PDA

View Full Version : Diabetic food choices

Disney4us2
10-07-2009, 05:11 PM
I am going to DL on Saturday... I know at WDW the chefs will come out and help. Do they do that at Disneland too?

I was recently put on insulin and have to watch thing more closely (not cheat as much:blush:)

TIA

tinkwest
10-07-2009, 06:53 PM
From first hand experience I know that the chefs at Storytellers Cafe (Grand Californian Hotel) will come out and discuss options with those that have dietary restrictions. I would think that many of the sit down restaurants throughout the Resort would be willing to help you out.

NotaGeek
10-08-2009, 02:02 AM
I am going to DL on Saturday... I know at WDW the chefs will come out and help. Do they do that at Disneland too?

I was recently put on insulin and have to watch thing more closely (not cheat as much:blush:)

TIA
You're type 2 diabetic right? I am not sure if your doctor has sent you to a dietician yet, but that was the most valuable thing you can do ... as a type 2 diabetic, it's not the same as a person living with diabetes their whole life, our eating can be a lot less problematic. Seeing a chef won't necessarily make a difference, especially if you are merely trying to "not cheat as much".

Although I am not on insulin and manage my glucose levels with pills and diet, if you were immediately put on insulin, seeing a dietitian might be something that can really help you ... good luck and have fun, luckily all the walking you will be doing will help you keep your levels on track.

Disney4us2
10-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Yes, I am Type 2. Been on pills for years. Just put on insulin because of high glucose levels, 200 to 300 range YIKES.

I will be walking, but sitting a lot. I use a rolling walker with a seat. Back problem. I am a walking train wreck. :train:

NotaGeek
10-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Don't worry, it's easy to be good at DLR ...