted.
2) Click Make Reservation
3) At the top of the Reservation page there is spot that asks you to log in...I log in.
4) Page goes back to Reservation page where there is another spot to Retrieve Your Reservation...Click Retrieve Reservation
5) Fill in all the fields, Reservation Number, Last Name, Arrival Date and Resort

And then my reservation appears on the screen.

Just for the heck of it I tried to retrieve my reservation for March 2010 and the system worked fine and it pulled my reservation up. But since I'm not at my 90 day mark it won't let me make ADR's just yet.

Hope this helps.

fanofdisney
10-13-2009, 10:40 PM
Thank you I will give it a try.:mickey:

GreenBeetle
10-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Here is how I retrieved my reservation long before the 90 day mark. This will be step by step for others to compare.

1) Through the dining page pick what restaurant I wanted.
2) Click Make Reservation
3) At the top of the Reservation page there is spot that asks you to log in...I log in.
4) Page goes back to Reservation page where there is another spot to Retrieve Your Reservation...Click Retrieve Reservation
5) Fill in all the fields, Reservation Number, Last Name, Arrival Date and Resort

And then my reservation appears on the screen.

Just for the heck of it I tried to retrieve my reservation for March 2010 and the system worked fine and it pulled my reservation up. But since I'm not at my 90 day mark it won't let me make ADR's just yet.

Hope this helps.

Yup, that's what I did too. But no reservation.

Well fanofdisney :wait: . . . how'd it go?? Any luck?? Hoping things work for you. :fingers:

fanofdisney
10-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Thank you for asking, yes it works:yay: Now for the weird part, I read Seanyred's advice, went to use it and it worked (that was on a laptop) then I read your question and thought I'm just going to double check it works and tried the same steps on the desk top and it didn't work:scratch: I think ok now that's strange so today I try it again and it works:crazy: (tested on both laptop and desktop) so it will be interesting to see if it works Sunday, my day to make ADRs:fingers:
Thank you Seanyred for the step by step directions. I think I was doing all those things but maybe it's the order that matters? Or maybe I was skipping something and hadn't realized it.:thanks:

GreenBeetle
10-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Well let us know Sunday how it goes and what ADRs you make. You know we love to hear about those restaurants! :tasty:

seanyred
10-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Thank you Seanyred for the step by step directions. I think I was doing all those things but maybe it's the order that matters? Or maybe I was skipping something and hadn't realized it.:thanks:

Your Welcome:thumbsup:
I'm glad it was able to work for you. I'm not sure if the order has anything to do with it but with all those fields to fill in I bet if you make one tiny mistake it won't recognize your reservation.

Anyway let us know how it goes.Glad I could help

fanofdisney
10-18-2009, 06:44 AM
Mission accomplished:clappy::yay: Thank you so much for all your help:thumbsup:

stitchaholic
10-18-2009, 07:29 AM
another little question to add on to this, if I am renting DVC pts,do you think the same thing will work? i already made my ADR's,but would like to switch one and add one.

thumperbug
10-18-2009, 02:08 PM
these posts had me paranoid so I did a test run to see if my DVC ressie number would work on the online dining website. It pulled it my ressie but I have to wait until oct 27 to make my ADR's...I'm sure everyone else will be making theirs that day so I will be on the phone at 7 am and on my computer at same time to see which way gets done faster. I expect the online system to give me more grief so I am prepared...also prepared with my back ups choices just in case. Since Feb hours are not released yet, I'm just gonna kind of be winging my ADRs and then plan my park visits around those...I usually plan the parks then dining around those. Oh well.

fanofdisney
10-18-2009, 03:08 PM
thumperbug- just remember the online ressie system opens an hour earlier than the phone lines. I was prepared to call if needed but had my ADRs done within 20 min:thumbsup:.
stitchaholic-if you already made your ADRs I would give the online system a try otherwise they most certainly should be able to help you over the phone.

Janmac
10-24-2009, 11:43 AM
My sister has exchanged, through RCI, into the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge for the 3rd week of January. Our window opened today for our dining reservations. We did a test run yesterday and of course WDW didn't recognize the RCI confirmation number. My sister called Disney and after some transferring got the right person and a Disney confirmation number to go with her reservation.

That number worked very well with the on-line dining reservations this morning. We were able to book everything except the Akershus breakfast. Our confirmation process seemed to take forever, so I was not surprised that the Akershus reservation got kicked out. I called WDW-DINE and had the CM make the Akershus reservation and her computer took a long time to confirm. She said there seemed to be extra problems in the system today.

She also said they were expecting to be very busy in a couple of days when the 180 day reservations opened up.

Also, we were lazy today and did not get right on-line when we could have. Probably started at about 8 am EDT. Just for fun tried CRT and there was an 8:30 am opening for one morning - tho we didn't book it. Wasn't on our list. We got all our requests within 10 minutes - possibly January is not so busy. (Suppers: 1900 Park Fare, San Angel Inn, Biergarten, Marrakesh, Coral Reef, Trail's End Kitchen; Breakfasts: Akershus and Tusker House.)

I also had a completely non-dining question about Norway which the dining CM researched for me.

This particular Disney reservation experience was definitely tending more toward the magical than tragic.

Jan

fanofdisney
10-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Fantastic! I am so happy things worked out so well, even with the 90 day/180 day switch.:mickey:

Janmac
10-24-2009, 03:03 PM
No doubt - when I heard the date for the switch back to 180 days I was sweating until I figured our date was a couple days before. Don't need any extra glitches. The on-line system worked fine until the "check-out" process and most of that went okay. CM was very helpful.

Oh, I forgot - the restaurants all say that there are 2 dining credits to be used per diner (we're doing the DDP). The CM said it was a glitch due to not all the 2010 info being entered into the system yet.

I'd do the on-line ressies again - with a trial run first. :D

Jan